A question for the handbag experts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

greatgable

Registered Shopper
I know this is sad coming from a man - but I have just been watching the handbag emporium - not much on TV tonight to be honest... Anyway, here is the question:

I am puzzled at the moment there is Kathy van Zeeland bags on which use man made materials and they appear to me to more expensive than Tigananelo (sp?) which are leather. Am I missing something here. Or as a bloke do I not understand these things :33:

Yup, with KVZ you're paying for the 'design', ie massive ornamentation and fussy detail. KVZ actually started out at much more reasonable prices, as far as I can remember - I'm guessing that high sales have allowed QVC to hike the prices up.

Some women (not all!) are happy to pay for a 'name' or a 'label', even if the product itself is not that great quality! It's a kind of female status symbol, see?

Daft I know but no worse than a bloke de-badging his bog-standard Beemer 320i & slapping on a fake M3 badge he bought from eBay, or shoving a Nurburgring sticker on the back of his Vectra when we all know the closest he's ever been to a racetrack is watching F1 on the tele! lol

It's all in the name & other peoples' perception of that name! :3:

I know this is sad coming from a man - but I have just been watching the handbag emporium - not much on TV tonight to be honest... Anyway, here is the question:

I am puzzled at the moment there is Kathy van Zeeland bags on which use man made materials and they appear to me to more expensive than Tigananelo (sp?) which are leather. Am I missing something here. Or as a bloke do I not understand these things :33:

There is no understanding it, greatgable. I'm guessing you haven't seen the Lulu Guinness bags yet - they'll blow your mind :11:

You just need to feel the fabrication of KVZ bags to realise they are worth the money!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

I did feel sorry for the model - she was wearing a rather unflattering dress and none of the handbags he showed didn't suit her lol - still she kept smiling :22:

No, you're not missing anything greatgable. I think their bags are soo over-priced, especially the KVZ ones which, as you say, are plastic!
I've just taken delivery of another Price-Drop TV Tommy and Kate padlock bag which is gorgeous! Really nice leather, well-made (even has the studs on the bottom) and cost me £19. Bargain!:)

Attachments

• BAG.jpg
    BAG.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 235
This has puzzled me for quite a while! I've got 2 Tignanello bags and ordered a third today and they're lovely bags, in real leather. I just don't understand why the KVZ bags are dearer, so you're not the only one!! Not that it really bothers me because I'd never ever ever buy a KVZ bag.

I was given a KvZ bag some years ago as a present, actually quite liked it, but my daughter called it my dominatrix bag due to colour and hardware on it. It did not last long in all honesty as the PVC started to rip easily and split with use, so only used it for one season (ugh ... do I not sound stylish: using a bag for one season!!!!!!! lol):8:

You are paying extra for the 'name' and the plasticy bling factor with the KVZ bags. But the Tignanello range is also made by KVZ but without her 'name' on it.

It rather contradicts the ethical reasons the presenters always mention, for using plastic in the KVZ range, that she is against using animal products - but happy to use it for Tignanello and the B.Mackowsky range. But then why bother using leather when she can flog plastic at leather prices.

You are paying extra for the 'name' and the plasticy bling factor with the KVZ bags. But the Tignanello range is also made by KVZ but without her 'name' on it.

It rather contradicts the ethical reasons the presenters always mention, for using plastic in the KVZ range, that she is against using animal products - but happy to use it for Tignanello and the B.Mackowsky range.

Yes, I found that pretty galling too! :49:
I only found this out just recently so although I like the look of the Tignanello bags, it was probably the reason that instead of buying 1 or 2 of them I instead thought 'Nah, stuff it!' lol

But then why bother using leather when she can flog plastic at leather prices.

Well precisely, the cheeky mare! What a joke! :49:

Blimey, the things you learn on here !!!! I did'nt know KVZ operated under the Tig name ! sneaky.... eh !

When she first appeared, I checked out her own website where her bags are in leather and cost hundreds of pounds, yet on the premier show she said she did'nt work in leather - huh !!!! I soon wrote to Julia on her blog and put her straight on a few things because she was so INTO this woman.

you are right it is wierd. its just cus of they think they have this great brand image. some people like to pay expensive prices for cheap bags. wierd

I find the KVZ range rather gawdy and tacky - a case of 'would you like a bag to go with your bling?' and certainly not value for money.

This from a serious handbag addict too :33:

Latest posts

Back