Tanzanite TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rosylee

Registered Shopper
This is the second tsv in a few weeks which is over £1000, have QVC not heard of the 'credit crunch', I dont think they will be selling many of these.

This is the second tsv in a few weeks which is over £1000, have QVC not heard of the 'credit crunch', I dont think they will be selling many of these.

They haven't even put it on Easy Pay or I would've bought a couple:D

I was flicking through channels the other evening and on IW they had a tanzanite ring that was well in excess of £3,500 with no Flexi Pay if I recall correctly. They also had some other items well into the thousands.

any gemologists on this forum. i was wondering if tanzanite is so rare, many times rarer than diamonds the tsv in diamonds would cost many thousands of pounds more than the tsv. does not rarer equate to more esxpensive?

The ring may not photograph well, as the photo on the QVC site makes it look like a piece of cheap tat, though the price tells you otherwise.

I know the TSVs are planned months in advance, but this just feels like "nah nah, look what you CAN'T afford...ha ha!!"

Without meaning to sound bitter (!) I don't like it anyway. If I saw that on somebody's finger, I would assume it was a fake blue gemstone. I wonder how many they do actually sell? And how many they have in the first place.

I thought that too Lorraine, was all bitty inside the tanzy.

Personally I prefer the cheaper pale tanzy's.

I've seen it and think, yes I'd like it for an engagement ring. All I need now is to find myself a man to marry!!!!!!

I've seen it and think, yes I'd like it for an engagement ring. All I need now is to find myself a man to marry!!!!!!

Tanzanite is a beautiful gemstone but only really suitable for occasional wear, so wouldn't be the ideal gem to choose for an engagement ring. It is relatively soft (only 6.5 on the Mohs scale) and its perfect cleavage makes it a brittle stone and vulnerable to bumps and knocks. It is also prone to water damage. It always bugs me when presenters recommend Tanzanite as an engagement ring - very naughty. :smackbottomsmilie:

Good Luck on finding a man though suzy!

Tanzanite is a beautiful gemstone but only really suitable for occasional wear, so wouldn't be the ideal gem to choose for an engagement ring. It is relatively soft (only 6.5 on the Mohs scale) and its perfect cleavage makes it a brittle stone and vulnerable to bumps and knocks. It is also prone to water damage. It always bugs me when presenters recommend Tanzanite as an engagement ring - very naughty. :smackbottomsmilie:

Good Luck on finding a man though suzy!

wow! thanks for that info Melusina... I've have never found that out in a million years. So I like colours, what would you recommend, I don't like sapphires or emeralds too much, would go for ruby... unless you can suggest something else that is ridiculously expensive...!

wow! thanks for that info Melusina... I've have never found that out in a million years. So I like colours, what would you recommend, I don't like sapphires or emeralds too much, would go for ruby... unless you can suggest something else that is ridiculously expensive...!

Well..... if you can bag yourself a rich man (tee hee), I'd go for a coloured diamond myself. A pink would be the ultimate and hugely expensive choice, but you can find green, blue and yellow diamonds more easily and more affordable. You can't beat a diamond for durability.

Ruby and Sapphires are all part of the Corundum family and would be a good choice as an engagement ring. I managed to get a Tanzanian Ruby a short while ago and it has incredible clarity and brilliance. It's a pity you don't like sapphires because they come in all kinds of beautiful colours. I love the hot fuschia pink sapphire and the Ceylon blue is really pretty as well. Emeralds are vulnerable to damage too, so would avoid these, but you don't like them so that's ok.

Yep, I'd for the biggest coloured diamond your man can afford! lol

Last edited:
Did you see the price of some of the other items in the launch show - six of the items were around a grand and one ring was £2,500 - has anyone told qvc there is a credit crunch at the moment, or maybe it is just me finding it difficult.
:TEA:

Did you see the price of some of the other items in the launch show - six of the items were around a grand and one ring was £2,500 - has anyone told qvc there is a credit crunch at the moment, or maybe it is just me finding it difficult.
:TEA:

Nope. I am too. In fact, I can safely say I have never been so broke.
Christmas? Bah Humbug!

I get the feeling that QVC are feeling the pinch and trying to make up some lost budget etc so keep including high price items in case people splash out. I mean they must already be down on sales by not Xmas Molton Brown TSV and they need to make the cash back elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back