200mls Emma Hardie Moringa Balm in stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I must admit I am quite tempted to try this as the thought of one pot does all really does appeal to me.
I like to keep things simple these days following a sensitivity issue that started last November and I am now afraid to deviate from what I use at all.
Yesterday I used Neal's Yard Rehydrating Rose Moisturiser (free sample) & this morning I woke with bloodshot eyes & had to use my eye-drops, the first time in months.
Did anyone react to this balm in any way?

Edit: react to the Emma Hardie balm I mean

I decided not to go for this after all. Not just yet anyway.
I used my drops twice yesterday & my eyes were clear this morning so perhaps that's a lesson for me - stick to what you are using!
Currently that translates as a few Clinique & Lacura (Aldi) products on my face and nothing else.

Sorry but this woman is not even removing the Eve Lom correctly. You massage then apply the muslin cloth dipped in hot water and well rung out. This means no residue left as she describes. You do not mix it with water!

No balm cleanser and I mean nothing makes your face feel so soft and clear as the Eve Lom.

Strange how all the outrage about the mineral oil in the product when so many use vaslene(sp), as a lip balm.

Donna its not the mineral oil as such but the PRICE! Would you really pay what Eve Lom charges for a product that is largely made with Vaseline? For all I know it may be one or more of the other ingredients that I was allergic to, I can't say for sure it was the mineral oil. I don't use it on my lips BTW but I do use it on my children.

I decided not to go for this after all. Not just yet anyway.
I used my drops twice yesterday & my eyes were clear this morning so perhaps that's a lesson for me - stick to what you are using!
Currently that translates as a few Clinique & Lacura (Aldi) products on my face and nothing else.

Sounds like we have a similar problem, Minim. I too need to use eye drops when my eyes flare up, bloodshot, itchy & begin to swell badly. If you don't mind my asking, are you using anything round your eyes that you can tolerate? My eyelids are very dry at the moment but I haven't found anything I can tolerate at the moment as they've still not settled completely following an anaphylaxis I had three weeks ago.

Donna its not the mineral oil as such but the PRICE! Would you really pay what Eve Lom charges for a product that is largely made with Vaseline? For all I know it may be one or more of the other ingredients that I was allergic to, I can't say for sure it was the mineral oil. I don't use it on my lips BTW but I do use it on my children.

No, but when Eve Lom is mentioned usually its the fact it has mineral oil in it that seems to upset people.

Oh mine has never smelt of mineral oil but herbal so not sure how old the sample this woman had was???? Samples I have seen come in a sachet with a small muslin cloth. Oh and her muslin cloths are far better quality than the Liz Earle ones and bigger too. I have some for 5 or 6 years. Liz's fray after a while.

i had to return the eve lom cleanser as my skin broke out in huge spots/boils the girls in space nk were really worried and refunded there and then. i have some liz earle cloths that i have been using for 4 years that go in the washing machine all the time and if i ever need to replace then i will as i use them for all my cleansing..i agree though that mineral oil is a good base as it sits on the skin until its taken off other cream/oil/balm with posher bases sink in before the job is done.

Emma Hardie's cloths seem to be micro fibre. I have a micro fibre headwrap thing that I was not using, planning on using that to wipe my face. Any opinions on muslin vs microfibre?

Sounds like we have a similar problem, Minim. I too need to use eye drops when my eyes flare up, bloodshot, itchy & begin to swell badly. If you don't mind my asking, are you using anything round your eyes that you can tolerate? My eyelids are very dry at the moment but I haven't found anything I can tolerate at the moment as they've still not settled completely following an anaphylaxis I had three weeks ago.

I tried various eye creams/ gels without success & now leave well alone. I found they made matters worse quite honesty.
I use Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips & find that both soothing & not drying.

You might want to read up about Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). Basically it is found in foaming products.
I eventually found that it was the cause of my allergic conjunctivitis (pink eye). I changed my toothpaste, bath gel and hair products & it went. Not only did it go, but a canker I had in my mouth disappeared (Dentist had said it was caused by a tooth rubbing) and my hair is thickening up - I've got new growth around my hairline.

I seem to have developed a sensitivity to a lot of things. Some eye drops - ones that contain preservatives - affect me badly. I just weep.

