Sustainable

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

henrietta

Registered Shopper
Just received the Ojon TSV and instead of the dreaded polystyrene chips it was was packed in shredded crinkled paper.

HOO-RAY!!!

Qvc buy enough from their suppliers to be in a position to influence their packing systems so I've sent off an email to them suggesting that they bring pressure to bear for the sacking of polystyrene packaging in favour of something more eco-friendly.

Come on QVC, let's hear it for the planet.

My item from QVC was protected by a boxful of what looked like white 'cheesie puffs' :giggle:

My item from QVC was protected by a boxful of what looked like white 'cheesie puffs' :giggle:

Yep, that's the little devils Daisy, packing peanuts.......'cheesie puffs', love it! lol
You can actually buy fully bio-degradable ones though, made from err, plant starch or something I believe? :flower:

Haven't received any of my parcels yet but if they are in shredded paper I will be sending a thank you to QVC. My council is moving to wheelie bins soon and I will have to watch how much rubbish I put in the regular bin as fines will be issued if too much goes in. Being able to recycle as much as poss will make a big difference!

Hi Kitten, if only they had been real cheesie puffs.. Oh yum! Lol.. A whole damn boxful :giggle:
QVC could definitely be more eco friendly with packaging though.. Also sending tiny items in big boxes, no need for it :wave2:

I *think* I got some of those cheese puffs you can dissolve in the box when I last ordered some A'kin from QVC. I know Mypure use those ones all the time. Some places use popcorn too.

Are the ones QVC use the biodegradable variety?

Probably not SS, as like most 'environmentally friendly options', the bio-degradable ones are a bit more expensive......! :thinking2:
You could email CS & ask? (They won't know of course & will take about 3 years to get back to you but.......! lol)

Sounds like progress at last! In the past when my Elemis items have arrived, it's been the plastic chips. Still waiting for my Ojon but my post is snail mail.

Hi Kitten, if only they had been real cheesie puffs.. Oh yum! Lol.. A whole damn boxful :giggle:

Is your second name Cartman? lol
Seriously though, that could actually be a good idea, as eating them afterwards would be the ultimate in recycling & bio-degradability!
('Puter is insisting there is no hyphen in 'bio-degradability but hell, I like it it, so I'm leaving it in place! lol)

Oh god, you're a mind reader Kitten.. I did think of Cartman from South Park, lol :cheeky:
"I love my cheesie poofs" (in Cartman's voice) :giggle:

The bio chips disolve after about 15 mins in water so you could always try this to see.

Haven't received any of my parcels yet but if they are in shredded paper I will be sending a thank you to QVC. My council is moving to wheelie bins soon and I will have to watch how much rubbish I put in the regular bin as fines will be issued if too much goes in. Being able to recycle as much as poss will make a big difference!

We have wheelie bins for everything bar the kitchen sink ar polystyrene has to be taken by the householder or his/her agent to the tip.