£5 saving - stop the world !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Am I alone in thinking that £5 is not much of a saving ? (although when qvc first started it was) Many of the OTO's are only reduced by that amount, and the TSV'S are rarely much more, unless its a camera / tv / or pc then it ranges from £40 - £150 saving.

I know £5 could be a lot to some people, but I dont believe all the hype and wonderment is truly worth it. QVC are very big in publicising about buying in bulk, so isn't it about time they made these offers worth tuning in for. I remember staying up until midnight in anticipation of what the TSV will be - not any more. We know if its beauty then its probably reduced by £8 and will be on screen at £38.68p (whatever) - factor in the p & p and its back up to the original price.

I've also had enough of items below £20 being given the whoopy woooo treatment too. Item is £14.98 - fantastic, unbelievable !!!!! add on p & p of £4.95, - said item is 20 quid !!!!! nah ! not for me it isn't.

Cant rem what it was, but there was an item on an Outlet show the other day, reduced by a whole £2! Like really, why bother.

what I like best is a minimum of a fiver off the original price and NO p & p..that makes it a bit more worth it! You're right Brissles, we don't get TSVs like we used to in the good old days when it was worth sitting up till midnight when it was something you were interested in!

£5 off the TSV isn't enough of an incentive to make me buy an item especially as it often appears immediately after with an introductory price. I I often don't buy the TSV and then research the item until I am satisfied that it is a good price or I want the 30 day guarantee. I bought the Redcarpetmanicure original tsv about 3 weeks after it had aired and didn't feel unhappy paying £5 more than the TSV as I felt I had researched the item exhaustively.

i think you are being generous regarding the £5 savings i saw a green tea l'occitane set a one time only and it was around £1.80 off plus the huge £4,95 postage costs

I hate the way post and packing is ignored by the presenters, I find myself shouting at the telly its not £20 its £25 you include post and packing.

like some of the super bargain prices,oto good reduction then bam £4.95 postage sometimes addng 100% of the cheaper price

I hate the way post and packing is ignored by the presenters, I find myself shouting at the telly its not £20 its £25 you include post and packing.

Yes me too. The ONLY time they draw our attention to it is when it's free, then they make a huge thing about it. Drives me mad.

I agree £5 off looks ok but not earth shattering and then when you add back the P&P what you pay is the same amount. I've been watching this pattern for a while it's got to the point that it's invariably only the TSV's that are discounted at all, and when they aren't a good price either you may as well switch over!

Q have got quite cute at introductory price + P&P, or normal price + free P&P - both work out about the same so sometimes spotting the bargains becomes a game of 'Where's Wally'.

I agree £5 off looks ok but not earth shattering and then when you add back the P&P what you pay is the same amount. I've been watching this pattern for a while it's got to the point that it's invariably only the TSV's that are discounted at all, and when they aren't a good price either you may as well switch over!

Q have got quite cute at introductory price + P&P, or normal price + free P&P - both work out about the same so sometimes spotting the bargains becomes a game of 'Where's Wally'.

or whose the wally

Latest posts

Back