Where have all the Kings Realm products gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Found two but strangely enough there's ANOTHER new range called British Village just shown up now! Surely not formally Exmoor Style, Buccleur and Kings Realm? Does make you wonder!!

Hi this is my first posting in respect of my first ever TV shopping order so please bear with me!

I placed an order for the King's Realm Festive Meats selection way back on 5 October when it was a TSV and chose the 3 easy payments option. I was advised the first payment would come out of my bank no earlier than 13 December when the goods would be despatched. Unfortunately I got an email on 8 December saying the order couldn't be fullfilled as they tried to debit my card early and there were insufficient funds (I use this account purely for internet shopping so transfer money to it as and when). I called QVC and they said they tried to collect the money early because 'it is christmas' even though the goods will not be despatched until the following week so I paid whilst on the phone, my balance was reduced on my bank account and thought all was ok.

I checked my bank today and the money was no longer showing as being debitted so called again and was told 'we can only debit your account on the day the goods are due to be despatched' which I found confusing given they had tried already the week before. They confirmed no goods are being despatched for anyone who ordered this product until this week!

I can't say I am that confident now that the goods will arrive before christmas but hope they do. I have purposely avoided TV shopping but mostly because of the awful Bid Up channels whose descriptions of products are way off the mark in my opinion but was hoping QVC might be better.

On another point does anyone find this site incredibly slow to use, it took me an age to register and post.

Many thanks.

Hopefully they will be replaced by a company which supplies genuine organic and free range meat, unlike Kings Realm, which only implies those things.

Found two but strangely enough there's ANOTHER new range called British Village just shown up now! Surely not formally Exmoor Style, Buccleur and Kings Realm? Does make you wonder!!

This is a completely different range. It seemed mainly to be ready meal type things. The Irish chap who guest for Duc D'O chocolates was the guest. There was a thread about it when it first aired a few weeks ago.

Hopefully they will be replaced by a company which supplies genuine organic and free range meat, unlike Kings Realm, which only implies those things.

To be fair I watched the whole hour long presentation before deciding to order and I do not recall any suggestion that the products were organic or even free range, sure they suggested they are decent quality, for example the meat is hung for a certain amount of time but defintely no other suggestions. The price alone was the clearest indicator it is at best of good supermarket quality.

To be honest I only bought it for the convenience, I have never bought anything off the telly before as I find the presentation style can be a bit off putting with some channels far worse than others. QVC's presenters are ok but the auction channels are a no no for me and just seem to sell tatt. Ideal World's presenters don't seem too bad either, with the odd exception. It's the shouting I cannot stand.

Anyway if the products are not as good as they say I will be sending what's left of them back, perishable or not. I will not be conned!

Welcome Wirral70

Hi Wirral70 I hope you get it sorted...it certainly sounds as though QVC and King Realm are less than organised. I can completely understand you wondering whether any TSV will actually materialise. Advanced orders and auto-delivery orders always seem beyond the capabilities of QVC's accounting, even if your card has expired and you update your details online QVC can't charge the new card details for subsequent payments other than over the phone!!

I hope it doesn't spoil anyone's Christmas dinner plans if QVC can't honour these orders...it's be another PR own-goal if they let people down.

Warmest welcome Wirral70...stick around the info and humour on this forum will help you deal with shopping telly frustrations :wave:

Jude xx

Hi Wirral70 I hope you get it sorted...it certainly sounds as though QVC and King Realm are less than organised. I can completely understand you wondering whether any TSV will actually materialise. Advanced orders and auto-delivery orders always seem beyond the capabilities of QVC's accounting, even if your card has expired and you update your details online QVC can't charge the new card details for subsequent payments other than over the phone!!

I hope it doesn't spoil anyone's Christmas dinner plans if QVC can't honour these orders...it's be another PR own-goal if they let people down.

Warmest welcome Wirral70...stick around the info and humour on this forum will help you deal with shopping telly frustrations :wave:

Jude xx

Thanks for the kind words, I will let you all know how I get on. Cheers.

No doubt they will invent a new incredible range of free range meat where we get the birth certificate and life history of the animal it comes from, and no doubt the man who obviously eats all the leftovers will be on, telling us how many "pounds in weight" we'll get.

QVC have responded. They say there is no problem with the Kings Realm range and this is a range they will continue to sell. However, there is no new stock available before Christmas and so the products have been removed from the website until such time stock is available.

Any orders already accepted, like the TSV orders, will be honoured and should be delivered later this week.

Just to let everyone know that the Kings Realm Festive Box just arrived, all packed nicely in a chilled box with some cooking instructions too so I am quite impressed.

Strangely even though they originally debitted my card early (and subsequently reversed it) they now don't appear to have taken any money, even though the goods have arrived!

Now we will have to see if it tastes good, thanks for everyone's help.

Just to let everyone know that the Kings Realm Festive Box just arrived, all packed nicely in a chilled box with some cooking instructions too so I am quite impressed.

Strangely even though they originally debitted my card early (and subsequently reversed it) they now don't appear to have taken any money, even though the goods have arrived!

Now we will have to see if it tastes good, thanks for everyone's help.

Phew, glad it's arrived for you. Does it come previously frozen, fresh, in dry ice whatever? Can it be frozen/refrozen?

TSV arrived here today today. I have to say it looks very good, well packed, and still completely frozen.

Looking forward to trying this over the festive period.

Yes mine was still totally frozen, it had a little dry ice bag at the bottom but understandably that had all gone by the time it arrived. It was sent by DHL 24 hour and considering the size and weight of the polystyrene pack the P&P cost wasn't too bad really, better than some channels that I will not mention!

Last edited:
We had the beef from the TSV tonight as we had guests round. I didn't tell anyone where the meat came from and all present commented how nice it was, with two people saying it was the best roast beef they have ever had.

It really was beautiful, so we are very pleased with this order so far!

Latest posts

Back