washing disaster

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Silly me ! I normally keep coloureds and whites separate when washing. So in went all my whites (undies, a white jacket etc) off we went. Eeeeeeeeek! end of cycle out they came, all a paler shade of blue. The culprit ? lurking in the machine was a pair of NINA LEONARD navy poly trousers. l was more than a bit miffed, because I would have 'assumed' this not so cheap range would at least be colourfast - clearly not. That'll teach me. I've had the trousers years and wear them around the house for decorating and suchlike. I would have expected this to happen from a cheap range off the market, not something that cost a few quid off the tele. End of the day it was my fault, so hey ho.

Silly me ! I normally keep coloureds and whites separate when washing. So in went all my whites (undies, a white jacket etc) off we went. Eeeeeeeeek! end of cycle out they came, all a paler shade of blue. The culprit ? lurking in the machine was a pair of NINA LEONARD navy poly trousers. l was more than a bit miffed, because I would have 'assumed' this not so cheap range would at least be colourfast - clearly not. That'll teach me. I've had the trousers years and wear them around the house for decorating and suchlike. I would have expected this to happen from a cheap range off the market, not something that cost a few quid off the tele. End of the day it was my fault, so hey ho.

I buy the colour catcher sheets so no need to separate coloureds and white. I can't believe what comes out of new white underwear usually very pale shade of green.

I buy the colour catcher sheets so no need to separate coloureds and white. I can't believe what comes out of new white underwear usually very pale shade of green.

I don't think I want to know what you've been getting up to! :mysmilie_11:

I thought you were going to say that your new £2000 Miele washing machine had broken down.

ACTUALLY, I DO have a Meile w/machine/drier - bought from John Lewis around 10 years ago, and its the best, never had a problem with it (only the user who mixes her colours !)

Be careful with those colour sheets, one got stuck down the pipes (or somewhere, I'm not a plumber :mysmilie_17:) and it stopped my washer working, my kitchen was flooded with the next load I unknowingly put in. The plumber said this happens a lot, so always put those colour sheets in a netted wash bag or similar.

I use the colour catcher as well

I also think that they have one which recovers mistakes like yours but I have never used it so can't comment as to how effective it is.

although I normally use Dylon a brand called Dr Beckmann does a colour run remover

Be careful with those colour sheets, one got stuck down the pipes (or somewhere, I'm not a plumber :mysmilie_17:) and it stopped my washer working, my kitchen was flooded with the next load I unknowingly put in. The plumber said this happens a lot, so always put those colour sheets in a netted wash bag or similar.

Oh I know they can get through the rubber seal and clog the filter, I always check it is still there when I take the washing out. Used to get the colour catcher cloths, size of a facecloth,but can't seem to find them now.

Oh I know they can get through the rubber seal and clog the filter, I always check it is still there when I take the washing out. Used to get the colour catcher cloths, size of a facecloth,but can't seem to find them now.

Amazon have the cloths in the Dr Bechmann range, supposed to last 30 washes. Not sure how this works out price wise as there are quite a few sheets in the box if the disposable ones.

That wouldn't be a problem for me - I'd just use the spare one in my gifting drawer. Need an excuse for giving the lollipop lady a bottle of Baileys instead though.
Obviously, you'd order a couple more. One for the lollipop lady, and another spare for the pressie drawer. And drink the Bailey's yourself, no?

They were great!! And I used them as cleaning clothes after they had absorbed as much as they could.

Havent been able to find them for a few years now.

I've never heard of these colour sheet things. I normally wash everything all together - but anything colourful I wash separately until it is colourfast. I bought white microfibre cloths for cleaning my cars. This way I can just chuck them in with my washing.

I keep my Colour Catcher sheets in a wash bag, too. The washing machine repair man said he sees dozens of machine mishaps due to the individual sheets ending up where they shouldn't. And there's me thinking not many people used them.

My washing machine manual (and repair man) says NOT to use colour rescue stuff in the machine as it corrodes bits all over the machine. He said he'd rather strip the machine and show people the missing sheets than give them a whopping bill for replacement bits that have rotted off.

I had a box of Dr Beckmann (I think that was the make) colour rescue sachets on the worktop when he arrived. He was quite annoyed that they're even sold unless specifically used with rubber gloves and a bucket and got nowhere near a washing machine - and even then he said to rinse, rinse and rinse my sink and pipes afterwards! Thank goodness I hadn't used it in my current machine, though it might explain the run I previously had on washing machines that died just out of warranty :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back