Acer laptop TSV on Sat 27th October

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I bought an Acer TSV very recently, so I hope that this next one will not be better and cheaper because "mine was the most powerful laptop they'd ever brought us"!

It may possibly be a notebook, not a 15" laptop this time.

I know this is too early to ask, but would be grateful for any advance info when known, SCW. Thanks.

I bought an Acer TSV very recently, so I hope that this next one will not be better and cheaper because "mine was the most powerful laptop they'd ever brought us"!

It may possibly be a notebook, not a 15" laptop this time.

I know this is too early to ask, but would be grateful for any advance info when known, SCW. Thanks.

strato, are you interested in the upcoming TSV ????

No, I don't want another laptop, I just want to rant if the next one is better than "the best one ever" that I bought last time lol.

I couldn't get used to the touchpad, but bought a couch-mouse, which sort-of negates the convenience of a laptop.

I also found I could not read the screen when on my lap unless I wore my specs optimised for PC distance, not my normal bifocals, so I couldn't play with it on my lap and watch TV at the same time.

Because I bought the Prestigio tablet, I have been playing with this recently, and can see it easily with my bifocals. So, after the initial novelty, I haven't used the LT much.

Also, I kept poking the screen with my finger as I am used to touch-screen devices, like the HP PC (TSV) I am using at the moment.

Unfortunately, my broadband is too slow to watch videos, catch-up TV, even Youtube now it has gone HD :-(

No, I don't want another laptop, I just want to rant if the next one is better than "the best one ever" that I bought last time lol.

I couldn't get used to the touchpad, but bought a couch-mouse, which sort-of negates the convenience of a laptop.

I also found I could not read the screen when on my lap unless I wore my specs optimised for PC distance, not my normal bifocals, so I couldn't play with it on my lap and watch TV at the same time.

Because I bought the Prestigio tablet, I have been playing with this recently, and can see it easily with my bifocals. So, after the initial novelty, I haven't used the LT much.

Also, I kept poking the screen with my finger as I am used to touch-screen devices, like the HP PC (TSV) I am using at the moment.

Unfortunately, my broadband is too slow to watch videos, catch-up TV, even Youtube now it has gone HD :-(

Hello
You should be able to lower the picture quality of YouTube clips bottom right of the screen, usually gives you several options.

PJ

Hello
You should be able to lower the picture quality of YouTube clips bottom right of the screen, usually gives you several options.

PJ
Hi PJ. Did you see my earlier post about android phones, etc, you seem very up on computer things etc, and
would appreciate, if you have time, could you read the post and advise about a good phone. Appreciate it Barbs. I not
no worry

http://www.qvcuk.com/webapp/wcs/sto...-ISRC&keyword=502669&ddkey=http:CatalogSearch

Acer E1531 15.6" Intel Dual Core Laptop with Windows 8, 4GB RAAcer E1531 15.6" Intel Dual Core Laptop with Windows 8, 4GB RAAcer E1531 15.6" Intel Dual Core Laptop with Windows 8, 4GB RAAcer E1531 15.6" Intel Dual Core Laptop with Windows 8, 4GB RA
Acer E1531 15.6" Intel Dual Core Laptop with Windows 8, 4GB RA

QVC Price: £381.50

Today's Special Value Price :

£329.96

P&P: £9.95

4 Easy Pay instalments of £82.49, plus P&P

Acer 15.6" laptop with the new Windows 8 operating system, 4GB RAM, an Intel Pentium dual core processor and 500GB hard drive. Be among the first to experience Windows 8, Microsoft's intuitive new operating system, with this powerful laptop, which features a built-in Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam, Wi-Fi connectivity and a bright CineCrystal LED-backlit display. Meet the new Windows with this fantastic all-round laptop from Acer.

Windows 8 is all about you - make your PC experience your own with a customisable Start screen and much more
Connect your Windows 8 PC to an HDTV via the laptop's HDMI port to share pictures, videos and more
Powerful Intel Pentium processor and 4GB RAM allow you to run multiple programs at once
Watch DVDs and burn your own discs with the built-in 8x DVD Super -Multi double layer drive

What's in the box?