Last edited:
Could someone send a couple of pots of this stuff to all of our war zones? After all if you believe EH it's the cure for everything so we may as well give it a try. Maybe parcel some up for the third world too, put and end to starvation and AIDS?

The utter twaddle that's being talked about this stuff has to be heard to be believed. Every presentation gives us yet a new thing it's great for. She just said your cat may want to eat it because "it's sooooo yummy" *GAG*.

Can we all just calm down a bit please?

Some people get excited about their vacuum cleaners BurlyBeaR , some get excited about their skin products.

I use the LE Muslims with C & P. also use the muslin squares that my babies had. Just the same and larger and cheaper too. I don't buy EH cloths, too expensive so use my babies terry nappy strips followed by my LE cloth works lovely and cost practically nothing. I am glad that those terry cloths came in to some use, as my children ended up with pampers despite my best, environmentally friendly intentions.

Oh, on the morning show this morning they have now put 4.95 p and p on the big pot of Morninga balm. Glad O bought 2 with free p and p, will keep the newer one sealed in a dark cupboard. Saved myself a tenner

I use the LE Muslims with C & P. also use the muslin squares that my babies had. Just the same and larger and cheaper too. I don't buy EH cloths, too expensive so use my babies terry nappy strips followed by my LE cloth works lovely and cost practically nothing. I am glad that those terry cloths came in to some use, as my children ended up with pampers despite my best, environmentally friendly intentions.

Oh, on the morning show this morning they have now put 4.95 p and p on the big pot of Morninga balm. Glad O bought 2 with free p and p, will keep the newer one sealed in a dark cupboard. Saved myself a tenner

He he Muslims lol!!!! Sorry couldn't resist Kat!!! xx

I may go for the EH cleanser in the future, but for the timebeing trying to use up what I have in my stash - still using an Elemis pro radiance cleanser from ages ago that I had put away! Really happy using Clinique's take the day off eye make up remover - works wonderfully on even hard-to-budge stuff. The EH one looks really good though and sounds deliciously scented!

Bloomin auto correct! My apologies to any Muslim who may have been offended by the suggestion that I may use you as a cleansing aid! I meant MUSLIN I swear!

Why oh why is this in a pot? I've switched from the Eve Lom pot to the new morning version of the cleansing balm partly because it works just as well, but mainly because it's in a tube. For a huge pot with fingers dipping in every day for a couple of months it can't be ideal for a hygiene point of view. Plus it's easier to use a tube in the shower with wet hands than manage a heavy tub and lid.

I love the scent of the Eve Lom cleanser...I can't imaging what that blogger was sniffing.

If anyone wants the Eve Lom morning cleanser it's still on the Q site at the BCC price of £29 instead of £38 for 125ml http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200205.cm_scid.KeywordSearch and at least you can try under the 30day MBG (subject to a small amount of quibbling if you return too much)

Jude xx

Why oh why is this in a pot? I've switched from the Eve Lom pot to the new morning version of the cleansing balm partly because it works just as well, but mainly because it's in a tube. For a huge pot with fingers dipping in every day for a couple of months it can't be ideal for a hygiene point of view. Plus it's easier to use a tube in the shower with wet hands than manage a heavy tub and lid.

I love the scent of the Eve Lom cleanser...I can't imaging what that blogger was sniffing.

If anyone wants the Eve Lom morning cleanser it's still on the Q site at the BCC price of £29 instead of £38 for 125ml http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.200205.cm_scid.KeywordSearch and at least you can try under the 30day MBG (subject to a small amount of quibbling if you return too much)

Jude xx

Good one Jude :cheeky:

Seriously though was shocked to read in one of Donna's posts that a comment on facebook said someone returning an item, had exceeded the expected 30 day usage.

Last edited:
Bags re Donna's post, maybe I should have put "quibble if you return too little left in the pot"!

Jude xx

Bloomin auto correct! My apologies to any Muslim who may have been offended by the suggestion that I may use you as a cleansing aid! I meant MUSLIN I swear!

Kat that did make me giggle. I'd switch off auto correct if I were you... I never use it.

P&P no longer free for 200ml - very unfair if it is beauty product of the month or whatever the catchy title is!

Burly I agree the presentations are over the top. I think it is simply a brilliant cleanser which suits my skin...but no product works for everyone.

Latest posts

Back