Would you pay money for hangers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
I'm sorry, but I get perfectly good FREE hangers when I shop. And the woman presenting them has loads of wooden hangers to compare the TSV against. I haven't seen a wooden hanger in years!

YES, YES, YES.... these Grip To Me hangers are fab - yes, you can get similar designs cheaper in TK Maxx etc but they are not as good (I did my own bit of research....... sad, I know).

They really do save space and they look tidier as well AND they do stop stuff falling off..... plus, the cascading nobble is great.

LOVE 'EM! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

I wouldn't spend £31 + £5.95 P&P on 50 hangers. Like you said you can get them free in many shops.

I realize they are the ones that stop your clothes falling off but surely you could rough them up so they grip clothes better. There might even be other ideas that do the same thing.

Also how many hangers do QVC think we need, they always seem to be flogging them and to have them as a TSV -Yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES, YES, YES.... these Grip To Me hangers are fab - yes, you can get similar designs cheaper in TK Maxx etc but they are not as good (I did my own bit of research....... sad, I know).

They really do save space and they look tidier as well AND they do stop stuff falling off..... plus, the cascading nobble is great.

LOVE 'EM! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Folks, we have a celeb on our forum, Meg Ryan. Sorry but I won't have what you are having, prefer my plastic black hangers. :tongue:

I hate the cheap nasty black hangers they try to give me in clothes shops. All my hangers are wooden and I use the grip to me ones for my man's stuff as he hasn't got as much room. They are very good and I have been known to steal one of his for a silk top. They are a bit expensive though.

I'm sorry, but I get perfectly good FREE hangers when I shop. And the woman presenting them has loads of wooden hangers to compare the TSV against. I haven't seen a wooden hanger in years!

That is what I used to say:doh:.... until my MIL bought me some, fed up with my whinging :talking:eek:ver how little wardobe space I had,- I blamed her son and his perchance for clothes:wonder:. To my amazement they are great.:blush: I have even bought some myself now. :blush:

I would and I have!
The grip to me hangers are probably one of the best things I have bought, they take up so much less space, your clothes dont come out of the wardrobe looking like you have already worn them, stuff doesnt fall off onto the wardrobe floor all in all they are great.
In this case what QVC say is correct and yes they might seem expensive when you get free hangers from shops but they have so many advantages over the black plastic free ones that they are worth it in my opinion

Yes, I've replaced all my hangers with the 'Grip To Me' lookalikies from TKMaxx. Don't know if they're inferior to the QVC ones, but they're good enough for me and a lot cheaper.

I have to confess that I have replaced most of my hangers with lookey-likey ones from Poundstretcher. I just juse my black plastic ones for hanging damp clothes on in the airing cupboard.

I have also been converted to the Grip To Me hangers:happy: as initially I thought much the same as the OP. I don't know if all of mine are the proper ones, as I bought some at Costco, Q and some at Howards Storage sale:blush:. They make a huge difference as nothing falls off them and the create so much space in your wardrobes. The only thing I find is the skirts/hooks hangers aren't as good as my wooden hangers. :wonder:

I also was very sceptical, indeed had harsh words with my sister over these considering them a waste of money..... but my sister got me a set and there was no turning back. They give you soooo much more space in the wardrobe and the ability of hanging one on to another is fab, never mind the fact that there is no more picking things up from the floor of the wardrobe. Had to however put up with her "I told you so!" which is sooooo infuriating:sweat::blush:

Another convert here too. I bought one set a couple of years ago and once you have tried them there is no going back. I have since bought others is various places like TK Maxx and there is not much difference in my opinion. So much so that I now have pink ones for me, blue for my hubby and grey ones for the kids!!!!

As others have said it is money well spent and I would never go back to using the crap hangers which you get free with clothes. After all you would think nothing of spending £50-£100 on a dress so what is 50p for a hanger to hang it on properly.

Wardrobe collapse warning!

As a compulsive clothes hoarder I've never had a problem with clothes dropping off hangers as there's simply no room for them to fall off they're packed so tightly in the wardrobe! The original Joy (man-hands) Mangano ones which I bought years ago from Home Shopping Europe are still the best ones imho. You can still get em from Thane and Amazon. Touch-wood I've had no breakages in nearly 10 years, whereas the ones I've had from QVC and TKMax for my DD's clothes are not quite as robust.

Whatever the brand they definitely increase the amount of clothes you can cram into a wardrobe; now I'm worried the hanging rail won't cope with the weight! Hasn't happened yet thank goodness. :blush:

I've also had a set of small childrens sized hangers from ideal world when they had a free p&p event and they're perfect for hanging DD's skinny jeans and narrow item like scarves, leggings.

I love em. The joy mangano ones are good for hanging clothes to dry as they're colour-fast (can't vouch for other makes).

Jude xx

We have bought all our hangers, and they're all wooden. A) I like that they're nice and sturdy and B) I like that it makes the wardrobe look nice.

I hate the cheap nasty black hangers they try to give me in clothes shops. All my hangers are wooden and I use the grip to me ones for my man's stuff as he hasn't got as much room. They are very good and I have been known to steal one of his for a silk top. They are a bit expensive though.

Maybe I don't have enough clothes then?! :mysmilie_512:

Was sorting out some room and hangers this morning and thought 'do i need some of those grip me hangers?' - even tho I had no idea they were the TSV! I've amazed myself, wish I could predict the lottery numbers, it would be more useful. I love the purple ones but my DH would be so disappointed in me if I spent that much on hangers. Will look out at TK and Poundstretcher et all tho, thanks for tip offs folks.

I have to confess that I have replaced most of my hangers with lookey-likey ones from Poundstretcher. I just juse my black plastic ones for hanging damp clothes on in the airing cupboard.

Yeah me too, mine were £5 for ten. Thouble is I have a job getting rid of all the assorted hangers that I have collected over the years. I put a few in the dust bin every week.

Latest posts

Back