A new Kathy Tayler ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RedorDead

Registered Shopper
I know its not the "done thing" to say something nice about anyone on QVC BUT I wanted to voice my opinion of Kathy Tayler.

Whilst she may fluff around occasionally with her words and get confused at the voices talking in her head ( she's not a scitzo so I guess its her ear piece) I have to say how much I enjoy watching her cos she is so unpretentious.

Her new look is super. I did a double take when I saw her yesterday morning wearing black trousers and cami with a beautiful( not purchased on QVC ) Royal blue jacket. She has a new hair do and has lost loads of weight.

WAY TO GO KATHY ! Keep it up .......

I agree, I have always like Kathy Tayler and she is very watchable.

I know its not the "done thing" to say something nice about anyone on QVC BUT I wanted to voice my opinion of Kathy Tayler.

Whilst she may fluff around occasionally with her words and get confused at the voices talking in her head ( she's not a scitzo so I guess its her ear piece) I have to say how much I enjoy watching her cos she is so unpretentious.

Her new look is super. I did a double take when I saw her yesterday morning wearing black trousers and cami with a beautiful( not purchased on QVC ) Royal blue jacket. She has a new hair do and has lost loads of weight.

WAY TO GO KATHY ! Keep it up .......

Exactly my thoughts - glad someone else noticed. She looks like she's got a new lease of life!

She suits the contact lenses she's wearing in place of her specs. And her hair suits being longer - makes her look years younger. She's at her best presenting the clothes hours, I think - she's not a fashion junkie and I think she genuinely appreciates the less flamboyant lines.

i met her in person at an event recently and, although not as feminine and slender as some of the other presenters, she is quite pretty with a young/girlie look. also, she has a serious, collected manner with an intellectual twist. i was quite positely surprised; in my opinion, she appears boutch and a little bit silly on tv which is not the case.

i totally agree...i have a bit for kathy as she is one of the old-school presenters who sees her job in a very professional way and although it is true she can be a little bit random and seem to be full of nervous energy, i think she is a real star. i remember i heard her once say that they have the equivalent of appraisals and that in hers she was told that her nails needed to be improved. she said it all in passing as she was presenting a product and came across as someone who had seen it as constructive criticism. i loved her for that attitude...she is one presenter who does not seem to have a huge ego and that makes her a complete novelty and deserving of masses of praise in my opinion!!!

I saw her on yesterday and thought she looked lovely. Her hair is so much more flattering a little longer.

Kathy's new hairstyle really suits her. It is so refreshing to see such an unpretentious person on QVC. The rest seem to take themselves so seriously, that it is impossible to relate to them.:10: The most ironic thing is, Kathy is probably one of the highest achiever of the pretentious lot, but still remains the most down to earth.:40: (Isn't that always the case). But bless her for not getting deluded and staying true to herself. Very commendable in the this age of instant celebrity status.:21:

Debbie also seems to be unpretentious and down to earth.

As livelovelaugh's says its because their old school.:1:

Last edited:
Another Kathy fan here too - she comes across as a 'real' person, and isn't fake or up herself like some presenters can be (and that's universal, not just QVC). I always remember her from TVAM doing the After Nine section, and the Holiday programme on BBC1, she was always great on that too. She might fluff her words from time to time, she might not be a glamour puss or a diva - but she's still a great presenter who I like to watch very much.

I always used to find Kathy rather irritating, the stumbling over her words, the way she sits there blinking like a slightly nervous & confuddled owl or something but have to say she has definitely grown on me recently & she was delightful on the recent 'what's in my wardrobe?' show, which featured several items she actually wore herself! Amazing!

She is very unpretentious & genuine I think, what you see is what you get with Kathy, certainly she's one of the few presenters I wouldn't object to living next door to!
Most of them talk utter nonsense anyway but although Kathy sometimes faffs a bit & looks a little flustered, when she does get round to saying something, it is usually something reasonably sensible at least!

Another Fan here, Kathy is lovely, she makes a few gaffs here and there, but what you see is what you get, down to earth and no side to her....:1:

Another vote for Kathy. In fact she's one of the very few I can watch on QVC without getting cross!! I enjoy her slightly mad presentations and she makes me smile. I think she's lovely!

I always used to find Kathy rather irritating, the stumbling over her words, the way she sits there blinking like a slightly nervous & confuddled owl .....

true, i also found her erratic at times, but now, having met her, i realise that she must be uncomfortable in front of the camera, somehow she doesn't know what to do with herself. this is often the case with serious, sort of intellectual people; it requires a degree of alloofness to enjoy the lense and she has too much self-awareness.

What a refreshing change to see such a positive thread about KT, usually such horrible things are said about her. I think she comes across as a thoroughly nice, decent person and have always liked her. So what if she fluffs things a bit, I wouldn't be able to do her job and for me personality will always win hands down over slickness.

I also think Kathy is lovely,there is a genuine honesty about her:)

It wouldn't QVC if there wasn't a bit of flaffing and fluffing of lines!!!

Debbie is another one I like too,both of them come across as warm people,like someone said,you'd be happy if they were your neighbour.

OOooh! How nice to see a positive thread for our Kath. I've always liked her and Debbie.
I hope she did not feel pressurised to have an image revamp. Why should she be.
She looked fine before. She does look fab though with the revamp.

You go girl!

I've always liked Kathy because she doesn't come across with airs and graces like some of the other presenters. I find her a pleasure to watch, even with her line fluffing - think that makes her more endearing to be honest.

I have always liked Kathy, and I know that she has come in for a lot of criticism around here, but she is always, natural and open about herself. I too have noticed that she is looking particularly lovely lately, although I have always thought she was very pretty. I suspect she is not aware of just how pretty she is. My Dad, although don't tell him I've posted it here, always says how nice she looks and what a lovely person she seems!

Latest posts

Back