SmoothSkin Gold IPL Hair Removal System TSV 14/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SmoothSkin Gold includes 120,000 flashes. It is recommended you follow the 12 week regime and then continue treating monthly as required to maintain beautiful, hair free skin. You have more than enough flashes to treat the whole body and the face for up to 6 years.
So why does it say THE FASTEST AND SAFEST WAY TO PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL if you have to keep using it for up to 6 years
Confused as I know nothing about them ..are they worth the money ?

Firstly, according to their website, this system is not suitable for blonde, grey or white hair. That will count some of us out for a start.
I bought the Illuminage system last summer, which is marketed for all hair colours. And whilst it works well at slowing down hair regrowth whilst you are using it regularly every week, I discovered, when winter arrived and I slacked off a bit, that hair grows back with a vengeance!
Unless you have the right colouring for laser, and can afford professional laser treatment, I think, unfortunately, slowing down hair regrowth is the best you can hope for.

I have carried out laser hair removal professionally when I was nursing in dermatology, whatever these home laser companies tell you - the best candidates for laser hair removal are those with pale skin and dark hair, people with fair hair will always struggle to get a good results. It's just the simple science behind how it works, the laser is heat which destroys the hair, heat is attracted to darker colours, hence those with darker hair get better results.
Even with our professional spot lasers with which we could adjust wavelengths and heat, the results on people with fair hair, or those with darker skin tones, were unspectacular.

I would honestly would say to anyone with fair hair - save your money and stick to waxing/shaving/your hair removal method of choice.

Also, there is NO SUCH THING as permanent hair removal, you will only ever achieve permanent hair reduction. You can never ever permanently remove your hair because hair follicle activity changes through life, hence why many women start getting more facial hair as they get older.

There is so much nonsense out there in the laser hair removal industry, so much damage can be done if a laser is used wrongly or irresponsibly. It's a worryingly unregulated industry.

Last edited:
Also, there is NO SUCH THING as permanent hair removal, you will only ever achieve permanent hair reduction. You can never ever permanently remove your hair because hair follicle activity changes through life, hence why many women start getting more facial hair as they get older.

This should be added to "things I wish my mother had told me" along with "never start shaving your legs".

Most of the success of sales relies on convincing us that things which are 100% natural and normal are a problem we need to solve.

Most of the success of sales relies on convincing us that things which are 100% natural and normal are a problem we need to solve.

Indeed. The lasering we did was for women with polycystic ovaries who had a lot of facial hair and it made such a positive impact on their lives. However, it's a shame that society made them feel self conscious of their facial hair.

But, I wax my upper lip so we all feel the same no matter how much we wish we could fight the system don't we! :)

Indeed. The lasering we did was for women with polycystic ovaries who had a lot of facial hair and it made such a positive impact on their lives. However, it's a shame that society made them feel self conscious of their facial hair.

But, I wax my upper lip so we all feel the same no matter how much we wish we could fight the system don't we! :)

Very true! So far men have largely resisted this kind of pressure, but their care-free attitude is being industriously eroded by the beauty industry, ably abetted by the media - all these sleek, contoured, perma-tanned young men... Soon we'll all be as bad as each other.

I've been epilating for a long time and the hair doesn't grow back on my legs now, just the odd stray weak one, it must be over time it kills the follicle. I've also started using the Pearl hair remover (£84.99 IW) for the face because epilating would be too painful, and I've got really good results, so will continue to use that. I suppose a woman would pay any price for self confidence especially it works, but a lot of expensively, over priced machines don't leading to disappointment and possibly depression.

Around 5 years ago I bought the Philips Lumea and used it as prescribed for 3-6 months , and still today I have NO hair on my legs or underarms - so this technology worked for me and I'd whole heartedly recommend it to anyone .
I'm a white skinned brunette( when I bought the Lumea I had just returned from a fortnight in the Dominican Republic, so was very tanned ) and IPL worked for me.

Just thought I'd add my experiences .....

SmoothSkin Gold IPL Hair Removal System
Item Number: 401187
QVC Price: £290.00
Today's Special Value Price £239.64
P&P £6.95

SmoothSkin's Gold IPL Hair Removal System provides a salon-like experience in the convenience of your own home, with a clever Detect & Set system that automatically delivers the safest and most effective treatment for your skin, and the choice between 'Glide' and 'Stamp' treatment methods to cover both small and large areas. Get silky-smooth skin without the discomfort of waxing or the inconvenience of shaving, thanks to this hi-tech beauty gadget.

How does it work? Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is designed to help break the cycle of hair growth by transferring light energy through the skin’s surface, which is absorbed by the melanin present in the hair shaft. This is converted to heat energy (below the surface of the skin), disabling the hair follicle and preventing further growth. Treated hairs naturally fall out over the course of a few days to 1-2 weeks.

Clinically proven - in ethically-approved clinical trials this product has been shown to produce noticeable hair reduction after just three treatments. For best results, we suggest a 12-week regime followed by monthly maintenance treatments as required.

Safe and easy to use - it will automatically detect your skin tone to select the right settings for you. There's no need for messy gels, and the SmoothSkin Gold is also safe to use on your face, perfect to tackling embarrassing upper lip and chin hair. There's even a Gentle Mode, perfect for those with sensitive skin, which reduces the energy released from the device.

Extended 90-day money back guarantee - we have decided to triple our money back guarantee to 90 days on this item so that you can fully benefit from using this device. If you find your skin tone cannot be treated, simply return the product for a refund.

Suitable for all but the darkest skin tones
Lamp life: 120,000 flashes
Designed and manufactured in the UK
Mains electrical
Power cord length: 190cm (74.8")
Device (h x w x d): 22cm x 8cm x 7.5cm (8.7" x 3.1" x 3")

What's in the box?

SmoothSkin Gold device
Power cable
Carry pouch
User manual
Quick start guide

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401187

Latest posts

Back