A-Listers.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's a big difference between in the public interest, and the public is interested !

Indeed... but frankly it seems so futile unless the English and Welsh law is able to muzzle every single digital communication method in every single country in the world... pie in the skies I would suggest.

Problem is that if you are famous, you either have to live lives of continually restricted virtuous conduct the whole time or trust to your social circle's discretion and live your life without worrying about gossip-hungry media outlets and paparazzi the whole time. I think the celebs would be better off expressing annoyance but then shrugging their shoulders and getting on with life. The only people doing well out of this are the lawyers.

Yet there are lots of very very successful celebs who live their life out of the spotlight. They do their work, be it film, music television and then go back to a low key lifestyle.

However there are those who show no discretion whatsoever, court the media and then cry when their privacy is invaded.

I find that the lower the talent level the higher the gossip column profile. I suppose they are frantic to get their 15 mins of fame

OK
I must have been living under a stone as I have NO IDEA what you are all going on about.

I have never brought a tabloid newspaper and have no intention of ever doing so.
So thankfully I won't ever find out what all the fuss is about.

And in reality I don't think I either want or need to know.

I love a bit of gossip,I read 3 newspapers every day as I like to know what's going on in the rest of the world.

When I started this discussion it was tongue in cheek because I seriously did not expect any of us mere mortals to say they had met a celeb A or otherwise in real life, it was my musings as to skin tone makeup choices etc.

Since others have chosen to bring up the injunction business, I personally think it is wrong that because they can afford to do so, they can be allowed to force an injunction on the media, or anyone else.

If minor celebs and the more worldly famous ones decide to upset their marriages and children's perceptions of them, then they should stay faithful to their wives - for me regardless, there is no excuse for doing anything else, end of. Keep it in your trousers, you got married and have children think of that before you err, then know you can hide it by injunctions.

I've never heard such rubbish in my life. I get my news from tv, I haven't bought a newspaper since 1982 and don't miss them in any way.

I love a bit of gossip,I read 3 newspapers every day as I like to know what's going on in the rest of the world.

I read the Daily Mail On-Line avidly. As another celeb once said 'All human life is there'.** (I'm off to google that quotation now)

** it was Henry James, although stolen by the late New of the World which I suppose is quite fitting.

OK
I must have been living under a stone as I have NO IDEA what you are all going on about.

I have never brought a tabloid newspaper and have no intention of ever doing so.
So thankfully I won't ever find out what all the fuss is about.

And in reality I don't think I either want or need to know.

It isnt just tabloid newspapers - it is on the main news and many topical news programmes/quiz. Their discussions is not the actual celeb or what they are up to but the fact that they can take out injunctions to cover up their indiscretions just because they have the money to do it.

It isnt just tabloid newspapers - it is on the main news and many topical news programmes/quiz. Their discussions is not the actual celeb or what they are up to but the fact that they can take out injunctions to cover up their indiscretions just because they have the money to do it.

Tabloid newspapers are great! I'm lucky in that the first thing I get to do of a morning is to read every single newspaper going in 90 minutes. I do like the Mail, particularly Jan Moir. I really HATE the Express. If they're not blethering on about hating migrants / Europe it's some stupid weather story, or a piece about how 2 blueberries a week can prevent dementia. Red-top papers are the best.

I've not read a newspaper for about twenty years, if not longer. I think they're full of poop which ironically is what they end up like after lining bunnies cages the length and breath of Britain.

When I am standing waiting for a till in my local shop I scan the headlines of some of the magazines ( not Ideal Home or Good Housekeeping!) I haven't even heard of the 'celebs' they are headlining.The best one I saw in the US & I bought the magazine.It had a picture of Camilla (sorry Duchess of Cornwall) looking as though she was stumbling with headline 'Camilla having breakdown, marriage to Charles over' in fact she was photographed mid curtsey to some foreign Queen, not rolling in the gutter.No further comment!

I read todays front pages on sky, if there is anything that interest me I will go to Mail-on-Line which I have on my favourites....

Latest posts

Back