Well done qvc and prai!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Never thought I would be saying that. The Prai lady, has gone up so much in my estimation, even going to buy some of her products.

She is promoting NOWZAD dogs, the charity that brings soldiers' dogs home from Afghanistan, both here and in the States. Pen, the founder of the charity appeared on the programme with his dog, and there were clips of the Afghan dogs and a reunion at the airport with the men and their dogs. Franks, for once, was absolutely super, in tears as well. very moving.

Well done everybody, huge congratulations.

Yes well done Prai! I am going to buy something in the BE hour,they are supporting Cancer called "Look Good Feel Better" I don't watch the Prai lady so I didn't feel tempted, although I do love dogs of all shapes and sizes....

Yes well done Prai! I am going to buy something in the BE hour,they are supporting Cancer called "Look Good Feel Better" I don't watch the Prai lady so I didn't feel tempted, although I do love dogs of all shapes and sizes....[/QUOTE

I normally don't watch her either Kathy, but she is so involved with dogs, I took a great liking to her. Even Jill Franks behaved with love and compassion. Good for her. she was great.

Wish that I had seen that as like so many here have mentioned I like dogs and it would have been nice to see. Will check out the 9.00 show. Thanks for the heads up. It won't be JF though. Would like to have seen her with a dog since she used to talk about her bulldogs a bit.

whatever you were going to spend on her pointless skincare, please give to the charity and then go buy yourself some nivea.

seriously..... it will do you and the charity more good.

I think the whole thing is abit of a con

Yes it's better than nothing, but considering how much they mark things up ( as we see when price tumbles on one time only or clearances) a pound or two is nothing!

Also more money would have been raised if 'QVC cares' had donated the p&p!!! Qvc could even match the charities pound for pound

Seems like just a PR tool by QVC

i dont want to put a downer on ANYthing for charity but please dont let the "£2 to charity for every purchase" make you buy something unless you would have otherwise. The charity would much prefer your £1 or £2 donation direct, with GiftAid, and you dont have to clutter up your shelves with stuff you only bought becuase the heartstrings were tugged.
this QVC event is brilliant for highlighting the work of charities we may not have heard of but please dont fall into the trap of buying for the sake of it,.

Wish that I had seen that as like so many here have mentioned I like dogs and it would have been nice to see. Will check out the 9.00 show. Thanks for the heads up. It won't be JF though. Would like to have seen her with a dog since she used to talk about her bulldogs a bit.

Honestly, you wouldn't believe it, she was fabulous. got up from her seat and knelt and cuddled the dog. genuine, I am sure.She said if anything happened to her bulldogs she would be devastated, or something to that effect. seems a genuine dog lover in her own dippy way.

I think the whole thing is abit of a con

Yes it's better than nothing, but considering how much they mark things up ( as we see when price tumbles on one time only or clearances) a pound or two is nothing!

Also more money would have been raised if 'QVC cares' had donated the p&p!!! Qvc could even match the charities pound for pound

That may well be so and I do agree, but - it has brought a small charity to the fore and hopefully will get more people interested. I have known about them for some time but done nothing about it, and I have been lent the book by Pen Farthing, which at first I thought was a man-thing, it concerns the conditions in Afghanistan, but I am now going to support them in any way I can.

And no Burlz, I won't be buying any Prai, would like to, but just don't fancy i

I didn't buy any Prai as I still have enough other stuff to use up before I am allowing myself to buy more. I haven't ever tried Prai but I do like a company that helps charities in general and one that helps companion animals in particular. That kind of charity is often overlooked. I did go to the Nowzad website via the link on the QVC charity page and made a donation. The process even shows how much GiftAid adds to the donation. It wasn't much but at least equal to my average QVC spend.

Latest posts

Back