14th Anniversary of In ths Salon with Alison

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just Beauty Direct

For all your beauty needs
Just had an e-mail from QVC ( I suspect I am not alone :D)

And

June marks the 14th anniversary of In the Salon with Alison Young. That's 14 years of top-class beauty advice from our very own industry expert.

Tune in at 9 pm on Monday 15th June and 7 pm on Tuesday 16th June for more tips as well as some Anniversary Price treats to celebrate!

Quite an achievement - wonder how old she was when she started with QVC and what made her join in the first place

Just had an e-mail from QVC ( I suspect I am not alone :D)

And

June marks the 14th anniversary of In the Salon with Alison Young. That's 14 years of top-class beauty advice from our very own industry expert.

Tune in at 9 pm on Monday 15th June and 7 pm on Tuesday 16th June for more tips as well as some Anniversary Price treats to celebrate!

Quite an achievement - wonder how old she was when she started with QVC and what made her join in the first place
About time they sunk this parrot she is past her use by date.:(

No doubt they'll be digging out old clips,guffawing at her many dodgy hairstyles and malapropisms............oh the hilarity!!!

Hmmm, think i'll give those shows a miss,i've got some glass and razor blades to chew on those days.

May have outgrown Alison and I may not like the way she claims exclusivity on Smashbox, but I actually like her. It is no mean feat to hold a position in the beauty industry for that long and I have watched and purchased and been persuaded many times.

Beauty must be one of QVCs best selling cateogry - if not the best selling category. Alison must have a lot of credit for that.

Having met her at NYNY I was very impressed with her friendliness and she is far prettier and far slimmer than the camera tells us.

She may not want my thanks (for obvious reasons :) ) but i have a lot to thank her for.

I don't mind Alison - She may spout on about things time and time again as well as interupt the other people - but I think she can be quite funny sometimes!

She's definately a good sales person I used to hang on her every word which I don't now but she does come across as a nice person!

i agree shes not that bad just cos she goes on and doesnt seem to be on this planet at times, it may just be her tv persona ide like to think shes not quite as bad in real life lol, i have learnt alot watching her she knows her stuff

I have to say I thought Alison was very funny when she was on with Keeley last night - she smiled, hell, she even laughed several times & came out with numerous witty comments!
I did think at one point if she didn't keep making Keeley giggle so much, we'd end up with an on-air QVC baby! lol

Quite a different side to her there, she is obviously highly intelligent & has a very dry sense of humour - none of her usual screeching hard sell tactics & she even got off her bottom to shove a few products on the model herself to save Keeley keep getting up & down!
It was quite an entertaining show actually, well I was entertained anyway! :)

I've learnt a lot from Alison over the years for which I thank her. I'm far less inclined to be persuaded by the "hard sell" and she does annoy me at times with the interruptions and the loudness of her voice.

But I also like her dry sense of humour and ability to laugh at herself. I agree last night's show was an opportunity to see a different side to Alison which we don't often see. I enjoyed the show and thought it very funny when Alison ended the show 20 minutes or so early.

I agree last night's show was an opportunity to see a different side to Alison which we don't often see. I enjoyed the show and thought it very funny when Alison ended the show 20 minutes or so early.

Oh yes, that was hilarious & when she said to Keeley something along the lines of 'Well, you're back, you've had the baby, that was quick'......I thought Keeley was going to collapse in a fit of giggles! One of QVC's funniest moments I thought! :D

I like Alison as a person & would probably like her in RL but as you say Tangle foot, I don't like the hard sell aspect to her & if I want to buy something I will, I don't like being told in no uncertain terms that I need it & have to get it now!
(Also her wrinkle paranoia is a bit much but hey, nobody's perfect I guess! lol)

Oh yes, that was hilarious & when she said to Keeley something along the lines of 'Well, you're back, you've had the baby, that was quick'......I thought Keeley was going to collapse in a fit of giggles! One of QVC's funniest moments I thought! :D

I like Alison as a person & would probably like her in RL but as you say Tangle foot, I don't like the hard sell aspect to her & if I want to buy something I will, I don't like being told in no uncertain terms that I need it & have to get it now!
(Also her wrinkle paranoia is a bit much but hey, nobody's perfect I guess! lol)

I thought so too! Very funny also when Alison said to Keeley we'll want photo's of the baby for the viewers......Julia will show them and referring to Julia as HRH, not heard her say that for a while lol.

Her wrinkle phobic-ness is OTT. In the early days when I started watching I felt myself catching on to that. Soon learnt that although Alison knows her stuff she's a saleswoman.

Although she is a good saleswoman and convinced me I must have a lot of items as I could not live without them!!!! I do find now so irrated by the sound of her voice I cannot watch with the sound up and her constant nagging of the viewers and everyone around her not to have ANY sun. This was in the papers again at the weekend - we need some sunshine to produce vitamin D.

I am a big girl now Alison - if I want some sun I will have some - STOP NAGGING!!!!

Although she is a good saleswoman and convinced me I must have a lot of items as I could not live without them!!!! I do find now so irrated by the sound of her voice I cannot watch with the sound up and her constant nagging of the viewers and everyone around her not to have ANY sun. This was in the papers again at the weekend - we need some sunshine to produce vitamin D.

I am a big girl now Alison - if I want some sun I will have some - STOP NAGGING!!!!

Yes it's her voice and the talking over the guests that annoy me. To be fair sometimes she does say "if your skin is blah de blah" then you don't need this", unlike for example the fashion presenters who claim everything suits everyone.

It makes sense to be careful with sun-exposure but I wouldn't want to be so obsessed that I didn't do things I would like to because they might involve being out in the sun.

I thought she was funny and witty with keely last night, and to be fair wasn't her normal screechy, talking over the top self. ( I like the HRH moment too)
I've seen her go on about removing eye make up without pulling or dragging the eyes -so how do i shift the eyeliner /mascara /eyebrow etc without???? I've tried them all...

May have outgrown Alison and I may not like the way she claims exclusivity on Smashbox, but I actually like her. It is no mean feat to hold a position in the beauty industry for that long and I have watched and purchased and been persuaded many times.

Beauty must be one of QVCs best selling cateogry - if not the best selling category. Alison must have a lot of credit for that.

Having met her at NYNY I was very impressed with her friendliness and she is far prettier and far slimmer than the camera tells us.

She may not want my thanks (for obvious reasons :) ) but i have a lot to thank her for.

i so agree with you she has a wicked sense of humour, which, unfortunately not everyone gets.

I'm a bit of a fan of Alison yes she can be annoying at times (can't we all?) but, you can't deny she knows her stuff and I have picked up loads of advice from her over the years.

I literally actually think Alison is OK in small doses. Like her dry sense of humour.:1:

She is on now and has said "with myself Alison Young" and "literally" in her first sentence.

Well I have said it before and I'll say it again I like her, she knows her stuff and although her voice can grate a bit I like to watch her.........................she is a goddess!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:LOL

Alsion Young... She has all the dress sense of a bag-lady with a box on her head. She looked like she was wearing a concertina tonight combined with a short skirt and black tights. It's summer woman!!:11:

Latest posts

Back