Smashbox Halo is anti-ageing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
I just had an email from Smashbox about their lovely Halo powder. New, I think, are the "Clinical Studies" that show "after 10 minutes there is a 33 percent decrease in the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes. After 6 weeks of use there is a 67 percent decrease in the appearance of fine lines"

I don't know about that, but I have to say that this is the best makeup base (powder, mineral, liquid, cream or balm) I have ever tried and makes my skin look the best it can with makeup.

I think they said it was anti-aging when they had it as the TSV. I can't say I noticed any reduction in lines but then my skin can look dehydrated / crepey at times (usually when I am run down / stressed / tired). Interesting that they ran clinical studies though! I agree that it is better than minerals.

I've just tried the Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage cream to powder foundation as part of a late birthday / early christmas pressie (which was a huge bag of Smashbox goodies!) and that is fab! Was worried it would look dry/cakey/settle in lines but nope - my skin looks very fresh and quite dewy (very unsual for me!) and it blends in seamlessly. Jayne sells it - QVC don't seem to have it in stock.

I love it!
I dab on some foundation & then use Halo as a sort of finishing powder,just buffing it in like BE foundation & it works a treat,hides a multitude :13:

I love it too. I use it over BE or mineral veil - sometimes on its own and it lasts all day.

AthenaNI had problems with her's. But went to the Smashbox counter in House of Fraser Belfast, they showed her how to apply and she was fine with it then.
I believe she at first thought it made her look older(no it didn't). No idea the method they demo to her.

I used mine as a finishing powder a light layer over my foundation and it looked really pale or something at first. Then like magic a short while later my skin looked fab and flawless.

I used mine as a finishing powder a light layer over my foundation and it looked really pale or something at first. Then like magic a short while later my skin looked fab and flawless.

It certainly looks even better as the day wears on.

I use the fair and light and think it does look very good, doesn't look as drying as some other brands. It is pretty expensive though.

Latest posts

Back