Yankee Candle Problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bluebell

Registered Shopper
I hope its ok to post this on the QVC section since I bought the YC from QVC.

I bought this set

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.757362##

and its the first time I have tried the double wick, it burns quite quickly and right to the edge which is great when you cant wait 3+ hours but the top 1cm or so has turned a brown colour on the water garden candle (pale blue one) and it just looks dirty and horrible on the top now :(

Has anyone else had this problem or know why it has happened and what I could do about it, I dont really want to pour the hot melted wax out.

Thanks in advance

If it is spoiling the scent then I would send it back and email YC about it.
That is a shame though as you obviously like them. To be honest I have never seen that in a YC candle before.

If it is spoiling the scent then I would send it back and email YC about it.
That is a shame though as you obviously like them. To be honest I have never seen that in a YC candle before.

I have never had this problem before either Yaz and wondered if it was because it is a double wick.
Think I will try the others in the set and if they do the same then I will contact QVC.
I have had it for more than a month

I hope its ok to post this on the QVC section since I bought the YC from QVC.

I bought this set

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.757362##

and its the first time I have tried the double wick, it burns quite quickly and right to the edge which is great when you cant wait 3+ hours but the top 1cm or so has turned a brown colour on the water garden candle (pale blue one) and it just looks dirty and horrible on the top now :(

Has anyone else had this problem or know why it has happened and what I could do about it, I dont really want to pour the hot melted wax out.

Thanks in advance

Exactly the same thing has happened to my double wich Tahitian Tiare candle. It was fine at first but once about half had burnt it started to go brown and doesn't look very nice anymore. :wonder2:

Never had this happen with a normal YC and I've only had they soy wax double wick ones not the ones you bought and this has never happened to them either. Don't think that the double wick is the problem though, definately contact QVC.

i bet that is why they are so much more cheaper than the other double wick sets. i wonder if you can just burn one wick instead of 2 i like my vfm longevity that is why i buy the large candles. humbug!

i bet that is why they are so much more cheaper than the other double wick sets. i wonder if you can just burn one wick instead of 2 i like my vfm longevity that is why i buy the large candles. humbug!

Burning one wick instead of the two would just cause tunneling so you'd get even less longevity.

Last edited:
I have seen this problem before - three years ago, i bought from a shop a YC, it was one the christmas scented candles - it was a double wick candle, the wicks were neither too long or too short, the first time of lighting went well, but it was a few lightings later, even thought i had removed the bobbles or burning from the actual wicks, i noticed that the candle wax had gone all black and mucky, and funnily enough it was until i was removing the christmas decorations, after the event, i had to move a picture, and noticed that where the picture had been it was white, and what was left was a beautiful square of black - i washed all my walls down, trimmed the wicks, and lit the candle again - and found that it was in fact the YC candle doing this - but i have never had this problem with a single wick candle - so perhaps it may be prudent to experiment with a two wick, see what happens when you burn just the one, but it may mess up the levels of the candle itself - any way, i threw it out in the end - the scent/aroma was very sickly and choked you - i did love the roses candle - the pot pourri was a bit strong - both shops where i bought my candles from have now closed down, now i have to go to southampton for a yc shop! oh woe is me!! lol xxx

Latest posts

Back