Alexis, Loccitane, memory ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
Alexis has ALWAYS said that when her children were babies she always used to bath them in the sink only using L'Occitane MILK products, now today as she is selling the Liquid Soap duo she announces that she always washed them in the sink with using L'Occitane Sweet Almond liquid soap, never heard her say that before. Considering she always goes on about babies and their tender delicate little skins would she really use a kitchen sink hand wash on them?

theyre all liars, but i might argue that even L'occy shea liquid soap is NOT "kitchen sink handwash"!

No I don't mean it like it sounded, I just meant that they say to put it next to the kitchen sink and in Charlies case, one in the en suite, one in the garage, one in the downstairs loo and one in the Isle of Wight ;o) Sorry nothing derogatory intended

We used to get washed in the kitchen sink as babes with Lifebuoy soap, then when at school carbolic to keep head lice away. Our kitchen sink saw a lot of activity!

My granddaughter is liquid soap mad and once got through a bottle in one session. All bottles are now kept in her mum's airing cupboard.

Anyway, I recently bought her a bar of Imperial Leather of her very own as it takes ages to wear down.

Alexis has ALWAYS said that when her children were babies she always used to bath them in the sink only using L'Occitane MILK products, now today as she is selling the Liquid Soap duo she announces that she always washed them in the sink with using L'Occitane Sweet Almond liquid soap, never heard her say that before. Considering she always goes on about babies and their tender delicate little skins would she really use a kitchen sink hand wash on them?

I have heard Alexis say numerous times over the years that she used the Sweet Almond Liquid Soap on her babies when she washed them in the sink when they were tiny, so her saying it today is nothing new.

Goodness I stand corrected then! I have only ever heard her say, with each baby, that she always used the milk. Perhaps she changed when they discontinued the milk range? Milk was nice, annoying they stopped it.

No you're right Spooky, Alexis has said on numerous occasions that she only ever used the milk on the kids when they were little. I imagine as you said that once that was discontinued she had to change her story, otherwise customers would be asking for it and more importantly, asking why it was discontinued if it was SO fab!!

We used to get washed in the kitchen sink as babes with Lifebuoy soap, then when at school carbolic to keep head lice away. Our kitchen sink saw a lot of activity!

Crikey Lifebuoy that's going back a bit, I remember that too! Also, do you remember Lux, in the early days they always did it in blue, pink and peach, later on tho they only seemed to do white. Loved Lux and Cussons Pearl too, oh and Zest - that was yummy, fresh zesty marblised lemon, used to put it in my knicker drawer to make my undies smell nice. Apologies for sharing that little gem. Ooh you got me on a roll now, loved soap back in the day - never did us any harm did it!!! Miss Young would have a fit probably LOL Oh and Wrights Coal Tar soap - gould that smelt vile!!

Another fave, but shampoo this time, was Woodleigh Green (fresh green apple) shampoo. Bought some original Vosene too the other day, still smelt more or less the same but missed the old teardrop shape bottle.

Sorry guys, totally gone off at a tangent then with my own thread LOL. Got any similar memories to share? xx

Last edited:
ooh yeah Pears, think that is possibly the only one that is still around now. Used to feel posh whenever we got Pears as it was a glycerine bar, and in those days it was long before all the fruity glycerines, like today.

i like soap but i use l'occitane rather than shower gels and creams. imperial leather,lux,zest and fairy i think did a soap. there was knights castile as well

i remember all of those except the blue and peach lux. i think they still make cousens pearl don't they? as i've said before on here, i still use pears now.

Close your ears Alison Y but the big thing in the 50s was Camay which contained facial moisturiser so forget Perricone, Gatineau, Decleor etc., no need for any of it. A lady I know who is nearly 100 used it and her skin is amazing for her age.

6a00d83451ccbc69e2011168450c9e970c-400wi

Last edited:
Pears! loved loved loved pears, but parents always bought Imperial Leather :(

ooh yeah Pears, think that is possibly the only one that is still around now. Used to feel posh whenever we got Pears as it was a glycerine bar, and in those days it was long before all the fruity glycerines, like today.
I still use Pears and have done for years. Camay too was a big favourite when I was young because it was so creamy and felt luxurious. I don't care how much Gobby bangs on about not using soap on your face, it just isn't clean without using good old fashioned soap and water. All those cleansers, toners, polishers etc must encourage spots and other reactions reactions to occur imho and then she pushes more expensive "stuff" to clear up the bad skin that it's actually caused. :rolleyes:

I washed in Lifebouy the red job carbolic not the fancy one either. My great aunt used Camay and as I said in another thread was thought very posh for it. See people judged you on your soap choice way back too.:wait: My aunt M loved Lux. Oh and Knight's Castile too. I remember waiting to see how long the paper bit in the middle lasted on Imperial Leather. A friend still buys Pears. Embassed bit here, when I was a child it seems my mum sent a photo away and entered me in the Miss Pears contest. Turned out I was a few months over the age limit!!! LOL

I use Bonne Mer soap, we have a Fare in the grounds of the city hall each christmas. A guy comes over from France and has a stall selling it, 3 bath size bars for £6. So I stock up and they last me for ages too. I go for the Lavender,Violet and Asses Milk(yes real Asses Milk is used a woman near him has a herd used for their milk).

Latest posts

Back