The Designer Kitchen TSV 27/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have some been using this band for decades but whatever i have not given away rarely see the light of day

I don't see the appeal of Le Creuset or why it attracts hefty price tags. It often seems to appear on a bride to be's wedding gift list, and I sometimes think it's from snobbery value

I've been using some of my Le Creuset pots for nearly 20 years and they're still going strong. Our friend has some that are over 40 years old (under their older brand Cousance).

Yes, they're an expensive outlay but they are built to last. You can get cheaper but the composition of the enamelled interior is nowhere near as smooth and thick.

I expect mine to outlast me.

Le Creuset are very good quality but they're too heavy. When I was finally well off enough to afford to buy them I rushed off to the shop and then tried to lift the big pan with one hand and I was not going to be able to do it when it was full of water/food. They have this top quality snob value which is fine (and I wanted and would have paid for them) but they aren't practical for a lot of folk. I have Flavourstone and they are really good. I won't be looking at this TSV.

CC

i rarely use mine its the weight more than anything else. i don't find them difficult to clean when i do bother to wieght lift them out of the kitchen cupboard. a soak and a scrub and they look as good as new. in fact i avoid non stick no matter how expensive they always peel and invariably are not non stick.
my new favs are stainless steel non coated pans. lightweight, easy to clean and smart looking

Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron 27cm Oval Chef's Pan
Item Number: 805930
QVC Price £182.00
Todays Special Value Price £149.97
P&P £0.00

Le Creusets versatile and iconic Cast Iron Chef's Pan can be used for an array of cooking methods, is great for keeping heat in your food once you're finished, and keeps food cool if stored in the fridge. Whether you're cooking up stews or casseroles; sauteing, roasting, or even baking - this durable and premium piece of cookware will be with you for the long haul.

*Please note: If you were to buy this item from Le Creuset you’d pay £190. So to get it for a TSV price of £149.88, with no P&P, is an exceptional saving of over £40.

Power palette - as expected from the reputable brand, we have a fantastic selection of colour options on offer. From their classic Volcanic, to vibrant Marseille Blue and rich Cerise, your stylish kitchen look will be complete with this pan as your table's centrepiece. Plus, we love the subtle ombre-style lid, adding to the rustic feel of this on-trend cookware.

Cast your eyes on this - hand-crafted in France, this cast iron pot offers superior heat distribution and retention for superb cooking results, while being surprisingly lightweight considering its heavyweight merits. It's also suitable for use on any heat source, including induction and in the oven, and the lid has an oven-proof stainless steel knob.

Impressive inside and out - the pot boasts fantastic interiors, with easy-clean and durable enamel resisting staining and dulling. Plus, thanks to the light sand-colour, you get a clear view of your pot so you can monitor where food is stuck or burnt. The exterior enamel is equally built to last, with a fantastic chipping and cracking-resistant structure.

Lifetime guarantee - Le Creuset is proud of the workmanship in its products and guarantees its enamelled cast iron cookware for the lifetime of the owner, from the date of purchase. For more details please see the attached guarantee.

Suitable for ceramic, gas, electric and induction hobs, and for use in the oven
Dishwasher safe
Diameter: 27cm (10.6")
Weight: 4.16kg

Colour options:

Volcanic
Cerise
Black
Almond
Marseille Blue

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.805930

£150 is a lot really for one pan, however, they look great, especially the orange and red ones. Family sized as well which isn't that practical for Mr CC and myself, however, the dog would easily eat what was left over (if I let him) :mysmilie_1:

CC

I bought one in the 1970's when it was a kings random and I really couldn't afford it. What a disappointment- within a very very short period of time no matter what you cooked it stuck like buggery. Even then as a young thing I couldn't lift it so now I would have to get a hoist in just to lift it off the cooker.

Latest posts

Back