09/08/21 - 15/08/21 Big Deals

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That does help actually. It suggests it’s not overriding rose. I don’t mind a bit of rose so it’s ok if I get that as well.

You cheeky beggar :love: We’re not all weak like you. I’m not getting it actually. Well, not in the next 15 minutes. Who knows what will end up with my name on it after 2pm?! If it’s this, I’ll blame you for goading me! I already have some considerable past expense to blame you for - including two Geranium Nefertum sets (because the first one in the sale last year wasn’t enough).

PS How you feel about rose is how I feel about lily (the heady type, not LOTV).
How do you find the geranium.nf, Andi? I fancy it - love the smell of geranium leaves/ess.oil, but the MB version sounds it maight be 'sweet' which I loathe. Any thoughts? I'm more a fresh& green type.

Re the rose - not tried, but I read 'blackcurrant & patchouli' I think it's heady, which puts me off, except in a bath in Sweden. I bet it'd blend beautifully with tobacco though (nice on Mr B)

Can't afford to buy just to blend, but if I could I'd get th erosa & tobacco duo, ifstill a good price (xcuse typing - hand is 'donalded')

The top and base coat are £15 each but the colours are only £9 each. Therefore value of set is £66.
I wonder why these cols are cheaper - I have noticed this now with som e nails inc. Might it be if the lids ar ewooden? Do you think they are inferior to the 'originals' Sazza? Sort of puts me off, ITMS?

The top and base coat are £15 each but the colours are only £9 each. Therefore value of set is £66.
Hope llloyd can do the sums now, tks.

How do you find the geranium.nf, Andi? I fancy it - love the smell of geranium leaves/ess.oil, but the MB version sounds it maight be 'sweet' which I loathe. Any thoughts? I'm more a fresh& green type.

Re the rose - not tried, but I read 'blackcurrant & patchouli' I think it's heady, which puts me off, except in a bath in Sweden. I bet it'd blend beautifully with tobacco though (nice on Mr B)

Can't afford to buy just to blend, but if I could I'd get th erosa & tobacco duo, ifstill a good price (xcuse typing - hand is 'donalded')

I wonder why these cols are cheaper - I have noticed this now with som e nails inc. Might it be if the lids ar ewooden? Do you think they are inferior to the 'originals' Sazza? Sort of puts me off, ITMS?

Nailkale Superfood Base Coat (14ml) - £15 direct cost £7.71
Time for a Reset Plant Power nail polish (14ml) - £9 direct cost & £4.63
And Breathe Plant Power nail polish (14ml) - £9 direct cost £4.63
Zen out of Zen Plant Power nail polish (14ml) - £9 direct cost £4.63
Glowing Somewhere Plant Power Illuminator (14ml) - £9 direct cost £4.62 (to balance)
Plant Power Top Coat (14ml) - £15 direct cost £7.71

Total £66 cost £33.93 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW & Sazza for RRP prices.

I really like Geranium Nefertum. It’s one of my current favourites. I’m going to have to go and sniff it again to remind myself of the notes but there is a sharp/sweetness. As it’s more masculine than feminine, I think, it’s not a sugary, girly sweetness at all. I am loathe to recommend it, just because as we say all the time on here, everyone picks up different notes, but I think if you like green/fresh, you would rather like GN.

Hope Mr Marple won’t mind me quoting a post last year here: “… if Coastal Cypress & Russian Leather had a baby, I think it might smell like GN.“

I really like Geranium Nefertum. It’s one of my current favourites. I’m going to have to go and sniff it again to remind myself of the notes but there is a sharp/sweetness. As it’s more masculine than feminine, I think, it’s not a sugary, girly sweetness at all. I am loathe to recommend it, just because as we say all the time on here, everyone picks up different notes, but I think if you like green/fresh, you would rather like GN.

Hope Mr Marple won’t mind me quoting a post last year here: “… if Coastal Cypress & Russian Leather had a baby, I think it might smell like GN.“
Have you managed to resist temptation on the Rosa Absolute set Andi?

Have you managed to resist temptation on the Rosa Absolute set Andi?
Yes! Can you believe it?! I can't! I have been so, so tempted as well. I think it's the fact that it's three bottles that's stopping me. I'm not out of the woods yet, of course. Must put the computer off! For sure, if it ever comes up in a MB sale, or as a single bottle in a bargain set on QVC, which it probably won't, I'll be straight in there.

Geranium Nefertaum is a must. I bought the QVC set in cleranance and its lovely. It had the EDT and a couple of the 100ml shower gels. I really miss it. Its a green, woody scent if you like the smell of scented Geranium leaves you will like it.

Geranium Nefertaum is a must. I bought the QVC set in cleranance and its lovely. It had the EDT and a couple of the 100ml shower gels. I really miss it. Its a green, woody scent if you like the smell of scented Geranium leaves you will like it.
i got that one with 2 other shower gels previously for £27.50 so its going to be a good one to try one time

Yes! Can you believe it?! I can't! I have been so, so tempted as well. I think it's the fact that it's three bottles that's stopping me. I'm not out of the woods yet, of course. Must put the computer off! For sure, if it ever comes up in a MB sale, or as a single bottle in a bargain set on QVC, which it probably won't, I'll be straight in there.
I have been trying to resist this all week too! Just seen Molton Brown have it on their website for £14 for one bottle (and the 500ml size st £32, with pump) They have reduced all prices for the Rosa A fragrance - although unless you spend £49 there is the p+p to factor in. I'm going to have a look at QVC website to see if it has sold out then decision will have been made for me 🤔

I have been trying to resist this all week too! Just seen Molton Brown have it on their website for £14 for one bottle (and the 500ml size st £32, with pump) They have reduced all prices for the Rosa A fragrance - although unless you spend £49 there is the p+p to factor in. I'm going to have a look at QVC website to see if it has sold out then decision will have been made for me 🤔
So, Q's offer isn't so good then is it? Only a pound or so cheaper than MB.
I don't know why I'm surprised though, it's not the first time that they've been economical with the truth and I'm certain that it won't be the last time either.

What is the lipbalm and handcream you use?
I’m always on the lookout for something new to try. I’m currently enjoying the M&S Fragrance Society hand creams.
I like the Kiko mascara - and they're cruelty free. Also like M&S for the same reason, but haven't shopped there for ages. Have to say I treated myself to a Victoria Beckham eye shadow kit and the quality and saying power is fab plus meant to be 'clean' beauty. Charlotte tilbury lipsticks are great (cruelty free) but are expensive. They stay on all day so I convince myself they're worth it. Buy one about once a year. 20% off with the occasional ASOS discount.

Don't forget to stock up for Christmas! Katy has just said she'd be multibuying these and suggested getting 6! To be fair I'm not sure whether she meant 2 sets which would contain 6 bottles and then went on about how just 1 bottle would make a great gift - but it wouldn't surprise me if she meant 6 packs - She is from "Planet Q" where the motto is "why pay less" and a simple vest top can be described as "investment dressing" and they'll charge £6 to post you a feather!

Latest posts

Back