2022 beauty advent

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
If anyone is interested the Evening* Standard online has a run down of what’s available and the prices. Not my thing but I know some members like them but wonder if the cost of living increases will make them unaffordable as some of the prices are hefty.

As the Liz Earle calendar got a mention in another thread, it prompted me to check out some others.
This list doesn’t have my favourite which is the Soap and Glory one from Boots, but lots of others…..some very presteeeeeeeeeeeegus………As well, for you.

As the Liz Earle calendar got a mention in another thread, it prompted me to check out some others.
This list doesn’t have my favourite which is the Soap and Glory one from Boots, but lots of others…..some very presteeeeeeeeeeeegus………As well, for you.
Ouch!!! The prices of these advent calendars now! Sign of the times, I suppose. I know some have always been £150, £200, £250 each, but even the ones which used to be well under £100 seem to be over now. OK, far cheaper than their stated value (if you want to go by some made-up number the manufacturer can stick on every product it makes in order to make it seem like a massive bargain when you see it for less) but if you’re going to spend a couple of hundred quid on beauty, surely you want to choose what you get and only go for things you know you’ll love because they suit you. I get that the idea is to be able to try several new items, mostly in minis, but for me that’s only a good idea when I’m spending £50-£60, not £200. (I admit I would consider paying more if I knew I liked the majority.)

Thanks for the link though, madaunty.

I like these advent calendars with beauty bits in them, but there are so many different brands of lotions and potions you end up not knowing what did what. It's a bit different with cosmetics because you can see the results instantly, same with perfume, you can tell whether or not you like it, discover whether it has staying power and you can quickly decide whether you wish to purchase another one or the full sized version later on.

Ouch!!! The prices of these advent calendars now! Sign of the times, I suppose. I know some have always been £150, £200, £250 each, but even the ones which used to be well under £100 seem to be over now. OK, far cheaper than their stated value (if you want to go by some made-up number the manufacturer can stick on every product it makes in order to make it seem like a massive bargain when you see it for less) but if you’re going to spend a couple of hundred quid on beauty, surely you want to choose what you get and only go for things you know you’ll love because they suit you. I get that the idea is to be able to try several new items, mostly in minis, but for me that’s only a good idea when I’m spending £50-£60, not £200. (I admit I would consider paying more if I knew I liked the majority.)

Thanks for the link though, madaunty.
Ouch, indeed.
My OH has bought me the You Beauty one for the last few years and one year I asked for the Bare Minerals one.
The BM one had sold out by the time he went to get it last year. So he bought the YOU one again and the Soap & Glory one, which if you buy early can get for half price. I do like this one because everything is usable. We have a lot of weekends away so it all comes in handy for travelling.
There are only 2 things I’ve got from other calendars which I repeat purchase; Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple cleanser which I am never without now.
Also, Miller and Harris Rose Silence perfume.

It would be nice if after Christmas retailers split up unsold boxes so that people could try one or two items for a reasonable price. I have very sensitive skin so I rarely try new products but I would be interested in a mini for a trial without a big price tag.

Latest posts

Back