Alison Keenan’s feet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Was it those ghastly boot like shoes with peep toes ? I think Moda in P do them., Maybe its me, but a lot of the footwear that the presenters describe as 'beautiful', I think "really ?" Looking at models feet in magazines, rarely are they wearing any 'pretty' shoes. Those days seem to be gone.

Was it those ghastly boot like shoes with peep toes ? I think Moda in P do them., Maybe its me, but a lot of the footwear that the presenters describe as 'beautiful', I think "really ?" Looking at models feet in magazines, rarely are they wearing any 'pretty' shoes. Those days seem to be gone.
You are so right.Do you think it’s because people are becoming so much bigger in general? Think KP and her size 9s

I’m a titch, but could never wear pretty shoes….I’m an ex runner and my family regularly make fun of my trotters which are nearly as wide as they are long😂😂😂

If you look at magazine shoots or red carpet photos the people are beautifully dressed yet the shoes don’t fit. Either there is 4 inches spare at the heels or their toes are hanging over the sides of the shoes, always makes me wonder what the editors of these magazine are seeing (or not seeing) but then it’s like most thing on the media - all fur coat and no knickers.

Mum always drilled into me that I should have “neat feet”. I’m 67 now and pretty sure my feet have always looked neat. I have wide feet but it’s possible to buy elegant well fitting shoes in an “E” fit. I keep shoes heeled, doled and polished snd they last for years.

I know which ones you mean but no. They were solid at the front, no peep toes and not the “slash” style. The front came to her ankle bone. I think they were sling backs with maybe wedge heels.

In my opinion shoes reaching right up the top of the foot are unflattering - make the feet look large and solid. Also makes the legs appear shorter and lacking shape.

Mum always drilled into me that I should have “neat feet”. I’m 67 now and pretty sure my feet have always looked neat. I have wide feet but it’s possible to buy elegant well fitting shoes in an “E” fit. I keep shoes heeled, doled and polished snd they last for years.
I was a G fitting in Clarks as a kid and these are my youngest's baby shoes. There was never any hope for me- and I think I've passed it on in the gene mixing . Even when I was a cop for my time in uniform I wore Dr Martens shoes. I think my neatest shoes were my ‘court’ shoes (literally for court appearances as a witness).I used toI bull these to a patent-like shine, to wear with my size 8 police skirt and a hand tailored tunic! Happy (and much more svelte!) days 😂

They made feet look like blue trotters - if they are the ones I'm thinking of

I know which ones you mean but no. They were solid at the front, no peep toes and not the “slash” style. The front came to her ankle bone. I think they were sling backs with maybe wedge heels.

In my opinion shoes reaching right up the top of the foot are unflattering - make the feet look large and solid. Also makes the legs appear shorter and lacking shape.

So true. You only have to look at the feet of the models who trot on in trainers that are done up to the ankle and it makes their feet like boats and their ankles fat. Since I started buying my own shoes when a teenager I've always bought short fronted shoes - and though some hate a toe 'cleavage' I love them, it makes my foot look smaller.

I’ve never sure what to put on my feet!
I’m a size 41 - used to be 42 but they’ve shrunk! - fairly wide and because I’m tall, I’m nervous of heels!
I’m paranoid of making my feet look bigger - aka boats above! - and find ballerina flats the worst culprits for that so am a bit stuck!

I was a G fitting in Clarks as a kid and these are my youngest's baby shoes. There was never any hope for me- and I think I've passed it on in the gene mixing . Even when I was a cop for my time in uniform I wore Dr Martens shoes. I think my neatest shoes were my ‘court’ shoes (literally for court appearances as a witness).I used toI bull these to a patent-like shine, to wear with my size 8 police skirt and a hand tailored tunic! Happy (and much more svelte!) days 😂
I relate!

And I used to have DM shoes too - and fond memories of court shoes!

Models are frequently given shoes in the wrong size anyway, so they do not have pretty feet in the first place.
And don't get me started on the bunion-fest that is most female slebs feet!!

I hate toe cleavage, cannot have anything that cuts across on my big to as I have one large and one small bunion.
My feet are broad across the toes. Why do shoe shops provide a wide variety of sizes for kids, then only make a D fitting commonly?
Even E is sometimes too narrow for me, really... and Clarks are my saviour with some styles in EE fitting. Other than that you tend to learn by trial and error which brands will suit. I think it comes down to the lasts they use.
I used to be ok with M&S shoes but the last seemed to change and their shoes became instruments of torture.
That is why I am fairly loyal to Skechers and bl00dy love Birkenstocks. Wearing shoes or boots all day without discomfort or residual foot pain lasting for days is preferable to making a fashion statement.
Not wearing pointy shoes, ever, would be my advice to my younger self (along with don't shave your legs, start smoking or get overweight).

Last edited:
I’m fairly sure I bought wider calf long boots from them years ago.
Omg, I can't do longer boots because of super-thick calves! Most people won't believe me unless I measure mine and compare with their calf circumference. Affordable, preferably leather, boots that cater to bigger calves are permanently on my wish list.

My days of being able to dance all night in 4" heels, long gone. My mum made me wear sensible shoes Star Rite and I still wear what I call comfortable tramping about shoes. Usually Rieker shoe boots. I am a size 36, but some years back in the sales bought DM boots which are a size 2. They are great for tramping through the snow with the crampons to stop you slipping.

I buy my shoes from Ambrose Wilson - sounds old fashioned but they have some jazzy trainers as well as neat courts, sandals & strappy shoes. I need their E width and my sister is happy with the EEE fitting.
I’m fairly sure I bought wider calf long boots from them years ago.
Sounds good I must take a look on there 👏🏼
Though I did do a rather large shoe shop pre Covid, stuck still in their boxes, not worn a single pair as yet. 🤭

Are her feet as annoying as the rest of her? Jake Thackray wrote a song about her…On Again! On Again!
Haha!
She does rabbit on and ON!

I *love* Jake Thackray’s songs! So dry and clever!
Know all the words to lots of them including that one...

I’ve heard people say he was a misogynist - mainly because of that song and a couple of others - but apparently in real life he really wasn’t at all and was a wonderful husband...

Latest posts

Back