Viewers/Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DarJos

Registered Shopper
Was just looking through various presenter blogs on the QVC website and came across a post to Julia Roberts from a viewer saying that she would be the "Guinea Pig" on the upcoming Elemis mini-series at the end of next month as Keeley had asked her for volunteers on her FB page.. ("Enjoyed the Elemis shows as usual. Keeley has asked me to do the Monday show in her mini series in September. I hope we get to meet anyway.")

So I await from the fanatics taking part in the mini-series a whole load of Liz Earle bashing and how Keeley was robbed of awards at the recent QVC Beauty Month Awards , I did notice Keeley quipped in one of the shows on TSV day that "hopefully Pro-Radiance will win next year"..

Is this a new thing or is it nothing new for companies on QVC to do this??

I have often wondered over the years, why QVC do not have ordinary 'Joe Soaps' on some of their beauty shows. I have only seen it once on a make up hour and the two ladies had won a competition.

It will be interesting if they do this on the Elemis mini series, although I can't see them doing it regularly on other shows. The models agree with everything that is said about the products, all products are wonderful, nothing disagrees with their skin - after all it is their job. Also, many of them are actresses too. It might be a bit risky having members of the publc on. Imagine the kerfuffle if Keeley put a mask on me and i shouted 'Aaarg, that stings - geroff me, you mad bat! Red faces all round. I doubt there would be 'instant results' on my face, which we hear so much about either.

They had REAL PEOPLE for an Gatineau show not long ago, so must be the same thing. Elemis must be the next QVC are doing. No doubt Decleor will also have a show in the future too.

Silly me, I forgot about the Gatineau show. i enjoyed that, although there were one or two awkward moments, Allison coped pretty well with the lady who said she had been using Creme de la Mer.

From what I can remember Keeley saying (from a suggestion on her page) it's viewers on the couch receiving treatments are not a audience with type show.. The Elemis shows are on every night week commencing Mon 26th Sep....

They also had real people on the couch in the Gatineau shows. But that is why we watch for the," yes I smoke 300 cigs a day and sit with olive oil on in the sun." Oh we could start a game, how many times will AY nearly have a fit or actually faint from what real people do.

Latest posts

Back