The poor plus size model in Trespass TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizgregs

Registered Shopper
Flicking on to see the repeat while lounging in bed this morning, I couldn't believe the heather coloured fleece they'd put on the larger size model. How on earth can the so-called stylists send the poor woman out wearing a garment about 2/3 sizes too small so it actually emphasised the fact that she is a bigger size than the other models? And as for the whole outfit with poorly fitting cropped trousers.....

Surely it's not too much to ask of the UK's leading shopping channel that they get the best fiiting sizes for the models and make the garments appear as flattering as possible ??? Obviously it is....

My sister is a size 20 and she gets proper fitting stylish clothes that flatter her size and shape. She often looks much better than I do in my size 14 (used to be a size 10 before drugs made me balloon but hey) - not that I'm jealous :giggle:

PS And who had dressed JF ??? Looked awful.

Flicking on to see the repeat while lounging in bed this morning, I couldn't believe the heather coloured fleece they'd put on the larger size model. How on earth can the so-called stylists send the poor woman out wearing a garment about 2/3 sizes too small so it actually emphasised the fact that she is a bigger size than the other models? And as for the whole outfit with poorly fitting cropped trousers.....

Surely it's not too much to ask of the UK's leading shopping channel that they get the best fiiting sizes for the models and make the garments appear as flattering as possible ??? Obviously it is....

My sister is a size 20 and she gets proper fitting stylish clothes that flatter her size and shape. She often looks much better than I do in my size 14 (used to be a size 10 before drugs made me balloon but hey) - not that I'm jealous :giggle:

Sarah I think is aprox size 22 and this happens to her everytime she models on QVC.
She seems to be replacing Joy at the moment, who they usually clearly state is a 16 and is modeling the XL.
I'm afraid QVC really seem to struggle with providing correct sizing items.
I'd be rich if I'd been given a pound for the number of times Kathy has had to say I'm in the medium because that was the only sample, but I'd be better in the size large.
As for Julia doing the shoe shows, she's had many a hissy fit and made it so very clear she wouldn't be putting on a single pair of shoes, as they were too big.
Which has seemed a bit over the top but I witness the last Rockport show, she managed to have a pair sent her in size 4 and she was delighted.
Lenny from Nina Leonard once made a comment that one the models who he'd not worked with before was in a small but would be better in the medium.
That did work as later on she was in fact wearing the size medium.

What QVC did to that poor girl for that TSV was an utter disgrace. I felt really sorry for her. We are not all stick thin & willowy like Sharon & Tanya. In fact the average size of a British woman is 16. Must admit that I think IW are far more realistic with their models. not that I buy any of their tat either. Its worse than QVCs offerings.

I dont supposed the model cares that much after all she's getting paid and i assume would not wear anything so vile in her real life its just a job
I am surprised that qvc think their customers are going to buy this sh** maybe we think wow i would look great as a mauve sausage
lets order order order- fleece indeed -fleeced more like

Watching the midday show. Poor old Kathy is not in her right size either. Bet its a medium & as she honestly says ( unlike someone else who does her best to convince all of us that she is only a size small:sad: ) I need a large.

OK she s just said that shes in the large. Very small large if thats the case.

Last edited:
I think this TSV is awful and the sizes are round the twist.

As a size 14-16,I love to see "normal" models - and Joy is one of my favourites.However,I truly think that Joy looks better than any other "plus size models" as she wears support underwear - it smooths her out completely -which unfortunately some of the others don't wear,and I think it makes a big difference.

i have noticed that the plus models look dreadfull i cannot belive they cant find larger ladies with more proprtional bodies. some of them are so large they can bearly move.

and to put them in these dreadfully small clothes tbh just highlights the whole calamity.

i am big and was even a size 32 at my largest but she looks awful in fact they all do barring joyce but she lives near me and looks a size 14 and is nearly 6ft tall! thats why she does to be frank look better.:down:

the munchies huh? i is so with you on that girlfriend.

i have noticed that the plus models look dreadfull i cannot belive they cant find larger ladies with more proprtional bodies. some of them are so large they can bearly move.

and to put them in these dreadfully small clothes tbh just highlights the whole calamity.

i am big and was even a size 32 at my largest but she looks awful in fact they all do barring joyce but she lives near me and looks a size 14 and is nearly 6ft tall! thats why she does to be frank look better.:down:

i dont think i agree with that. joy is very in proportion i always think. she's a big girl but goes in and out in all the right places and more importantly looks happy and at ease with her body which is important. i dont think the girl in the fleece was out of proportion either, she was just wearing something way too small. how many of us can say we look good in something that tight?

i think we should give QVC credit for not always featuring typical models but they do need to dress them accordingley.

They made that poor model look like Vicky Pollard in her too-small fleece, cropped trousers, bare pale legs. All it needed was the woman who used to sell those stretchy hair combs to come on and give her a Croydon face-lift.

I don't think QVC are too worried...it doesn't matter how dire the designs or how lurid the colours or patterns, they seem to have no problem shifting their 'fashion' :confused:, there are people out there who seem to have an insatiable appetite for this tat. I do wonder how much worse the stylists or clothing has to be before it stops selliing?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4TSn8lXf58?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k4TSn8lXf58?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back