A little annoyance...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
...This is not a big thing and I am perhaps being a little hard on QVC...but what on earth is the point of putting something on hold if they then sell all the products so they cannot fulfill the order? I know, they holding the price and not the product and that it is great they give the option to hold anything, and I can also see why they want to sell as many products to real sales and not just held up....but, at the same time, I am thinking it makes no logical sense whatsoever.

I have probably a 1-10 hit rate in waitlist orders so I always look in dread whenever I see waitlist appear...and to make matters more complicated, I am due to be away at the end of Sept...so, if my item comes back I will probably have issues with either an over-helpful delivery person leaving it outside of the door for a week...or it being sent to and fro until I am back.

As I say, it is only a little annoyance, and I am glad there is the check-hold facility but I do wish QVC would make their systems more clear...

To be honest its not a cheque hold, its for people who prefer to pay by cheque* or postal order even. We use it as a cheque hold though. In the old days I had to pay by cheque as they didn't take my debit card at that time(not have a visa one), but I always got my order without problem. Trouble is so many now use it as a hold and then either change their minds and or don't cancel order I think they give the products out to credit and debit payers first.

* I can see QVC actually no longer accepting cheques in the near future, they are being discontinued by the banks and shops no longer accept them. Infact I believe the only shopping channel to accept them now is QVC.

I have never used waitlist so have no personal experience of wether you get the product eventually, I work on the principle if I really wanted something or was meant to have it then I would have ordered it before it soit sold out.
I agree with Donna about paying with cheques cant see it lasting much longer everywhere you go now has already stopped accepting cheques or has notices up warning you they are about to

I know they have scrapped plans to get rid of cheques all together but retailers are still stopping accepting them and a lot of banks are now only issuing cards that are debit cards and not cheque guarentee cards eventually this will see the end of cheques regardless of wether we the customers still want them.

I know they have scrapped plans to get rid of cheques all together but retailers are still stopping accepting them and a lot of banks are now only issuing cards that are debit cards and not cheque guarentee cards eventually this will see the end of cheques regardless of wether we the customers still want them.

You are correct, none of the shops will accept cheques now and haven't done for ages. Online retails want debit/credit cards or paypal. Companies such as electric,water and gas charge extra if you pay by cheque.

Latest posts

Back