The Holiday Shop trailer ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why does that woman talk about deciding “what to BRING on holiday” ? It sounds completely wrong to me, she should be saying “what to TAKE on holiday”. I think it’s a grammatical error, verbs of motion probably. Drives me nuts!

I’m feeling grumpy this morning and really shouldn’t be listening to Vonda and Debbie F while I’m painting my fingernails.

Also, when people are in a bar or cafe and ask for a drink, they say "Can I get" instead of "Can I have". It drives me nuts! I know language evolves, but there are some things that are just grammatically wrong!

You was as in “What was you going to do with the money” sets my teeth on edge - much and all as I quite like him Bradley Walsh is really really bad and I scream at the TV.

Also, when people are in a bar or cafe and ask for a drink, they say "Can I get" instead of "Can I have". It drives me nuts! I know language evolves, but there are some things that are just grammatically wrong!

Sounds as though they want to hop over the counter and help themselves to one. I also hate the American saying where is/was he/she at.

Too many grammatical mistakes on QVC to list now. I can't help but think that there isn't anyone there who knows better to be able to correct them. Even those with the affected posh accents do it. It seems to be a symptom of modern life though - even the BBC is full of mistakes now, but never used to be.

When I see that trailer, I wonder how anyone can afford a holiday, after all the p&p on their holiday shopping.

Latest posts

Back