Advice please on return of jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
I posted back via Royal Mail a ring that came yesterday which wasnt suitable, The lady in the post office (well she is my neighbour) advised that I send it back special delivery because, especially at this time of year, it is much safer because it is clear what is in he parcel. This cost me £6.50.

How do I stand with qvc getting some or all of the postage back. I seem to remember that if you return it unused within a week, then you should get the postage back.

From what I can make out, under the replacement DSR regs, it depends on what is in the terms and conditions. And they say that if you return under your statutory rights(so within 14 days) the returns cost is payable by you but you get the original p&p paid back. You would probably be advised to ring QCS and let them know it is coming and that you are returning them on the statutory rights basis rather than the 30day MBG as I don't think you get the p&p repair that way.

They would only pay your return postage if the item was wrong or broken.

I am ready to stand corrected though!

I could never understand this with jewellery and QVC returns.

Back in the day when they used tell us just send signed for, now called Tracked. But that just means when it arrives back at QVC is it signed on mass for everything returned that day. Expensive jewellery is not covered by insurance if not send Special Delivery. I believe the max you can claim with Tracked is £20?

I posted back via Royal Mail a ring that came yesterday which wasnt suitable, The lady in the post office (well she is my neighbour) advised that I send it back special delivery because, especially at this time of year, it is much safer because it is clear what is in he parcel. This cost me £6.50.

How do I stand with qvc getting some or all of the postage back. I seem to remember that if you return it unused within a week, then you should get the postage back.

was the ring really expensive if so its worth the postage cost tbh

From what I can make out, under the replacement DSR regs, it depends on what is in the terms and conditions. And they say that if you return under your statutory rights(so within 14 days) the returns cost is payable by you but you get the original p&p paid back. You would probably be advised to ring QCS and let them know it is coming and that you are returning them on the statutory rights basis rather than the 30day MBG as I don't think you get the p&p repair that way.

They would only pay your return postage if the item was wrong or broken.

I am ready to stand corrected though!

Yes Mazza is correct, I email them so I have it in writing and have a proof if needed. I also ask
them to update my account with this information. The email takes them a few days to reply, so just to be on safe side follow up with a phone call or vice versa. I like having a record in writing.

I could never understand this with jewellery and QVC returns.

Back in the day when they used tell us just send signed for, now called Tracked. But that just means when it arrives back at QVC is it signed on mass for everything returned that day. Expensive jewellery is not covered by insurance if not send Special Delivery. I believe the max you can claim with Tracked is £20?

Actually, with regular postage, you get up to £20 in the event of loss. With Signed For (used to be called Recorded Delivery - about £1 extra) you get up to £50; and Tracked, which is only available online, it’s £100. There are other categories which are more for those who want speed and/or guaranteed for a certain time next day, and with varying levels of compensation. See attached from Royal Mail - this is for sending a small parcel.

DAE59001-CC94-4CD7-A050-FD8AC780DA2C.jpg

Actually, with regular postage, you get up to £20 in the event of loss. With Signed For (used to be called Recorded Delivery - about £1 extra) you get up to £50; and Tracked, which is only available online, it’s £100. There are other categories which are more for those who want speed and/or guaranteed for a certain time next day, and with varying levels of compensation. See attached from Royal Mail - this is for sending a small parcel.

View attachment 16721

Well, that was useless as it’s illegible. Maybe this will be better?

40CC8383-A4F7-4629-990F-3B39AA9154DE.jpg

Speaking of returning 'jewellery'. The other day I went to put on a B & W necklace (one of his glittery jobs from around 5 years ago), well, I know I've only worn the thing once, but before I put it on I noticed a stone missing. Do I learn an expensive lesson from this ? er, yes. Many years have passed, so cannot return it, so it will sit in the drawer until I come across a stone that's the right colour and fit - unlikely.

View attachment 16721

jewellery is only insured if sending special delivery

https://personal.help.royalmail.com...ending-valuables,-money-&-jewellery-in-the-uk

If you’re sending valuables, money or jewellery in the post, you should use Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed®. This lets you to claim compensation if the post is lost or damaged. Valuables sent using any other service aren't eligible for compensation.

Ah, thanks. I didn’t think to check the T&Cs (well, I’ve never sent jewellery by post).

I was just wondering how much of QVC’s jewellery would count as “valuable”. Royal Mail say:

“Our definition of jewellery includes: any precious metal that has been manufactured in such a way as to add value to the raw material, including coins used for ornament;
diamonds and precious stones
watches - the cases of which are made wholly or mainly of precious metal
similar articles with an intrinsic value other than the value of the workmanship.”

Is Eek a precious stone?

Post Office and Royal Mail say no jewellery, even costume, is covered unless sent Special Delivery.

Just or let you know that I have had an email back from qvc and they have said they will refund my postage once the item is back to them. Not sure how much postage that will be but I will keep you posted

Latest posts

Back