The Wedding Veil effect...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Was definitely evident during the Tova show tonight..
Tova looked flawless (as always) however AY looked particularly 'airbrushed' and the reason for this - they glory of a camera with soft focus! Hence the wedding veil effect.

Maybe AY should make this lens part of her contract. Maybe JR should take it on board too

Tova has truly been over frozen face wise. a small amount of movement is more acceptable - less scary. :tongue:

Up feeding baby, not insomniac, but had to reply to this! I can't stand Tova, sorry. Far too America, vulgar, ostentatious "I have loads of money but I am stuck in the past". She sits there dripping in jewells looking like the bride of frankenstein, her face would literally crack is she smiled. Her arms which I got a glimps of under all that blinkin awful white lace, gave away her true age though, as did her overall "look". She is by far the most self obsessed "I love myself" guest they have. Even the dreadful Simon Wilson although bonkers does not love himself like she does. How typical that her mugshot appears on the photo behind (as if we need a reminder of who her husband is) but even worse her picture is plastered all over the inside of the lid of her gift boxes! Who buys this c**p!!! Aaaaargh!!!!
As for AY, too much make-up especially eyeliner making her look like a drag queen yet again!

Last edited:
I adore Tova, she has so much class and I love listening to her stories. How nice of her to come to the UK when they're auctioning Liz Taylor's jewellery in New York today. No doubt Ernie will have someone bidding on the phone and there'll be some more replicas (and associated stories to tell) in the future.

AY looked a fright - what was going on with her hair - had there been some new product launch from Phillip Kingsley or Michael DeCesare earlier in the day?

I adore Tova, she has so much class and I love listening to her stories. How nice of her to come to the UK when they're auctioning Liz Taylor's jewellery in New York today. No doubt Ernie will have someone bidding on the phone and there'll be some more replicas (and associated stories to tell) in the future.

AY looked a fright - what was going on with her hair - had there been some new product launch from Phillip Kingsley or Michael DeCesare earlier in the day?

She'd been on earlier with a "Percy and Reed " hair show, looking very bouffant.

I thought special lens used as AY did look airbrushed indeed. Made the black eyeliner stand out even more. Of course she was doing the usual skirt up to her who ha legs crossed high up the thighs the emu boots looked weird with the outfit.

Tova looked as always. Last time didn't we all notice she looked less luminous(sp), as they must have forgot the len that day.

It must take Tova hours to get herself ready for the show. I'm sure she'd look much better if she did it in 5 minutes.

What annoys me about her is that she has 'the real thing' on but "I'll allow you second class citizens have the privilege of buying a cheap copy of my jewellery". I find that very patronising.

Last edited:
It must take Tova hours to get herself ready for the show. I'm sure she'd look much better if she did it in 5 minutes.

What annoys me about her is that she has 'the real thing' on but "I'll allow you second class citizens have the privilege of buying a cheap copy of my jewellery". I find that very patronising.

I agree absolutely but what other line could she spin to sell us the stuff!!

a few weeks ago on a butler and wilson show Simon complained that he didn't get the "honey lighting" that Julia used all the time, she looked a bit flustered and shut him up quick, it just shows there are lots of tricks around, i do think it is a bit off when they are showing an item won't it distort colour etc especially as she is selling jewellery later?

i like tova and in her defence, when the jewellery first started, she said it was because people kept on saying they wanted a ring/bracelet/brooch just like hers. (a bit like dreamkeeper - started because people were always ringing in asking what jenniefer (who i also like) was wearing). ok you could say they seized a marketing opportunity but why not? both sides are happy. i'm not personally, because tova used to do a huge range of make up and cosmetics, which for me was far more interesting than yet more diamonique. that range seems to have suffered and now all we get is perfume and diamonique.

I thought special lens used as AY did look airbrushed indeed. Made the black eyeliner stand out even more. Of course she was doing the usual skirt up to her who ha legs crossed high up the thighs the emu boots looked weird with the outfit.
Tova looked as always. Last time didn't we all notice she looked less luminous(sp), as they must have forgot the len that day.

they were the tsv slippers weren't they? which i thought made it look even more weird - tova all glamourous and AY in her slippers.

Up feeding baby, not insomniac, but had to reply to this! I can't stand Tova, sorry. Far too America, vulgar, ostentatious "I have loads of money but I am stuck in the past". She sits there dripping in jewells looking like the bride of frankenstein, her face would literally crack is she smiled. Her arms which I got a glimps of under all that blinkin awful white lace, gave away her true age though, as did her overall "look". She is by far the most self obsessed "I love myself" guest they have. Even the dreadful Simon Wilson although bonkers does not love himself like she does. How typical that her mugshot appears on the photo behind (as if we need a reminder of who her husband is) but even worse her picture is plastered all over the inside of the lid of her gift boxes! Who buys this c**p!!! Aaaaargh!!!!
As for AY, too much make-up especially eyeliner making her look like a drag queen yet again!

Take it you don't like her then, LOL LOL LOL

Once upon a time Tova was one of my favourite guests, not now ... she looks more scary every visit and imo she does nothing but brag, all her jewellery are the real thing bought for her by her dearest Earnest, do we really want to know,speaking for myself ... No. She bores the ass off me, she is now yet another not to watch guest....

With all her money you would think she would sort out her hair. Its dreadful. Very thin & little of it at the front & that colour she has on it now makes it look even worse.Surely she could afford weaves ?

Yes, I have been wondering why she is not wearing her wigs any more. Actually they suited her, the thickness of them that is. Her own hair is too thin nowadays. I had never even heard of her until I started watching QVC. Apparently she was an actress in her own right but hey ho. She must have lived a very glamorous life though even though I would never call her husband a heart throb. He must be doing something right though.

38 years they've been married so if she is a woman in her 70's she is wearing well, I'll give her that.

....Apparently she was an actress in her own right but hey ho. She must have lived a very glamorous life though even though I would never call her husband a heart throb. He must be doing something right though.

38 years they've been married so if she is a woman in her 70's she is wearing well, I'll give her that.

She is his fifth wife.
Perhaps practice really does makes perfect lol

Ernie's first mate, Rhoda Kemins, who bore him a daughter in 1953, divorced him in 1958, citing "irrational temper." His second wife, actress Katy Jurado, came to blows with Borgnine in public before they split in 1963. No. 3, Ethel Merman, called their 38-day 1964 marriage "a big, fat mistake." No. 4, actress Donna Ran-court, mother of Borgnine's two other children, claimed that Ernie's threats forced her to hire round-the-clock armed guards.
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20080003,00.html

clearly she is a woman who values her independance and ability to contribute to her family's wealth. respect. at least she hasnt sat on her arse and let the husband earn the money. unlike many.

i have no idea about her relationship with the husband,hopefully he found "the one" in tova and the bad behaviour stopped. or maybe they dont spend a lot of time together. either which way, she's been with him for 38 years and thats to be applauded in this day and age, especially with "hollywood" marriages.

she is a woman in her 70's and she is selling beauty products. yes she needs the honey lights, but so does liz earle.

she is selling a concept which is high-end hollywood glamour. yes its ridiculous but thats the brand. she isnt going to come on with her hair in a scrunchie and wearing moonboots, now is she? (although AY seems to get away with it)

Latest posts

Back