So Angry!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CallMeQ

Registered Shopper
Recently I ordered an OPI kit on wait list as I wasn't quick enough to get it before it sold out, today I was trying to get one of the colours from elsewhere but couldn't remember its name, so naturally thought I'd do go to Q's website to find the name to my surprise the kit was back in stock!!

Quickly checked my order history to find my order status as "awaiting stock" as I was desperate i phoned customer services, they told me i could cancel that order and place a new one and get it in 3-5 working days... why the hell do they offer wait list if its not going to mean you'll get it as soon as it comes into stock!!!

When I asked them this they didn't have an answer and just said shall we cancel and re-order...

SO ANGRY!

I personally think Waitlist is a complete waste of time, I have only ever got one item sent to me that was on Waitlist without having to ring Q if the item has come back in stock and get it that way. I know once they told me if they only have a few in stock they don't fulfil Waitlist orders as they would not have enough to send out, this happened to me over an elemis Tsv a couple of years ago when a few were not paid for and I managed to get one, if they have plenty of new stock in then why can't they send your Waitlist order to you? !

i sent an email asking them to explain their wait list policy to me, so i will see what that says... its pointless, but i just was very angry, i spend a fortune with them and i don't like being treated like my order is not a valid one just as its wait list.

Gosh I can see why you are angry. This waitlist policy doesn't make sense. You could have missed out yet again on something you really wanted. Why have a waitlist if you don't fulfil it? How they ever came second to John Lewis is beyond me!

The same happened to me. I have been on waitlist. Checked and saw it was in stock. Rang in and was told it had just come in and that they were probably going through the people on the list before me. However they sent it to me as I rang in - otherwise I would it would have sold out again before they got to me.

In other words, don't order on waitlist. I've waited months on waitlist and just cancelled in the end. I just wonder if it's a way of keeping their order numbers up so they can say to whoever needs to be impressed we have x number of orders awaiting delivery (without specifying what). Who knows what their game is?

This seems to happen all the time. Usually what happens is you phone CS and quote the item number tell them its in stock and you are on wait list. Then then send it out at the price advertised when you ordered. I am going by what has happen to loads of others. QVC computer system is a total joke, it should send out Wait list stuff first before it goes on the site for sale. But its up to the customer to spot its in stock and phone up.

I only had one thing on Wait list long ago, a ring which took about 9 months to come back. QVC kept sending me letters every two or three months asking if I still wanted it? I did, and one day it just turned up.

When I asked about this I was told that only a percentage of any stock they get is allocated to waitlist with the rest going back on the website. If they told me the percentage I can't remember it but it was clear that not all new stock, or returns, are allocated to waitlist. I've never bothered with it since.

Life's too short to get angry over not getting some nail varnish, IMO

I do wonder if they use wait list as a means to guage whether its worth them getting a lot more stock of an item or not.

I do wonder if they use wait list as a means to guage whether its worth them getting a lot more stock of an item or not.

it's just the principle... if I ordered it on wait list surely I should get it when it comes into stock, thats what they say on air too (especially del boy flint).

I agree CMQ it is the principle......... shouldn't matter if it's the cheapest or dearest item on Q that is on waitlist.
It seems that they don't have a set policy (that their CS people are aware of) just a string of different reasons as to why waitlist orders aren't sent out automatically when new stock arrives.
I suppose there must be a percentage of people who forget about waitlist items and change their minds but then forget to cancel the order, but that shouldn't stop them sending out the items.

I've waited months on waitlist and just cancelled in the end.

I've only ever done one thing on 'waitlist' and it took so long I cancelled it in the end and managed to find it elsewhere (eventually).

I only use waitlist to secure a TSV, OTO or similar offer price for an item. It gives me a cooling of period and if I still want the item I ring CS when I notice it's back in stock (sometimes only a few days later there'll be a couple reappear on the system where credit card payments haven't gone through or the customer has cancelled. The onus is on the customer to check as their system for allocating stock to waitlist orders is pants and seems to take second place to new orders. More often than not I'll wait to read the reviews on the Q website or feedback on here, and then cancel the waitlist order.

My top tip if an OTO has technically sold out and the only waitlist options are for colours or sizes that your don't want, order them on waitlist anyway to fix that price for future stock. Keep checking to see whether your preferred colour, size or whatever comes into stock and ask CS to allocate that item to your waitlist order in place of the option on waitlist. A good CS person will do this, if they don't think it's possible just politely hang up and try another CS person. It's an excellent way to delay a purchase (if you're skint that month) or to fix a crazy OTO price. I did this most recently with a Sak bag OTO (a former TSV priced about £40 but with an OTO price of £14 plus p&p) I ordered the pink and once it clicked "waitlist" I ordered the pink again (all other options were sold out). 2 weeks later there was a beige version in stock so I asked to change the waitlist order to this item,in place of the pink and they did it! Hurrah!

No comfort to you CMQ but the only way to get the best from QVC is to think of a way to use their stupid faulty procedures against them. I hope you get your polishes ok and love them when they arrive, and the QVC bollox doesn't detract from their enjoyment.

Wait listed customers should get priority. I don't generally bother with wait list, I don't order much these days. I did once get a wait list order fulfilled but it was so long ago I don't recall what it was or how long I waited

Wait listed customers should get priority. I don't generally bother with wait list, I don't order much these days. I did once get a wait list order fulfilled but it was so long ago I don't recall what it was or how long I waited

Very true but the thing with QVC is they never change or bow to customer pressure; once I realised this it saved me no end of aggravation. In a perfect world QVC would fix everything members of this forum have been banging on about for more than a decade!

I completely agree, what is the point of it otherwise. I have never received a wait list item and do not bother with it now!

I agree it's not the end of the world but it is bad customer service and it is annoying, it's like being in a queue and finding out that what you wanted has been given to someone behind you in the queue.

I got a Leighton Denny kit from waitlist and found it was a return. :mysmilie_51:

Latest posts

Back