Absolutely intolerable Huntley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
For the sad lack of anything better to do have been watching Huntley 'present' Kings Realm. I use the term loosely, gobbling her way through would be more apt. Bet she goes to the loo and throws up as soon as it is over.:devil:

This woman has managed to plunge the depths of total insincerity, which is saying something when you consider the competition, none of them bad at it either.:devil:

To do a kitchen show in a flowing kimono with huge sleeves, first of all tells me that she has no intention of getting her hands dirty, and second of all, it is a real safety hazard with those hotplates around, and third of all, sets a really bad example.:devil:

I do not need to see her gurning and pulling faces every time she takes a bite, I can judge the quality from the pictures, thank you. Time there was someone knowledgeable presenting these shows, the chef lady is very good, but is inexperienced in tv presentation and has a lot to get through. Also I am not sure that some of that meat is safe to eat the way she cooks it. Rare is fine, raw not.:devil:

In Catherine's defence (and I've done my share of micky-taking on this forum) - I think all the presenters are pretty much the same when it comes to tasting food on shows. They all make 'yummy' noises and say how nice it is! They're hardly going to stand there and say 'oh my god that's hideous - it's made me mini-vom in my mouth!'

I do like Catherine - I think she's a genuinely nice person. Glad to see the back of the wag-wig as well - looks much nicer for it. :happy:

Last edited:
She was going into raptures about the incredibly overpriced (frozen) food. My nephew is a butcher and has a one-man business hand making sausages/chicken parcels/burgers etc from locally produced top quality meat. He sells at farmers' markets and his produce is a fraction of the price of Kings Realm. You really don't need to buy from a TV shopping channel to get premium quality meat.

The prices of Kings Realm goods are a disgrace there again people must buy them. IMO CH is an excellent presenter and it is a bit sad to see some posters appear to very bitter against her for whatever reason.

Am I imagining things or was King's Realm rebranded under another name? Wonder what happened to the stocky little guest who used to say " four in number"

Saw 10 minutes of it, thought the meat was expensive. Didn't think the presenter did anything different to when other presenters do food shows. I then changed channels, wasn't hard to do.

He used to bring a range called Beucclough or something like that. Some Scottish brand that was equally expensive!

Am I imagining things or was King's Realm rebranded under another name? Wonder what happened to the stocky little guest who used to say " four in number"

Wasn't there a brand of pies a few years back? With a slightly older gent and his wife?

I don't watch food shows generally but as has been said already the presenter is hardly going to say, complete with grimace, " Gawd this tastes like c**p", are they!

Wasn't there a brand of pies a few years back? With a slightly older gent and his wife?

I don't watch food shows generally but as has been said already the presenter is hardly going to say, complete with grimace, " Gawd this tastes like c**p", are they!

Was it Lime Tree or something similar?

Yes, Lime Tree Pantry. They started on Ideal World and then went to QVC. They don't seem to be selling on TV now but still trading. I used to buy their pies at a local deli that sold them. There were a bit pricey but good quality.

I always thought he looked as though he was about to explode!

Maybe he has
animated_explosion_object-emoticon-0034.gif

She was going into raptures about the incredibly overpriced (frozen) food. My nephew is a butcher and has a one-man business hand making sausages/chicken parcels/burgers etc from locally produced top quality meat. He sells at farmers' markets and his produce is a fraction of the price of Kings Realm. You really don't need to buy from a TV shopping channel to get premium quality meat.

Yes in raptures about an item last month, rather expensive it was too and saying it was a purchase for a certain person.
It really did make my eyes water, and at the time I pointed it out to my DD who was around.
I'm not so naive not to know it's all about the sale of the item, being presented by sales assistants on TV.
Though later when the said same recipient openly says thank you on Twitter for a totally different item well............... :thinking:

Latest posts

Back