Advanced orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else had been caught out and if anyone knows if legally there is any redress? I ordered an electrical item from QVC, but it had gone to advanced orders, the date of sending happen to coincide with payday (which was 2 days earlier), however it was actually sent out 4 days earlier, thus there was not enough money in the bank to clear, thus the order got cancelled (which as it turns out was possibly not a bad things as the reviews were not entirely favourable), I did though get a charge by my bank for not being able to fulfil a charge. My question is therefore this is there any redress, and is it entirely legal for QVC to get away with this? Interested to hear replies.

This happens to me a lot, this is why I try not to go on advanced orders, it happened to my twice in one week the other month, I went on A/O for the new Easiyo maker and the Flora Mare hand cream and bag. I was gobsmacked when I checked that evening and the were both in process. So now I'm careful, I only go in A/O when I know I've got the money in my bank spare.

It's hidden in small print somewhere that if they get stock sooner than anticipated then they will dispatch it's before the advanced order date.

I too am now always by careful and never order something on advanced order unless I know the money is in my bank to be taken out at any time.

It's often better to try and hold your nerve rather than jumping in the minute something does to advanced orders. I was once super-keen and basically got someone's unconfirmed order.

What I suspect happens is that first in the advanced order queue means you will get any unconfirmed orders, or cancelled before despatch orders, and after that any returns (I'd like to say carefully checked, unopened returns, but we all know that doesn't always happen) within the period before the advanced orders are due in. Only when you get past those would you genuinely get advanced orders, I reckon.

I won't place an advanced order now unless I can pay for it whenever it gets shipped, just in case.

I have noticed some presenters have started to mention this on air too. That with AO they may ship earlier than expected.

Yes there has obviously been problems as the (better) presenters are now flagging the fact that orders can be despatched early so to make sure that funds are available.

Ironic really when you consider how long it takes to get a normal order despatched.

I have seen this from the presenters, this X product is due but may come in sooner.

Number of complaints over time from people on their Facebook page complaining the Advance Order, arrived too quickly left them with problems, or I am so pleased it came early good on QVC.

I've had the same - ordered a couple of items one evening and one was ok and one went to advanced orders. I specifically went on AO to make time to get more money in the bank for it but the AO item then was marked as in process the very next day and the money was taken. Luckily, there was enough to cover it but I 'phoned CS to complain. They told me that AO are often covered by people who cancel their orders before despatch. Presumably the first available stock goes to the first on the AO list and so on. As I've had my fingers burned, I'm much more careful now and won't order on AO - I don't want payments being taken from my bank when I'm not expecting them. I really don't like the fact that so much stock is on AO. It makes sense for very special items but I don't understand why core products are never in stock anymore.

I'm sure it's not beyond them to get their IT systems to email 24 hours notice if the date changes.

Everything I've ever ordered on AO has arrived a few days or a week before the stated date. I usually have funds but you can get caught out if it's a bigger purchase.

CC

Also check the prices, the Margaret Dabbs 100ml duo was £30 on A/O yesterday, today it's £31 they've whacked a quid on.

Also check the prices, the Margaret Dabbs 100ml duo was £30 on A/O yesterday, today it's £31 they've whacked a quid on.

I noticed that and mentioned it on the BPOTM thread. I also was sad enough to get out a calculator and work out the price per ml - the replacement for the BPOTM is about a penny per ml cheaper than the product that's sold out (for what it's worth).

I noticed that and mentioned it on the BPOTM thread. I also was sad enough to get out a calculator and work out the price per ml - the replacement for the BPOTM is about a penny per ml cheaper than the product that's sold out (for what it's worth).

I noticed that too.

Bumped this up as it has happened again! I bought a Zelens product on AO for the end of the month, then changed my mind overnight and tried to cancel the next morning only to discover that it was already "in process" and too late to cancel. Luckily, there was enough to cover it in the bank, just, but not happy that it has come out so much sooner than expected. To add insult to injury, two days in the warehouse, which should have been ample time to cancel, and it has been sent second class mail, so I've not even received it yet. Also, on a show last night, JF was telling us how they let us know when AOs come into stock and will be despatched! Utter codswallop - if I hadn't wanted to cancel, I'd not have known until it either arrived or when I looked in the bank. I understand it can be earlier but not the same night! I also checked several times after the show to see if it was back in stock first, but it was showing sold out until quite a long time after the show. It seems someone hadn't updated the stock levels or something. It really messes my bank around. I know how it works but QVC really could be more customer friendly and let us know if it changes, especially as it happened so quickly. Consequently, when it does eventually arrive, it'll be going straight back.

It's happened to me too.

I never go by the date they tell you because it always arrives sooner.I avoid advance orders unless its something I really want, and if I have the money in my account.

Saves me a fortune .

That's normally how I operate with AO too, but it happened so quickly I hadn't had time to make sure everything was in place, just in case. It was less then 2 hours after placing the order.

Yes they do say they may send it earlier but in that case maybe they should stop giving a date and say within the next 4weeks or something like that.

I know when I got caught out I based my decision to order on the date they gave. I realise now it is all part of their tecnique to get us to part with our money.

Chloe never once said yesterday that the stock may come in early, she just kept saying you'll get your next pay cheque (I know) she also kept saying "you'll get it in three to five days" like Ali K and sometimes Jackie K do, now my problem with this is, as well as leaving out the "working" part, is that the producer/floor manager and most importantly the director, don't correct them, it's like they're scared to upset a presenter by pulling them up and correcting them when they're wrong, unbelievable!

I rarely order on AO but every time I have I can never remember the date its due in anyway! I ordered a ring on eek day and that eventually arrived but I've no idea if it was early or on time. Fortunately at £15 including postage it wouldn't have mattered much.

I can see how it could cause problems but they do regularly say it might come earlier. I've certainly heard Ali Young and Julia say "on or before" whatever date.

Latest posts

Back