The only person in the world who doesn't like LG cosmetics?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
As I said on another thread, I didn't go for the TSV but bought another kit instead & the 'trying it out' didn't go too well! :(
I found it chalky, gritty, scratchy, hard to apply with the rather stiff, scratchy LG brushes it came with (impossible with my own softer ones!) & despite several attempts (& a light hand!), the finish was flat, ageing & unflattering - what am I doing wrong?

I felt a bit miserable having sat there for about half a ruddy hour but then thought of the lovely Helen from Nails Inc. who cheerfully once announced on air 'It's only varnish, if you don't like it, take it off!' lol
Everybody else seems to love LG, I can only presume my skin is grottier than I thought! (I even pinched some of DD's foundation to go underneath, it still looked carp!) :(

It wasn't the way the colour sat either, that was OK, (i.e. not blotched or patchy), it just looked flat as a pancake!

You are not the only one KWC - I have tried it a couple of times and found that it left my face 'dirty' looking and all patchy. On both ocassions I sent it back.

And I agree the brushes are carp and scratchy compared with the smashbox ones.

Eldest DD also tried it, she had to virtually scrub the brush into the eyshadow & then scrub it onto her eye to see any resulting colour! (She pronounced it to be......well, she said a rather rude word anyway! lol)

'Dirty' is a good word Rosey, that's just what the result from the eyshadows looked like, dirty! Maybe it's not just me then? I don't think my poor eyes (only slightly wrinkled.....at the moment!) could cope with those brushes for long either! :(

The eyeshadows also picked up dry patches on my lids I didn't even know I had & which the Benefit etc. just glides on over! lol

On your side KWC, tried a few LG products and found them wanting. There was an ok lip and lid primer but the smashbox one is better IMO. Didn't get on with models prefer/YBF either.
I do think LG is a very pleasant lady but I have always wondered why the models have more or less flawless complexions where as other brands are quite happy to show case their products on a variety of faces. :64:

I'm not a fan either. The colour of the B&B is dreadful - and I think the models all look orange on the shows. The texture of B&B reminds me of Max Factor creme puff. I wonder what the average age of an LG customer is?

Her lipsticks are too dark and make 'normal' lips look thin. Her blushers are also too dark, and I don't think LG's make up looks that great either. The brushes are shocking and leave hairs all over your face.

But then I like Kim & Co so what do I know!

It would be a sad old world if we all liked the same things. I'm just glad I can still buy my Bare Escentuals and Halo!

I do think LG is a very pleasant lady but I have always wondered why the models have more or less flawless complexions where as other brands are quite happy to show case their products on a variety of faces. :64:

Oddly enough my OH said at the time 'Why have they wheeled out all the pretty ones that don't need make-up?', followed by 'Well, I can't see any blerdy difference myself....!'
I think I replied with something along the lines of 'Shut up dear, you're a bloke, what do you know.....!' :33: lol

Men remind me of the old saying that even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :64:

Phew, not just me then! (I was almost tearful earlier, pathetic I know, it's blerdy make-up for gawd's sake! It doesn't take much to knock my confidence though, make-up wise but at one point I couldn't actually tell if I couldn't see there was anything on my face/eyes or if there really wasn't anything there! lol)

Definitely not for me then, I won't try again! The only good thing that came out of it was me wondering if I should start using an eye primer at least, to maybe make the make-up I do like go on & sit even better?

I'm a big fan of primers and eyelid primer is essential to get the look I want. I use either the smashbox lip/lid primer or urban decay's magic potion eyelid primer.

Men remind me of the old saying that even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :64:

I rather foolishly reminded him of his cleverness, so the smug g*t's in his element now! lol
He obviously agreed about the eyeshadows having a 'dirty' look finish, as he suggested that if I intended to keep them, they might be useful for 'weathering' model locomotives! :11::15:

I don't really like her range either.I've tried a lot of it when i've been in Sephora. My make up ranges of choice are MAC and NARS.

That convinces me my immediate response to this range, even without trying it, was right, it won't be for me, if it goes on with difficulty I won't bother to use it. Thank you, friends, for your reactions! I will stick with my high street stuff. I love NYC (from Superdrug) pressed mineral powder foundation at £3+, I am very happy with Dr Harnik's little cube of red colour corrector and my M&S primer is really excellent, when I was using l'oreal's mineral powder foundation, until I got the primer, my face used to itch like crazy.

I've never seen Laura Geller colours that looked suitable for English rose complexions, she seems to cater more for Texas leather skins.

I had to get the pink grapefruit blush though, I'd read so much hype about it. I got a small size from eBay - it will last me the rest of my life, it's so intense it's quite difficult to apply it light enough.

clemenzina

OK I will admit never actually tried any of her range. But I am put off from doing so by the gitter look of everything appart from the B&B. I have seen a brand called IDsomething they sell in House of Fraser, it has baked stuff and it looks very colour intense and shimmery just like LG. Hate the idea of powder foundation I do think it can look very flat on the face.

American brands I do believe work more towards their skin which is deep than us washed out roses of Northern Hemispere.(sp) Many of the US big brands by makeup artists are made in Japan for them, their foundation colours are much lighter and suit me better.

Here are the words of a fool. I have bought LG a few times and with thte exception of the light B AND B which is handy to keep in a handbag - it has all gone back. Far too dark and far to garish shades.

The B and B is OK but I would never use it every day. It is far too drying.

Now for the daft bit.

Why oh why then did I order the TSV - which has not even turned up yet? I know that the colours will not be right...

Here are the words of a fool. I have bought LG a few times and with thte exception of the light B AND B which is handy to keep in a handbag - it has all gone back. Far too dark and far to garish shades.

The B and B is OK but I would never use it every day. It is far too drying.

Now for the daft bit.

Why oh why then did I order the TSV - which has not even turned up yet? I know that the colours will not be right...

Because so many love and rave about the range, you think you must be missing something amazing. Why do you keep ordering even though the other items haven't worked for you? Hoping that this time it will be fabulous on you.

would you please use my address as 'return' address, as i cannot get enough of the stuff. i used to use smashbox, until the baked collection came out, but now smbx sits at the bottom of the drawer. i have a pale complexion and no matter how little LG i apply my skin and face in general look radiant and flawless.

I received the 4pc indulgence set last week, have been using the BE set which I like, but did revert back to the Olay tinted moisturiser :9: Am sure my LG set will be returned as found it very drying on the face, and agree about the prickly brush, still use my Tova one from years ago and still wish she would bring back her eye/face make-up.. the green/amethyst LG eye shadow was way to dark, had to take it off..not impressed at all, but might find a use for it on my card craft, use the powders as chalking! Will have to see how it goes and think of the pricing :52:

daydreamer

Latest posts

Back