Which QVC skincare ranges would tou recommend?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jackanory

Registered Shopper
I have an out of control addiction to buying skincare and make up from QVC, I must have had pretty much everything and wasted a whole lot of money on over-priced stuff, more than I ever get round to using and I end up throwing lots of it away. I do think that the Elemis TSVs are good value for money, Gatineau has made no difference to my skin, Decleor is good, Alpha H was too harsh and Prai was cheap rubbish. I do like the Bare Minerals, Mally and Laura Geller TSVs but I am left with loads of lipglosses,eyeliners and blushers which I give away or just bin.

What does everyone else think is worth buying and what's best resisting (if you are able:wink:)

Last edited:
I've brought nearly every skincare range Q do and it's not made any difference to my skin,in fact I have given up now and just buy a good moisturiser.
Lynn

It's a common affliction amongst members here, my day of enlightenment eventually came and the only answer is to stop buying and use up what you have, even if that means using face cream as hand cream. I wouldn't be dictated to by use by dates, mostly if the product looks and smells how it should it's still okay to use. Good luck!

Jude xx

Thanks for the responses everyone, it's good to know I'm not alone! Great advice Jude about using the face creams as hand cream, I'll do that with all those pots of Prai gunk. I am fighting the urge to buy the Liz Earle super bargain kit which was just on as we speak:angel: I read in the paper that a face cream from Aldi beats lots of more expensive creams in tests so I may give that a go until the next Elemis TSV, I get really good results with pro collagen marine cream. Thanks again x

Jackanory, I like the Aldi moisturiser. I agree, as long as it suits your skin and is moisturising you sufficiently then cost/name is irrelevant. Good luck in your quest!

Lemonthelake is right, a good moisturiser beats nearly everything else. If you get really sunburnt and out on some good after sun you can really feel how tell just how much the skin can soak up :)

Ha ha at Lemonthelake. I like it.:giggle:

Will you be buying the next Elemis TSV Eleanor?

I think it's the cleanser that is by far the most important, and this will depend on your skin type and one size does not fit all. If you can get the cleanser right I reckon you can use any old moisturiser as anti ageing claims are just lies. The moisturiser again depends on how dry, sensitive or oily your skin is.

PersonallyI think sunscreen should only be needed according to the weather and how long you are outside. I just can't see why an office worker who spends 8 hours a day inside and whose only exercise is 20 mins walk to and from the bus stop- would need to wear a sunscreen at all.

I also like a serum these days in place of toner. And face oils just to pamper- you don't need it really. I have only just started using eye cream too. But is it really better than just normal moisturiser?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I have tried everything over the years, but am impressed with Aldi skin care too - their facial oil, anti-ageing facial sun cream and in particular, the Q10 night cream are all as good as anything for my skin.

I seem to use a wee bit of everything. After spending hundreds I've narrowed it down and stuck with the following which I'm pretty happy with at the moment

Gatineau Cleanser & Toner
Decleor Hydra Floral as my day cream
Decleor Neroli Balm as my night cream
Gatineau Serum
L'Occitane Hand Cream

Laura Geller Balance & Brighten Foundation
Laura Geller Baked Blush
Mally Volumising Mascara
Mally High Shine Lip Gloss

and a bit of Maybelline thrown in for good measure ........ cos you can't beat a bit of the good old very reasonably priced Maybelline :wink: :giggle:

I think this hysteria over sun screen is misplaced and a marketing ploy. Just heard on TV that someone had a blood test and had a serious Vitamin D deficiency, due to lack of sun. Of course, if you are in a hot country, or been lucky enough to sit in the sun for any length of time you should use a sun cream, but think the need is very rare in this country.

After years of using Alpha H or Gatineau, I am now on Emma Hardie and really and truly find is simply fabulous. my skin has smoothed out and enlarged pores gone, quite miraculous and I am not one to rave about product. I have also switched to Bare Minerals, both the loose and the compact, and like that a lot.

I think this hysteria over sun screen is misplaced and a marketing ploy. Just heard on TV that someone had a blood test and had a serious Vitamin D deficiency, due to lack of sun. Of course, if you are in a hot country, or been lucky enough to sit in the sun for any length of time you should use a sun cream, but think the need is very rare in this country.

It's a balancing act Ruthmay. On the in-house tv in the doc's today it stated that melanoma can be diagnosed on people who have never holidayed abroad.

I've brought nearly every skincare range Q do and it's not made any difference to my skin,in fact I have given up now and just buy a good moisturiser.
Lynn

Completely agree Lynn , I've not found anything that delivers the miracles promised - I just use a good moisturiser instead

A friend had to have a mole removed having turned cancerous but being quite fair skinned had been careful about sunscreen in adulthood. Consultant reckoned the damage had actually been done in childhood when in those days we were allowed to play outdoors all day with no thought for sun protection.

It's hard to see through the hard sell at times and is so easy to believe what there saying to then feel like you have bed let down when it does nothing we have all fallen for it many a time not once but ten times lol :p . And toners 99% of the time are a add on to make more money ratherthan do anything if a cleanser is good enough no toner should be needed and that comes from product training I've done with certain brands on Qvc and from brands that have no toners at all . The key is a good cleanser serum and moisturiser and a spf when needed and bing bang boom done .

Wow! Thanks for all your replies and advice everyone and thanks for the welcome:happy: I guess we are all doing what suits us. For me I 've been shopping with QVC for 10 years and must have spent thousands on skincare, it's my secret addiction, nobody knows about it except my husband who goes nuts about the amount of money I spend on it. For me, it's finally dawned on me that I am being taken in by the hard sell and buy a whole load of stuff I don't need. I don't think I look younger than if I hadn't used QVC skincare for the last 10 years - I still look 45! Yes I've got the ultrasun too factor 50 face cream which I put on if it's sunny even though I work in an office ... crazy! I need to get a grip of this. I've got boxes and boxes under the bed - tons of L'occitane shower gels I can't get through, even with giving them away as presents as much as possible, I buy those L'occitane TSVs mainly for the handcream. Anyway, I've made a decision. Today I go to Aldi to get their stuff. I'm going to use up my current stock of Prai as handcream because it's pointless putting it on my face - it just slides about then peels off. I'm going to get the next Elemis TSV provided it does have pro collagen marine cream in it, because I really do love it, and the body products are lovely too, and fantastic for presents. And I'm going to stick with Australian tea tree and propolis gel for my teenage boys, it really has made an enormous difference to my son's acne, a better result than from anti-biotics. Ooops, sorry, I seem to have given you all my life story. I am really pleased to have come across this forum, it's nice to know I'm not the only QVC addict in the world x x

Latest posts

Back