Acer TSV Sunday 12th December

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Smiley1

Registered Shopper
Hello
Does anyone know what the Acer TSV is please? I am in the market for a new computer after many faults with the one I currently have, any help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

My guess would be a netbook - it won't be a desktop as they said the HP touchsmart was the last desktop they were selling for 2010.

I did notice they have a Dell TSV around Jan 06th - i think. That may well be a desktop, but no guarantees.

its an acer netbook and will most likely be way over priced

Absolutely! Dont waste your money with QVC's over-inflated prices, go somewhere like PC World, Comet etc as they have some bargains!! And if anything goes wrong hardware-wise, you will get it sorted much easier!

Rich

Acer Aspire D255 10.1" Dual Core Wifi Netbook 250GB HDD, Win 7, Mouse & Sleeve
Item Number: 564495
QVC Price £354.00
Today's Special Value Price £299.84
Availability In stock
UK P&P £9.95

Description
Acer Aspire 10.1" dual core Wi-Fi netbook with a wireless mouse and sleeve. Featuring an Android 2.1 operating system as well as Windows 7, you can enjoy mobile Android apps as well as standard office and entertainment software on one device. Get truly mobile with this stylish, slim and compact portable netbook from Acer. Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland only.

A powerful specification featuring the latest dual core Intel processor made specially for netbook systems, and 1GB memory means that your programs will run quickly and smoothly.

Store all of your documents, photos and videos on the generous 250GB hard drive.

Find an open Wi-Fi hotspot and go online wherever you are. The netbook offers up to eight hours of battery life on a full charge.

Link to your Bluetooth devices quickly and easily with the built-in Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity.

Guard against scuffs and scrapes with the protective neoprene sleeve. There's also a mouse included for those who find touchpads too fiddly.

Stay safe online with one year's AVG Internet Security software for up to three users.

Find the PC to suit your style with a choice of seven fabulous colour options; classic colours of Diamond Black, Ruby Red and Seashell White with a black mouse, and happy colours of Hawaii Blue, Lime Green, Candy Pink and Lavender Purple each a with matching colour mouse.

Technical specifications:

Display: 10.1" Acer CineCrystal LED LCD screen
Processor: Intel Atom dual-core N550 1.5GHz
Memory: 1GB DDR3 RAM
Hard drive: 250GB
Graphics: Intel GMA 3150 graphics with 64MB of dedicated system memory, supporting Microsoft DirectX
Audio: two built-in stereo speakers
Connectivity: 10/100 Mbps fast Ethernet, Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED, Bluetooth 3.0+HS
Webcam: built-in 1.3MP
Battery: six-cell li-ion (up to eight hours battery life)
Keyboard: Acer FineTip, 93% of full-size keyboard
Touchpad: multi-gesture touchpad, supporting two-finger scroll, pinch, rotate and flip
Dimensions: 25.85cm x 18.5cm x 2.4cm (10.2" x 7.3" x 0.95")
Weight: 1.25kg

Input/output

2-in-1 card reader (SD and MMC memory cards)
3 x USB 2.0 ports
External display (VGA) port
Headphone/speaker/line-out jack
Microphone-in jack
Ethernet (RJ-45) port
DC-in jack for AC adaptor

Software

Operating system: Windows 7 Starter 32 bit and Android 2.1
Microsoft Office Starter 2010 (trial)
Oberon GameZone
Adobe Reader 9.1
McAfee Internet Security Suite (60 day trial)
Windows Live Essentials - Wave 3.2 (mail, photo gallery, Live Messenger, Movie Maker, writer)

What's in the box?

Acer Aspire One netbook
AC adaptor
User guide
Li-ion battery
Quick setup instructions
Cleaning cloth
QVC added value

Acer netbook neoprene sleeve (black)
Acer Aspire One wireless optical mouse and USB receiver
AVG Internet Security Software download card - for one year's security for up to three users

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564495

Well gotta say how disappointed I am with this TSV! Of course it goes without saying its overpriced - it is QVC afterall! But, WHY another netbook? Netbook sales are (globally) on the decline so why not give us something we actually want. This is just my opinion, but I really dont see the point in netbooks and I know I wouldnt be brave enough to use one in a coffee shop, high street etc for fear of being mugged (and the police doing nothing about it - but thats for another time)!!

Rich

there is this for £229 on PC World

ACER Aspire One D255
Intel® Atom® N450 (1.66 GHz)
Genuine Windows® XP Home
Memory: 1GB
160GB
10.1" Widescreen

No dual core this has Intel® Atom Processor N450, the TSV has Intel Atom dual-core N550

or blue tooth, mouse or case - but is the TSV worth it?

Last edited:
there is this for £229 on PC World

ACER Aspire One D255
Intel® Atom® N450 (1.66 GHz)
Genuine Windows® XP Home
Memory: 1GB
160GB
10.1" Widescreen

No dual core this has Intel® Atom Processor N450, the TSV has Intel Atom dual-core N550

or blue tooth, mouse or case - but is the TSV worth it?

and thats a 160gb HDD the TSV is 250gb and can be found on pc worlds website for £279.97

I have had my Samsung for almost 3 years now and love it, netbooks were quite"new" then and the ones that are available now are much better. Having said that I would recommend Samsung I have always had Acer laptops and desktops and my current laptop is an Acer and again I have never had any problems with it.

To be honest there seems to be very little difference in any of the netbooks available after all how much of the hard drive do you ever rally fill?? If you are into digital photography your better off storing images on an external drive in case anything happens to your netbook. I think its more important ot check out battery life, processor speed and operating system when considering a netbook or any computer

Well gotta say how disappointed I am with this TSV! Of course it goes without saying its overpriced - it is QVC afterall! But, WHY another netbook? Netbook sales are (globally) on the decline so why not give us something we actually want. This is just my opinion, but I really dont see the point in netbooks and I know I wouldnt be brave enough to use one in a coffee shop, high street etc for fear of being mugged (and the police doing nothing about it - but thats for another time)!!

Rich

I agree with you totally, SB, I wouldn't use it in a cafe as I don't frequent them very often and, when I do, it is with friends to have a chat and a get together. Also, one can purchase a laptop with the same specs for the same price but it will have a dvd/cd rom drive and a larger screen. So why go for a netbook and have to squint at the screen? I don't take my laptop out, so I certainly have no need for a netbook.
Also, this netbook is available at www.simplyacer.com for £239, with internet security bot no mouse or sleeve. As the latter two items can be purchased for under £20 total, the only advantage with QVC is the easy payments if you want/need them.
As has been commented upon in previous remarks on this post, QVC is way overpriced.

Latest posts

Back