Unhelpful courier

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ringtree

Registered Shopper
I ordered the acer laptop tsv. I received a text telling me I may receive a delivery Monday. Luckily I had Monday off. I then received a text on Monday today asking me to phone them as they may not be able to deliver it. The call taker at the courier said they had not received the item from the manufacturer so I said can you deliver Saturday. He said no, only Monday to friday. The nearest depot to me is over an hour journey away. I said what if I can't take delivery in the week and he said the item will be returned to the manufacturer. Totally unsympathetic. I called qvc and they said as the item is coming from acer direct they have nothing to do with the parcel. They said that is why they quote 7 to 10 working days as the know some couriers only deliver Monday to Friday. So I will have to take a day off and sit at home all day waiting for it? Am I wrong thinking this isn't right?

My courier ( Hermes ) delivers Saturdays and Sundays but I don`t know if that`s the norm. If they have an option to work weekends or not, then I suppose some will opt out. Is there nobody you can trust to stay in your home and wait for it or have it delivered to their address instead of yours ? I don`t work but one of my neighbours does and she`ll regularly ask me if I`m prepared to accept a delivery for her or if it`s something large ( she recently had a carpet roll delivered ) will I let the delivery guys into her house ?

As long as they do deliver if you stay in. A coupe of weeks ago I was waiting for UPS to deliver. Nothing happened and when it started to get late, I noticed the corner of something sticking out of the letterbox, which turned out to be a "we tried to deliver" card. They didn't try very hard - there were two of us in that day and even a brief knock on the door would have been heard.

Had a delivery few weeks back, had walked 500yds (or so) up road to post a letter in the post box. Saw van as I was posting letter and in the time i walked back to house van was gone.

Card through letterbox, apparently parcel in my secure place, eh? Don't remember giving a secure place. Went to neighbour, (have put her down before to accept parcels, as she is housebound) not there. Found eventually in the recycling bin. Grrrrrrr, bin was full and due to be emptied next day. Since when has a bin been a secure place.

My Herpes (sorry, Hermes) Courier likes throwing parcels over the garden fence. No matter how fragile or how much it's raining. Major disincentive to ordering. Complained to QVC but they don't give a damn with their "award winning customer service" and all.

My Hermes courier used to be brilliant but new rules have turned him into a jobsworth! He always left my parcels in the wheelie bin on my drive, as I live in a quiet and secure place. Now he is not allowed to and regularly takes parcels back whereas he used to text me previously to let me know he had left one. Either that or he leaves with random neighbours that I don't know. I hate having to knock on their door! Apart from Q, I now have all my orders delivered to store or click and collect.

Whilst I think the OP deserves to feel very miffed - the Q claiming that, because it is direct despatch, it has nothing to do with them, is total hogwash - when the Q refers to delivery waiting times, they are talking about 'working days.' Although, for some of us, every day is a working day, Monday - Friday is, generically, regarded as being working days. Quite often, the sender informs the courier company the item is available for collection from the warehouse, but the courier goes for it when good and ready, usually when they have quite a few parcels to collect.

My Herpes (sorry, Hermes) Courier likes throwing parcels over the garden fence. No matter how fragile or how much it's raining. Major disincentive to ordering. Complained to QVC but they don't give a damn with their "award winning customer service" and all.

I think your courier has been trained by mine. They only know one delivery method, chucked over fence, no card, once lay in rain for days and was only noticed by chance. I much prefer RM for deliveries, no waiting in, if not able to go through box or hidden at side then I just collect from depot.

I ordered the acer laptop tsv. I received a text telling me I may receive a delivery Monday. Luckily I had Monday off. I then received a text on Monday today asking me to phone them as they may not be able to deliver it. The call taker at the courier said they had not received the item from the manufacturer so I said can you deliver Saturday. He said no, only Monday to friday. The nearest depot to me is over an hour journey away. I said what if I can't take delivery in the week and he said the item will be returned to the manufacturer. Totally unsympathetic. I called qvc and they said as the item is coming from acer direct they have nothing to do with the parcel. They said that is why they quote 7 to 10 working days as the know some couriers only deliver Monday to Friday. So I will have to take a day off and sit at home all day waiting for it? Am I wrong thinking this isn't right?

Whilst it is a pain that they could not deliver when the originally told you what were you going to do about the delivery as you didn't know when the delivery was going to be in the first place?

I don't think it's unsympathetic to say they have to send it back to Acer after a week as they can't be expected to hold on to it all the time - no delivery company would do.

Latest posts

Back