Alexis, she knows nowt.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
Someone tweeted in on last nights launch show to ask Alexis if l'Occitane products contained parabins. Considering she's worked for them for god knows how long and is also a director in the company, she didn't have ****** clue. Her answer was 'I'll have to check'. Well i haven't heard it mentioned again today, so I guess the answer is 'yes, our products do contain parabins, but if nobody else asks we won't bother mentioning it again'. Also, I think she's a right snooty cow, bet she's a nightmare to work for.

Someone tweeted in on last nights launch show to ask Alexis if l'Occitane products contained parabins. Considering she's worked for them for god knows how long and is also a director in the company, she didn't have ****** clue. Her answer was 'I'll have to check'. Well i haven't heard it mentioned again today, so I guess the answer is 'yes, our products do contain parabins, but if nobody else asks we won't bother mentioning it again'. Also, I think she's a right snooty cow, bet she's a nightmare to work for.

I saw that bit too, she actually looked like she didn't know what a paraben was. (its a preservative which can often be found in shampoo formulas etc)

last night I thought I heard her use Jilly Hallidays ' Bran new ' well it sounded like she did to me. I found it annoying (hope I've got the right Jill?)

Hmmm, I thought she looked a little uncomfortable with that question too.
If you search for "parabens" on the L'occitane UK website six products come up. The description for each mentions that these particular items are free from all sorts of things including parabens. I presume everything else does have them in. I thought her reply was pretty lame really.

Alexis knows all about parabens.
No question about it.
The company claim that currently, 78% of its products are paraben-free, and 5% of its face care products contain silicones.
I'm sure she just didn't want to go there.

What is your approach to parabens and preservatives?

Preservatives are molecules that prevent microbiological contamination of cosmetic formulas. All formulas need preservatives so that they can be used in normal conditions (kept in the bathroom, everyday contact with the user's hands, etc.).

We always proceed with caution, using preservatives in doses lower than those authorized by legislation in all countries and, whenever possible, including essential oils with antimicrobial properties in our formulas to help preserve the products.

At present, parabens are under scrutiny since a controversial British study revealed a potential link between parabens and cancer. Therefore, with regard to this subject, we ensure that we keep abreast of the latest studies and the position taken by the world's bodies responsible for cosmetic regulations. As a company that always errs on the side of caution, we replace parabens as far as possible with other preservatives whose toxicological risks have been fully investigated.
http://usa.loccitane.com/brand-faqs,82,1,28665,268459.htm

last night I thought I heard her use Jilly Hallidays ' Bran new ' well it sounded like she did to me. I found it annoying (hope I've got the right Jill?)

I'm sure she says that too :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back