A quick question please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No it's not!
It makes perfect sense to me.

Me too! They have to be changed some time, why not with the changing seasons?! And it's the type of thing I would do, so I like it :tongue:

i change my cushions and throws every few months - olive/red in winter and blue /pink rest of year. they're all cheap from asda or primark so changes the whole look of the room for little cost/effort. main problem for me is storing 'em.

I don't have a set routine. It also depends on my boredom threshold. We don't have heavy wear, fortunately, in our house (just three of us including a bunny, who has her own fleecy cushions!).

Hi,

Yes, I confess that I do change my cushions around. I like florals, dare I even use the dreaded word chintz! Summertime is all flowery and pastel here, winter I go for russets and golds, velvets with embroidered brocade trims etc... Just nice to ring the changes for me, plus I am a Laura Ashley fan and refuse to part with a lot of my older patterns.

Inge x

I also change my cushions regularly...but then I change the colour of my room every 12 months!!

The sofa covers get changed if I buy a new sofa and the cushions get changed if the new sofa comes with cushions!! Life's too short.:cheeky:

i don't understand the 'life's too short' comment. if i enjoy making my living room look different, what's wrong with that? the 5 minutes it takes isn't taking precious time away from any other 'more importnat' avtivity.

Thanks to the person who started this thread, I have now replaced all my lounge scatter cushions even though I had no thoughts of doing so at the beginning of the month!!! Still, I suppose they were due for a change. Hubby hasn't noticed yet but I guess he'll look like this when he does :mysmilie_466: :rolleyes:

When I was young (yes I can remember that far back) my mother always changed the curtains in the summer & winter. Nothing to do with fashion or wanting a make over though we had old sash windows, no double glazing or central heating in those days so I think it was more to do with trying to keep the draughts out. I can remember being able to write my name in the frost on the inside of the windows in my bedroom, those were the days !!! :mysmilie_462:

Your post has brought back some memories DD because my Mum used to do the same, she loved the changeover. We used to have covers for the arms of the chairs too and also those which went over the backs where you'd rest your head to protect from general wear and tear. I can also remember frost on the inside of our windows.......goodness we MUST be old, the youngsters of today just don't know they're born!!! :wink:

Your post has brought back some memories DD because my Mum used to do the same, she loved the changeover. We used to have covers for the arms of the chairs too and also those which went over the backs where you'd rest your head to protect from general wear and tear. I can also remember frost on the inside of our windows.......goodness we MUST be old, the youngsters of today just don't know they're born!!! :wink:

For some reason it won't let me say either 'thank you for this post' or 'like this post' !! Does anyone know why ?

I remember the arm covers and antimacassars too I even made them in my needlework classes at school

Last edited:
Oh I do cos I'm sad. I put Christmas cushion covers over the cushions on the settee and I have a Christmas door mat and a Christmas toilet seat cover too. I have a Christmas teapot, oven gloves, coasters, apron, tea cosy, towels etc and that's as well as decorations

Remember the Ikea advert where they threw all the doilies and lace into the skip outside.

That was my stuff!

I can remember my Mum changing the curtains as well. Flowery in the summer and dark red chenille in the winter. We also had a chenille curtain on the front room door to keep out the drafts. It was fitted on a special rail on the door which (if I remember correctly) just raised the curtain slightly so that it didn't drag on the floor. Our windows were the old type sash windows which would rattle if it was windy. Lino on the floor with slip mats at the doorways and a homemade rag rug in front of the fire.

i don't understand the 'life's too short' comment. if i enjoy making my living room look different, what's wrong with that? the 5 minutes it takes isn't taking precious time away from any other 'more importnat' avtivity.

If you enjoy doing it (or anything else for that matter!) then you go for it. It was only my personal feeling on the situation not a directive!!! :mysmilie_477:

I can remember my Mum changing the curtains as well. Flowery in the summer and dark red chenille in the winter. We also had a chenille curtain on the front room door to keep out the drafts. It was fitted on a special rail on the door which (if I remember correctly) just raised the curtain slightly so that it didn't drag on the floor. Our windows were the old type sash windows which would rattle if it was windy. Lino on the floor with slip mats at the doorways and a homemade rag rug in front of the fire.

Other than the rag rug you have just described the flat I grew up in !!

Does anyoone know how I can activate the 'like' and 'thanks' buttons, they're there but won't work, it's only happened since I've had my new PC it was fine with the old one ?????, any help gratefully recieved

Oh, I remember rag rugs!!! Well before the days of "Readicut" (is that company still going?) I used to help Mum cut up old coats, etc. into strips and once she'd taught me how to make them we had lots of fun together sitting in front of our coal fire during the long winter evenings. They are the most wonderful memories and I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my cheeks just thinking about them.

When I was young (yes I can remember that far back) my mother always changed the curtains in the summer & winter. Nothing to do with fashion or wanting a make over though we had old sash windows, no double glazing or central heating in those days so I think it was more to do with trying to keep the draughts out. I can remember being able to write my name in the frost on the inside of the windows in my bedroom, those were the days !!! :mysmilie_462:

I also remember frost-covered windows.it used to take me ages to pluck up the courage to get out of bed in the mornings. Our bathroom was downstairs,so you had to be really,really desperate to use the loo .

hmmm...i don't remember frost on the windows but i do remember dreading getting out of bed. maybe we didn't have frost inside in the extreme south. i remember sitting with my feet on the hearth and mum telling me off and saying i'd get chillblains.

Latest posts

Back