The Selling Stops To Discuss .....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Had the telly on QVC and heard a comments about some pictures in the news, with Pipa saying she personally hadn't got a problem with it as it's a woman's body.
She then went on to laugh with Dennis Basso and then Prince Harry was mentioned with it being another story.
I've just searched the internet, to find out they were referring to pictures of Kate and William on holiday.

Had the telly on QVC and heard a comments about some pictures in the news, with Pipa saying she personally hadn't got a problem with it as it's a woman's body.
She then went on to laugh with Dennis Basso and then Prince Harry was mentioned with it being another story.
I've just searched the internet, to find out they were referring to pictures of Kate and William on holiday.

Off with their heads :mysmilie_846:

Ridiculous to think that the paparazzi wouldn't use every lens poss to get a pic of her. She should have worn a strapless bikini top if she didn't want strap lines. She is Royal now, it was not necessary or appropriate to sunbathe topless. Coming so soon after H's fiasco too.

I thought Pipa was really saying she couldn't understand what the fuss was about Kate sunbathing topless, not that someone had papped her.
I'd agree with her. No big deal but, I'm sorry, no-one has the right to creep through bushes with a long lens (reportedly from half a mile away) to photograph someone in a private residence in the middle of nowhere. It's just plain wrong, no matter who they are: celeb, royal or just someone in street. She's as entitled as the rest of us to privacy. Shame on those people who took the photos, presumably paid big money for them and who will buy the mag or log on to the website to take a peek.

I thought Pipa was really saying she couldn't understand what the fuss was about Kate sunbathing topless, not that someone had papped her.
I'd agree with her. No big deal but, I'm sorry, no-one has the right to creep through bushes with a long lens (reportedly from half a mile away) to photograph someone in a private residence in the middle of nowhere. It's just plain wrong, no matter who they are: celeb, royal or just someone in street........

You are quite right - it is wrong but it isn't going to stop because there are always people willing to buy the newspapers and magazines that these pictures appear in. Supply and demand.

What is also wrong is her naivety in thinking she was immune to it happening to her. As was the case with Harry, no amount of bodyguards will prevent photographers and their intrusive lenses or "friends" with their mobile phones.

Last edited:
It's all just laughable isn't it? Wow, Kate has boobs? So what, so have I. Are hers any more miraculous than anyone else's? Do you honestly want to see them?? No. Let's stop feeding this media circus.

Hi,

I think the problem is that it was french media who were hounding Princess Diana when she died, then stood by and took photos of her dying in the wreckage of her car.

Bad associations for William.

Cheers,
Karen

If this is true it is very unfortunate and embarrassing for the Duchess. However along with her many privileges come a few restrictions and not appearing oudoors topless, anywhere, is I would think one of them. I agree, she should be allowed privacy on a private property but someone in her position should not take a risk.

You are quite right - it is wrong but it isn't going to stop because there are always people willing to buy the newspapers and magazines that these pictures appear in. Supply and demand.

What is also wrong is her naivety in thinking she was immune to it happening to her. As was the case with Harry, no amount of bodyguards will prevent photographers and their intrusive lenses or "friends" with their mobile phones.

I think the difference here was that, while Harry was certainly naive in doing what he did with a room full of people, Kate was on private terrace, within private property.

well at least Basso and Pipa were not discussing anything really seriously newsworthy: Hillsborough, Syria, or heaven forbid the Economy!!!

If people didn't buy these magazines then that would hit the photographers in the pocket, but unfortunately this will never happen😞

Certainly must have been a talking point at Q today, as Catherine cracked a joke after she had mentioned a dress was in a Middleton Blue shade.

Hi,

You cant tell its Kate in the pics.

You can barely tell its not a bloke with a humorous false chest! Maybe its Harry in a wig!

Cheers,
karen

I think the difference here was that, while Harry was certainly naive in doing what he did with a room full of people, Kate was on private terrace, within private property.

But in full view of the public road to anyone with a long range lens, the photographer did not creep through the bushes on to private property. She should have had more sense.
And did she not mind flashing her bits at the villa staff or the security people?

Seen the pictures, like lots of people, and The one I'd find more embarrassing than the frontal boob ones is the one where she's bent over with her knickers down, mooning at the camera, while William slaps sun cream on her bum.

Last edited:
I think its disgraceful that someone went to all that trouble, its not like topless bathing is new. Give the
girl a break, she was on holiday, at a private estate, and she should be allowed to do what she wants,
like the rest of us, when she's relaxing. We're all saying how normal they are, not like the stiff Charles era, so
with that you have to accept topless bathing in PRIVATE , not on a public beach, when they were relaxing.
And Harry's was a disaster waiting to happen, but i like the guy, and i think he trusts people too much,
and probably a mistake. But the worst thing ever was the thing Charles said about Camilla, that hasn;t
been beaten in my eyes. That was sick and weird. Rant over, off to work Enjoy Saturday x

Last edited:
I think when she's on holiday on a private estate, she should be allowed to bathe topless, if she wants,

gut because she's a royal, doesn't mean she can't try and have a private life. Its not like she was on

the beach in Spain in full view, i think its a disgrace. Harry's was a disaster waiting

to happen, but i like the guy, and he seems too trusting to me. But the most cringeworthy thing ever

was the thing Charles said about Camilla, it was so so so so so so embarrassing. That has to be the

worst ever IMO.

No idea what Charles said about Camilla but now I am curious LOL. I don't follow the royal family, in fact I mentally switch off when anything comes on the telly about them. It's not that I don't like them, I am just not interested in their goings on. There are and will always be people with nothing better to do in their own lives than follow the lives of royals and other public figures. Catherine was in a private location and should have been left alone but she is a major public figure and should have exercised more judgement. In Sweden (my country) it is just the same with scandals etc... I don't pay much attention to that either!

Inge xx

Latest posts

Back