Would you believe it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

racy1975

Registered Shopper
Jumper costing £26 + £3.95 P&P is sent to me via courier with tracking details BUT necklace costing £93 + £3.95 P&P is sent via royal mail standard delivery with NO tracking info. Would it not make sense for them to send out the high priced item via courier with tracking info? so at least I know where the parcel is?
Bizarre, they make no sense to me at all with regards to their posting policy!

I've never had anything sent to me where I can use that track and trace thing. I thought they didn't use it. I haven't ordered that much lately though and nothing expensive. Other than the £120 worth of Elemis PCMC and that wasn't on the tracking service either.

So is it only goods by courier that have the track and trace? That kind of makes sense. But it's certainly looking like I'll never get to use it.

I've had a few things sent by courier and they always have tracking info. Stuff sent out by royal mail 2nd class doesn't. You'd think tho that if you bought a necklace costing nearly £100 it would be sent securely with a courier. I've had numerous item via royal mail go missing. This necklace better not be one of them!

Most of what I order comes via Hermes and the track and trace is very good. But its really odd what comes via courier as opposed to Royal Mail. For example over last 12 months:
-mally set - Hermes
- Kim and Co dress - Hermes
- kim and co top - RM
- Smashbox or Bobbi Brown make up- RM
- invicta watch- RM
Go figure!

Isn't it based on the size/weight of the item, so small items royal mail and bigger ones courier.

Royal Mail request all jewellery be posted Special Delivery or otherwise they don't cover the cost of any loss if sent by other means.

Latest posts

Back