Yankee Candle Summer Large Jars

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bit off topic here, and it may have been mentioned before (sorry I am fairly new here), but...

I'm watching 4seven (channel 47 on Freeview) just now, and it has the boss of Yankee Candles in undercover boss US... 4oD area. But, at the start, most was on the 'retail experience', even blending the candle scents. Maybe the QVC presenters could be more entertaining, rather than Craig and whoever just smelling the candles?

Bit off topic here, and it may have been mentioned before (sorry I am fairly new here), but...

I'm watching 4seven (channel 47 on Freeview) just now, and it has the boss of Yankee Candles in undercover boss US... 4oD area. But, at the start, most was on the 'retail experience', even blending the candle scents. Maybe the QVC presenters could be more entertaining, rather than Craig and whoever just smelling the candles?

Ooo ill be watching that sometime on 4od thanks :up: Welcome btw shopscot :)

Last edited:
The Yankee Undercover Boss is repeated this Saturday at 6pm, I'm going to record it. (on freeview 47)

I haven't bought/burnt any of the new fragrances but I have sniffed the lids in my local shop

Summer Scoop - soft strawberry ice cream smell

Fireside Treats- a soft sort of vanilla cream a bit like Soft Blanket but perhaps sweeter

Honey Blossom - a sweet floral, that smells to me a slightly reminiscent of Angel perfume Thierry Mugler (which I used to love but probably over used!)

I also sniffed Pineapple Cilantro its a tangy pineapple & citrus (cilantro seed) scent with something else I can't identify.

I have too many unburnt candles so didn't buy them but i might buy a sampler/votive size of the honey blossom and fireside treat.

Thanks ill set a reminder fro saturday in case i forget, but its on 4od so may watch it before if i get a chance. Ill have a look in clinton's 2morrow and see if i like them or not as postage is alot and wont be sending them back.

I also sniffed Pineapple Cilantro its a tangy pineapple & citrus (cilantro seed) scent with something else I can't identify.

I have too many unburnt candles so didn't buy them but i might buy a sampler/votive size of the honey blossom and fireside treat.
I think that Cilantro is the US name for Coriander and that this scent has been around a few years, although possibly not in the UK.

Yes Pineapple Cilantro has been around in the US for a while and cilantro is american for coriander, the seeds do smell lemony when crushed, but there's something else in the mix which smells funny.

pinaeapple cilantro smells like a floral pineapple with coconut its grown on me and very popular quite summery

Thanks for the info about this programme, I will watch Saturday's repeat.
I know it's difficult to sell fragrances on tv but the presenters constant spraying or sniffing seems pointless to me. The descriptions from them are all we have to go on I know, but what they like or pretend to like is not much to go on. Wouldn't it be nice if we could order free scratch and sniff cards for all scented items.

Clintons only had summer scoop in stock, Not sure about it tbh if u like vanilla cup cake u will like it as it like a strawberry version of that, dont think id want a large candle of it but will probably try one of the tarts at some stage.

My autodelivery summer candles arrived just now. All seem gorgeous! Honey Blossom definitely more early summer IMHO. A fresh, pretty scent but without that ozonic open-windows edge. Summer Scoop is scrummy, berries and cream and very much a lovely summer's afternoon. Fireside Treat is marshmallowy but not at all heavy and sickly. Late summer will be when I use this one!

Latest posts

Back