Slim Be

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
This stuff is hardly new. I remember drinking 'these new milkshake slimming drinks' back in the early 70's, my Mum use to curse at the amount of milk I was getting through !

Anyone remember Limmits & Trimmits ? a biscuit slimming aid, made by Pfizer (where I worked) in the 60's.

Yes I do, and those horrible milk shakes, which are too low in calories and make your mouth feel horrible.

Personally I don't believe in any of the quick fix solutions. I have put on weight over the years through comfort eating as I have been through a number of very stressful situations over the last few years. Plus weight seems to creep on anyway.

I am dieting at the moment and have lost a lot of weight, but not through any quick fix, but eating normal foods and not junk or processed foods. But the most important part of being successful is being in the right frame of mind. If you are not feeling positive you will fail.

I notice that Q have listed them under a different item number than the try me .
Which got a LOT of ONE star reviews and was generally slated be most of those who tried it.
So my money is safe once again.
I will be spending my money on fresh fruit and veg, cooking all of my meals from scratch and walking the dogs.
All of which have helped me to lose weight slowly but it has come off.
Why do Q keep on plugging this type of rubbish ??.
Have they run out of ideas ??

You will lose weight just drinking these, but once you stop and start eating proper food it all goes back on and more!

Losing weight is simple. You need to burn off more calories than you take in. I'm not saying its easy and it's about re-educating yourself for the rest of your life. You can't have bulking agent drinks for ever.

I know, I lost four and a half stone two years ago. I used to love my pies, cakes and biscuits but now don't even think of buying them.

I will hold my hands up and say I can only imagine how difficult it must be to lose weight because I've always been fortunate in staying a reasonable sensible size but I feel genuinely sorry for people who are brain-washed into thinking these type of products are the answers to their prayers........it can be a very expensive solution (excuse the pun!) too. I'm sure we're all guilty of 'comfort eating' and it's not always easy to be in a good frame of mind but I do feel frustrated at companies encouraging people to part with their hard-earned cash when they know other factors need to be taken into account. I know it wouldn't suit everyone's lifestyle but owning a dog is great because they NEED their exercise every day which, in turn, helps you get yours as well. Combined with sensible eating that's all you need......along with a good dose of willpower too!! :wink:

Latest posts

Back