What's going on at QVC towers ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amber&ruby

Registered Shopper
I have just switched on the TV for the first time today and seen a presentation of the TSV well I don't know about you but I don't have £390 to spend on a ring with no easy pay.
Now its Lulu Guinness Bag's all costing well over £100 most over £200.
I have just received my water bill and will struggle to pay it QVC are taking the P**s. In my humble opinion.
If you have managed to buy said ring or one of Lulu's bags good on you and I hope that you enjoy it.

You are quite right, they seem to be on a different planet to the rest of us and you will see from my ProStrong post that they seem totally unable to air the products we do want. :confused2:

there has been some madly dear stuff on in recent times. I suppose they think you have to just choose very occasionly (sp) or something like that.

some people must be buying other wise they would not air these products.

the other day, charlie, was presenting a bangle encrusted with gems, and that was a expensive too, out of my financial league; some of the costume jewellery that they present, is even more expensive than the real deal. It makes you wonder what goes through the minds of the directors and managers of these companies, they must live on another planet, or do they live in a a willy wonka type of world? The thing is, its not just QVC either - all the shopping channels seem to be on a price hike trend, and some have put up the P & P too. :sad:

Last edited:
I have just switched on the TV for the first time today and seen a presentation of the TSV well I don't know about you but I don't have £390 to spend on a ring with no easy pay.
Now its Lulu Guinness Bag's all costing well over £100 most over £200.
I have just received my water bill and will struggle to pay it QVC are taking the P**s. In my humble opinion.
If you have managed to buy said ring or one of Lulu's bags good on you and I hope that you enjoy it.
Well Catherine Huntley has been going on about her collection of Lulu Guinness bags and how she can carry her lap top in them... how many laptops has she got for goodness sake because evertime a handbag 'designer' comes on, she tells them that she carries her laptop in them. Oh she's got the TSV ring on too. She looked like she was begging for a freebie in the 12noon show!

I was shocked when I took a moment to see the TSV this am. Really expensive and no easy pay. Unfortunately I also caught CH taking every opportunity to bring the lovely "Steve" and the wonder of all things Welsh to our attention despite the Clogau guy doing his best to stick to selling the jewellery. Not anti Welsh people just find Catherine's love life irrelevant particularly at those prices.

some people must be buying other wise they would not air these products.

I agree, there's room for things in different price ranges and it doesn't bother me if they show expensive things, though I do like them to acknowledge that they are "a considered purchase".

BTW Lulu Guinness is now doing bed linen, it was featured in a Sunday magazine, one of the ranges has a starting price of £40 for a pillowcase! I think I will be giving it a miss LOL.

I really do feel that the whole designer thing is a bit of a con. We are made to feel that we are special because we can buy designer, but there is little info on how ethical the design actually is. Where are they made? By whom? Do they have fair working conditions and fair pay for the work they produce? Who actually gets the fair pay? They or the designer? And is the quality actually better then a item made by a non designer, which is cheaper?
I get some lovely jewellery of ebay made by a person called Donna, I know che chooses her stones ethically, and I know she buys the silver from a specific source to ensure it is as fair trade as possible. Saying all that it is a lot cheaper then Lulu Guinness or other designers. I am not trying to hold myself up as special, it just bugs me that I should pay £40 for a pillow case, or £50 for a designer bracelet, which does not even have real silver or semi precious gems in them, but is made of silver look or crystals. And what that guy who bends the spoons charges for his jewellery is down ride insane.
Quick reply: this was downright a tirade, sorry people.:wink2:

its my birthday tomorrow and have been given a nice cheque to spend so thought i would look on qvc, god that ring is expensive pretty but could not spend that much on a piece for myself even as a present and the handbag prices are just crazy but interesting as i was starting to get sucked into the whole sales pitch so I
turned the sound off lol and then went on line instead.
I have now ordered a samsung 19'' lcd tv with built in freeview off amazon for £180 on qvc same think is about £240 so made a big saving and its something we can all enjoy and much better prices if you shop around. Also premium delivery means guaranteed by 12 tomorrow which is my big day how can i be 44? boo hoo:emo: but if you can wait a few days and i have in the past for my items amazon do free delivery ! qvc please note as you p and p is high and slow!

just to add is CH the only presenter available whenever i switch on she is always on where is everyone else out spending their commission??
QVC also seem to be targeting much lower price items and recently i have seen products being demo'd that i recall from 15 years ago eg rice steamer i always remember cos a lady rang in and asked how she stopped the rice falling through the insert (used for veg steaming) it was funny

Hahah, amber you read my mind. :grin:

Was just discussing the insane price of the tsv with my mum and honestly I could not believe the stuff QVC flogs at those ridiculous prices ! Hurriedly I
flicked channels !!

Glad I'm not the only who thinks that the folk at QVC are off their trolley.

