TSV and OTO

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I am confused (though of course that doesn't take much), but I thought a 'one time only' was only available when there were no more hours of that particular days TSV brand. How're today the TSV was 'Chelsea Muse' and the last showing of the TSV was in the 2-3 hour, yet there was another show between 8-9, in which they had 'One time only's'. I am confused as whilst I am aware that for the last few hours they would have done this if the last airing of the TSV had been early evening, but this is the first time I have known the above to happen. Surely this bordering on 'definition breaking' as it were of the TSV rules, as my understanding was that there would only be OTO's if the TSV had sold out or there was going to be no more airings of that particular brand. Can someone please clarify for me, as this to me seems a cynical ploy by QVC to exert more money out of punters and I am sure of course that is me just being cynical (yeah ok I am not that nieve) 😀, but I would like clarification, or is it just a p lot?

Well since Ian can tell us days in advance what the OTO will be it is obviously planned ahead of time. Only when the TSV sells out sooner than even Q expected do we get unexpected OTO.

I think they have a cut off point where they don't show it on air but is still available on website. They get around this by saying limited sizes/colours not enough to make it to a show.

Years ago when I was a QVC customer, a OTO would only be shown after the TSV sells out or there's not enough stock to show it again, but what it seems like now, from the bits I've seen over the past couple of years, it seems that the TSVs aren't selling out like they used to, people are getting savvy and wise that QVC is by far the dearest place to shop, so they're bringing OTOs in to sell rather than use up airtime on TSVs that aren't selling, that's my take on it.

Actually what you are saying kinda makes sense. As they do say it is limited in size and colour etc, though today's TSV has only totally sold out in one colour and two of another, hardly I think enough to warrant OTO, therefore I feel that your analysis is probably correct. Thank you

Yeah but I would have final presentation would also mean no more shows of that brand also.

I used to think that as well, but it's clearly not always the case. When they've bought in huge amounts of stock, they will be pushing it in shows and between shows to the bitter end... when there is less stock I think QVC actively plan not having enough stuff to last through the scheduled shows. If they only stuck with brands which can guarantee enough stock go last the whole 24 hours we'd begin to see a serious reduction in the diversity of the TSV offerings.

The downside is that they risk the odd sizes left of a TSV not selling as things always sell more strongly when shown on air... which then sits for eternity on the Knowsley shelves.

Once in a while a tsv turns out to be a real turkey and they make an early decision not to waste air time on it so we get lots of oto's.

Latest posts

Back