Turbie Twist Shower Caps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Someone may be able to enlighten me; QVC has been selling TT for years and, admittedly, they are practical. (never bought mine from the Q). After selling us on the technology of it, they have now brought out the old favourite, the shower cap. I totally agree the TT is a huge improvement on the towel but, imo, the TT would replace a shower cap. Why pay £12.95 for two, when one can pay 69p, in a cheap shop, and it will do the same job.
Wonder how they will sell it?

Shower caps don't mess your hair up as much as a turban.

Also, the shower cap is waterproof whereas the turbie will let water through if it gets wet enough.

Shower caps are made of plastic and keep the water off. Turbie towels are made of microfibre and dry the hair after washing. I once paid £12ish for one, only to discover that they are widely available in poundshops. I have several, and as regards quality, there is not a microfibre's width between them... so the QVC mark up is £11ish plus p&p. In other words, don't waste your money... get to a poundshop!

You can get the Similiar one for £1-£2 pound each .who will pay that much with P&P .I have got those from town .

the qvc turbie twist are 100% cotton.not like the £1 microfibre at all. i got four for well under £20 inc postage (special intro offer) and the quality is very good. will last me many years

I have the TT. I just don't see the need for a TT shower cap, when the TT will do the same job.

I prefer the £1 microfibres ones, dries my hair better than cotton, it absorbs the water rather than the cotton ones were the water just sits there, that's just my own personal opinion.

I've got some cotton TTs and they are as thick and fluffy as when I bought them - even after frequent washing and using them everyday.

I've seen several lookey likeys in the discount stores but none have come close to the finish and fabric quality of the TT branded ones.

The TTs I bought years ago from QVC only lasted me a few weeks, as luck would have it (on the fifth week to be precise) the cotton was pulled on arrival but that didn't bother me, it was the fact two out of the three stitching came away that's why they ended up in the bin, so for me and my own personal experience the cheaper ones both dry my hair better and for a pound have lasted me longer than those crappy TTs.........in my opinion of course.

The TTs I bought years ago from QVC only lasted me a few weeks, as luck would have it (on the fifth week to be precise) the cotton was pulled on arrival but that didn't bother me, it was the fact two out of the three stitching came away that's why they ended up in the bin, so for me and my own personal experience the cheaper ones both dry my hair better and for a pound have lasted me longer than those crappy TTs.........in my opinion of course.

You should've sent them back. The 30 day money back guarantee applies to items you send back because you don't like them or they don't fit. You are still within your statutory rights to send an item back (and get your P and P back) if the item is not fit for purpose. Too late now, of course.

Personally I prefer the microfibre ones. Think I got it from eBay. It's my essential item to take on holiday as I have never been able to get a towel to stay on my head!!

I've got some cotton TTs and they are as thick and fluffy as when I bought them - even after frequent washing and using them everyday.

I've seen several lookey likeys in the discount stores but none have come close to the finish and fabric quality of the TT branded ones.

I am a fan. I have bought cheap and the band that you twist into always breaks. The TT ones from Q are better quality and have lasted me longer than some of the cheap and not so cheap ones.

You should've sent them back. The 30 day money back guarantee applies to items you send back because you don't like them or they don't fit. You are still within your statutory rights to send an item back (and get your P and P back) if the item is not fit for purpose. Too late now, of course.

Personally I prefer the microfibre ones. Think I got it from eBay. It's my essential item to take on holiday as I have never been able to get a towel to stay on my head!!

I did ring, this is while back, can't remember the exact words but I can remember the unbelieving tone in her voice (the Customer Service woman) so I just said not to worry about it I'll just throw them in the bin, wasn't worth the hassle for £20, it just added to one of the reasons I closed my account.

I must have been wrong saying I got Turbies, if they are cotton. They must have been microfibre from IW which in those days tended to sell lookie likies of QVC products.
All I can say is that my poundshop microfibres are still going strong after many years. When I go on holiday I take one of them to use as a towel. It is small and light to take to the swimming pool and yet dries my body as easily as a thick cotton towel.

I must have been wrong saying I got Turbies, if they are cotton. They must have been microfibre from IW which in those days tended to sell lookie likies of QVC products.
All I can say is that my poundshop microfibres are still going strong after many years. When I go on holiday I take one of them to use as a towel. It is small and light to take to the swimming pool and yet dries my body as easily as a thick cotton towel.

It could've been Miss G, the thing is it's QVC that copy off IW products, IW sold them way before QVCUK did.

thanks for the heads up just bought the shower caps hope they are the same good quality like the turbie twists or they are going back

Shower caps don't mess your hair up as much as a turban.

Also, the shower cap is waterproof whereas the turbie will let water through if it gets wet enough.

i suspect the shower cap is to be worn in the shower to keep you head dry and the turbie twist used to dry your hair after you have washed it in the shower

It could've been Miss G, the thing is it's QVC that copy off IW products, IW sold them way before QVCUK did.

QVC is a retailer - it will sell popular things.

Is John Lewis copying House of Fraser if it sells a similar product? How about all the retailers selling, say, spiralisers (the latest cooking trend). Are they all copycats or are they just retailers giving the customer what they want?

Latest posts

Back