What's the most ludicrous comment you've heard...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
.... on QVC?! Thought we could have a giggle. :giggle:

I think the one that springs to mind with me is when Jill F said when doing a Kipling hour with Marie F, that the bags were called Kipling after the inventor! Rudyard Kipling!! You know, one of our most popular writer/poets, he was knocking out nylon handbags in his spare time!! Apart from the fact that nylon wasn't even invented when he was alive!! Wow did I chuckle at that!

What have you heard?!

AY - 'If you've got afro-caribbean skin on your feet'
JF - Bazuki brush !

Not the most ridiculous, but they stuck with me :smirk:

Last edited:
courtesy of AY.Lip area, eye area, cheek area etc. Why not just call it skin.

"If you have round eyes" has to be mine. What shape are your eyes supposed to be????

This pearl of wisdom was imparted in last weeks Smashbox shows. Classic!

That a £75.00 set of Northern Nights bedding would make a great 'teacher's present' if some of you could club together!

Oh yes, and if you are stupid enough to use a high street brand of nail strengthener your nails will become so hard and brittle that if you bang them down onto a table too hard they will 'shatter' :mysmilie_505:

That a £75.00 set of Northern Nights bedding would make a great 'teacher's present' if some of you could club together!

Oh surely not! but then again I can imgine in QVC land this would be a realistic suggestion.
How about some Kelly Hoppen home accessories as well?

The most outrageous comment I have ever heard?

"QVC stands for Quality, Value and Convenience."

Makes me laugh every time!!! :cheeky:

Just watching a jewellery show & heard Catherine refer to QVC as a "designer boutique".
Her guest (Mischa) also said that she did not like to go out with "a naked hole" ( ok she was referring to earrings:tongue:)

Last edited:
that there is a 30 no quibble money back guarentee..........................tell that to "The Letter" recievers:down:

I'm wearing size small..............................guess who

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

JF flogging some awful Christmas bauble-y thing last Nov and being genuinely surprised that it had taken nearly a year to come back in stock. Surely she didn't expect it to be on sale in June ?

Jules telling us that the pink neon flamingo garden ornaments were "flying off the shelves"

Craig selling some ear phones and telling us he has a pair for the gym and how good they are. 2 minutes later, having forgotten this little fib, he tells us that this brand is so much better than the ones he takes to the gym and he's going to buy a pair.

Simon B having his shirts made from NN sheets.

(on reflection these are not outrageous, but I've left them because they are funny)

Alison Young saying that Liz Earle Skin Repair made a great 'dog walking moisturiser'...

AY - 'If you've got afro-caribbean skin on your feet'
JF - Bazuki brush !

Not the most ridiculous, but they stuck with me :smirk:

Oh my word, that soooooooooooooo tickled my funny bone, thank you I needed that!

:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_867:

Latest posts

Back