Acer E1-531 laptop
Power lead
Battery
Quick start leaflet

Technical specification:

Display: 15.6" HD high-brightness Acer CineCrystal LED-backlit TFT LCD with 16:9 aspect ratio and 1366 x 768 resolution
Processor: Intel Pentium B960
Memory: 4GB DDR3 RAM
Data storage capacity: 500GB hard disk drive
Optical disc drive: 8x DVD Super Multi double layer drive
Graphics: Intel HD
Audio: built-in stereo speakers
Webcam: Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam with 1280 x 720 resolution and a built-in mic
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n)
Interface: Acer FineTouch keyboard with independent numeric keypad and a multi-gesture touchpad
Battery: six cell li-ion battery (up to four hours battery life)
Dimensions (l x w x d): 38.16cm x 25.3cm x 2.54cm - 3.32cm (15" x 10" x 1" - 1.3")
Weight: 2.45kg

Input/output

1 x HDMI with HDCP support
1 x VGA
3 x USB 2.0
1 x multi-in-one card reader (supports SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro and xD memory cards)
1 x Ethernet (RJ-45)
1 x headphone/speaker jack
1 x mic-in
1 x DC-in jack for AC adaptor

Software

Genuine Windows 8 (64-bit)
Adobe Flash Player 10.3
Internet Explorer 9
McAfee Internet Security trial
Acer clear.fi

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland only, including Northern Ireland.

Thanks for the info.

A lesser spec than the last one (mine) and about £70 less expensive. I also got free Webroot anti-virus etc for 1 year for 3 PC's as the "added value".

I would not want Windows 8, it is confusing enough running XP and Win7, even the favourites bar is on the opposite side of the screen.

They just featured this on TV (on the Bose show) and you can order it NOW, but it won't be shipped until the official launch of Win8 on 26th Oct.

Does anybody know if this is good value as I know nothing about laptops and would like to get one for my teenager daughter for christmas?

I've ordered this for my teenage son's christmas. It looks adequate for his needs and the 4 easy pays swung it for me!

Does anybody know if this is good value as I know nothing about laptops and would like to get one for my teenager daughter for christmas?

My teenage daughter wants a laptop for Christmas too goldie but I am unsure whether to get this one or not
will be interested in others comments

My OH dropped our small Dell notebook last week as he slipped when coming down some stairs. He is somewhat bull-in-china-shop. He was carrying it open and by the screen......it then apparently hit the table and bounced down our main stairs. When I came in, he was there trying to take it to pieces to see what it looked like inside - this is a man who thought a mouse was a small furry thing until recently. You will gather we are not very techie in our household. Question for those in the know - would this make a good repalcement? We use it for emails, Fleabay and other shopping, FB, booking hols, storing photos etc....Thanks

I personally would never buy another Acer laptop! Had one, loved it, bought another and it was nightmare, it eventually got replaced but Acer CS would drive you to distraction!!!!

I personally would never buy another Acer laptop! Had one, loved it, bought another and it was nightmare, it eventually got replaced but Acer CS would drive you to distraction!!!!

I'll never buy another Dell or HP for exactly the same reasons. It's hit and miss isn't it? I've toyed with the idea of getting a Mac as they're supposed to have a longer life, be more reliable with better CS. If I could be assured that I'd get at least 4-5 years trouble free from it I may well go for it next time I'm in the market for one.

I'll never buy another Dell or HP for exactly the same reasons. It's hit and miss isn't it? I've toyed with the idea of getting a Mac as they're supposed to have a longer life, be more reliable with better CS. If I could be assured that I'd get at least 4-5 years trouble free from it I may well go for it next time I'm in the market for one.

Can highly recommend Apple PP. We replaced our HP Desktop several years ago with a refurbished Apple direct from them and it's been fantastic. To be honest, not too sure how much of it was "refurbished" because it all looked brand new to me, the keyboard definitely was anyway. Then earlier this year I had our son's iPad as he upgraded and it's a fab little gadget and I'm not a big techie fan!!

However, I wouldn't touch Acer with a bargepole. Our daughter had one when she was at Uni and she had nothing but trouble with it.....mind you it did work overtime!

Agreed Sazza but even with x4 exclamation marks to emphasise the point, that's still an understatement - Acer CS are the rudest, laziest, most woefully incompetent/poorly trained, disorganised people it will probably ever be your misfortune to have to deal with.....bar none!

Never again & I can only thank the QVC CS rep who finally intervened for me (after weeks of trying to get the blasted 'puter returned direct to Acer!), presumably with a not too delicately phrased suggestion that Acer might like to get their asses into gear now as they (QVC) then 'phoned me back within 10 minutes to say it would (finally!) be picked up in 3 days time!

Acer CS? if I was unladylike enough to spit (which I'm not! lol), I wouldn't even waste spit on them.....! :down: :down: :down:

Apple all the way. I have had a MacBook Pro for over a year, my daughter for 2 and a friend of mine has had one for 6 years. Not one of us have had any problems at all. Apple customer service is very good, and you can just walkl into anApple store if you have a problem (doesn't matter who you bought it from) the Genius Bar in store will help you.

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

I have had an Acer Aspire 5100 for 7 plus years. Never had a problem with it and it is on around 10 hours a day. I upgraded the memory from 1G to 2G of RAM almost immediately. The 60G hard disk still has 8.69g of space.

QVC on the 15:00 show just announced that the Acer TSV is available for sale in advance with 4 easy payments.

Latest posts

Back