I was beginnning to think I was the only one who thought that CH is doing a treble shift; still it makes a change from Jill Frankenstein who seems to get where castor oil cant !!!! (She wants to be careful, she is definitely looking facially very masculine of late).

I actually bought a Lulu Guiness bag for £40 in TK MAXX - so just imagine the profit that qvc are making on one item.

In particular ; take a craft TSV selling at £28, then multiply that by the numbers given by the presenters, eg 8,000 of you have bought todays tsv, - without p & p that item has generated £224,000 for qvc for JUST ONE ITEM !!!! so imagine the turnover a day for all the items sold. Makes you think

I was beginnning to think I was the only one who thought that CH is doing a treble shift; still it makes a change from Jill Frankenstein who seems to get where castor oil cant !!!! (She wants to be careful, she is definitely looking facially very masculine of late).

I actually bought a Lulu Guiness bag for £40 in TK MAXX - so just imagine the profit that qvc are making on one item.

In particular ; take a craft TSV selling at £28, then multiply that by the numbers given by the presenters, eg 8,000 of you have bought todays tsv, - without p & p that item has generated £224,000 for qvc for JUST ONE ITEM !!!! so imagine the turnover a day for all the items sold. Makes you think

I think Kathy has been ill so that might explain why Catherine was on for so long today.

£224k per day isn't a lot compared to a LE TSV or the dearly departed Molton Brown.

its my birthday tomorrow and have been given a nice cheque to spend so thought i would look on qvc, god that ring is expensive pretty but could not spend that much on a piece for myself even as a present and the handbag prices are just crazy but interesting as i was starting to get sucked into the whole sales pitch so I
turned the sound off lol and then went on line instead.
I have now ordered a samsung 19'' lcd tv with built in freeview off amazon for £180 on qvc same think is about £240 so made a big saving and its something we can all enjoy and much better prices if you shop around. Also premium delivery means guaranteed by 12 tomorrow which is my big day how can i be 44? boo hoo:emo: but if you can wait a few days and i have in the past for my items amazon do free delivery ! qvc please note as you p and p is high and slow!

just to add is CH the only presenter available whenever i switch on she is always on where is everyone else out spending their commission??
QVC also seem to be targeting much lower price items and recently i have seen products being demo'd that i recall from 15 years ago eg rice steamer i always remember cos a lady rang in and asked how she stopped the rice falling through the insert (used for veg steaming) it was funny

Happy Birthday for tomorrow, and I am not sure how it happens, actually I swear someone shaves of 5 years every now and then, so your true age is inflated! :wave2:

Last edited:
Only 9% of the gold used is clogau gold! And it is only 9ct! Do they think that we will pay the exorbitant prices simply because the wedding rings of the royal family are made using clogau gold? We are not so naive.

qvc and their pricing

talking about QVC and their high prices in the current climate, i noticed that they are introducing a new jewellery/diamonique designer, Judith Ripka.
after checking out her designs on QVC USA, i find that they are very high! people cant afford these ridiculous prices in this day and age and if QVC want to keep their customers they should be making things more appealing rather than more expensive.

My father always says that people working in television are not in the real world. I was showing my husband the handbags he thought they were awful (I know hes a man) but the prices are ridiculous £120 for a purse you use to pick the kids up from school (catherines or Lulu words cant quite remember) now come on. I have a lovely handbag my mum commented on and asked where I got it from I said free from grattan. I know people can spend what they want but £200 for a bag I always think there are kids in the world with no food. There said it now rant over

the customers that qvc have are varied like most of us on this site but there are a hard core of customers who have lots lots money to spend and choose to spend it on qvc...
qvc have a way of selling to customers that fit this category.it has a friendly selling style to befriend its core customers.
the customer events are a case in point. how much do you have to spend to get invites to these events.i bet its a grotesque sum of money.
qvc looks out for its core customers and these customers look after qvc...simple!

I was shocked when I took a moment to see the TSV this am. Really expensive and no easy pay. Unfortunately I also caught CH taking every opportunity to bring the lovely "Steve" and the wonder of all things Welsh to our attention despite the Clogau guy doing his best to stick to selling the jewellery. Not anti Welsh people just find Catherine's love life irrelevant particularly at those prices.
On the Lulu Guinness shows yesterday, they showed a photo of Catherine Huntley [freebie pusher] and Lulu G. at the V&A celebration party for Lulu G's 20th anniversary. The two guys with them in the photo- was the little guy the lovely Steve? Just wondered as he only came up to her armpits!!

The prices of clogau gold, and lulu guiness handbags! And here was me having a guilty conscience for spending £30.00 on a leather handbag, from a good retail outlet in Southampton - seeing Lulu guiness prices, makes me feel a little relieved about the pain of spending £30.00 lol. Ooh, and i saw in TK Max, a selection of those bags QVC sell, with the gorilla key fobs, a heck of a lot cheaper than it would have cost at QVC. And you also can get Yankee Candles from them too, at a fraction of the price.

Latest posts

Back