South Sea Pearls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

popcorn

Registered Shopper
It may be just me but they do not look as nice quality of pearl as when the South African lady brought them to QVC
not as round or of such good lustre
What does everyone else think

Sorry popcorn I don`t watch Q`s jewellery shows anymore so I can`t comment on the pearls. Years ago I bought many lovely and good quality items from Q but nowadays their quality in all jewellery, not just pearls seems to have gone downhill.

I watched a documentary called Treasure Hunters on the BBC and it was interesting concerning the South Sea Pearls. There are the drivers who go down in the hope of finding them, those go for hundreds of thousands. But the rest are just farmed the same way as fresh water, only in sea water and in one of the south sea islands(they have to because of the name). They still put a bead into the pearl to create the pearl.

well i ordered the tahitian pearl station necklace today, i think it looks amazing!

It may be just me but they do not look as nice quality of pearl as when the South African lady brought them to QVC
not as round or of such good lustre
What does everyone else think
Got it wrong
Her name is Helene Remy-Clarke and according to this site and an earlier thread she was born in France
I thought she was extremely knowledgable in all things "Pearl"

I recorded the show to watch later. I did this because I expected or hoped that Helene Remy-Clarke would be the guest on the show. Didn't watch much of it as I thought the quality of the pearls was not as good as previously. I did like the station necklace and was tempted by the "look of the necklace at the price". I hope everyone who ordered enjoys their pearls when they arrive. Sadly I found the show fairly unwatchable with Sara Griffiths talking constantly and over Ros Kwan most of the time. Ros being a tele shopping veteran fought back so it was just like a market with them trying to out do each other. I did feel the main message from Ros was the low price for South Sea Pearls no matter which item was on show, a bit never the quality feel the width type of presentation.

I agree clevercat , for me the show was spoiled by Sara Griffiths with her constant talking over Ros Kwan . I really can't stand her style of presenting , she tries too hard instead of just guiding us through the show and letting the guest give us the detailed information we need.
I think Julia Roberts is very professional although I know she's not everyone's favourite but she is very informative without constantly trying to steal the limelight .
I loved the golden pearl necklace but it was various shades and not uniform and I agree that they are trying to bring items which fit the price criteria and maybe are not quite so hot on the quality as they once were.

Latest posts

Back