Shopping Telly Awards : Best Haircare Brand (Multiple Choice)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Best Haircare Brand

• Liz Earle

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Philip Kingsley

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Taya

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Percy And Reed

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Wen

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Lulu Time Bomb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HairFix

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Loccitane

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • ABC

• Her

• Silk Oil Of Morocco

• Viviscal

• Color Wow

• Other

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • High Street

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Liz Earle for me.
I had always used Head & Shoulders in the past, but I got a bottle of the shampoo in a TSV or an OTO a few years ago, so rather than waste it, I gave it a try.
After one use, I realised my hair hadn't been properly clean for most of my life.
To use a QVC phrase, LE Shampoo is my 'Desert Island Product'.

I use Avon mainly for hair colour, shampoo and conditioner. It's cheap and very good. I gave WEN a vote, as when I used it I liked it and used it all up. Did not like the faff of it all, and I find "reverse washing" with much cheaper products works just as well. Also rate L'Occitane hair care when I have had smaller bottles to try. But it is too expensive to buy regularly.

I went for Philip Kingsley, as I love Elasticizer. I really like Wen but, I agree with Weathergirl, it is too much faff. I have very long hair so i need to use a lot which makes it expensive. Liz Earle's shampoo is really nice too.

For years I have been buying into getting my shampoo at top quality from QVC, Loved Aveda, MOP Wen but my Holy Grail of shampoo has finally been discovered not from QVC. Macadamia Natural Oil Shampoo, the bottle with the green and brown colouring, I have purchased mine from allbeauty.com at a reasonable price in the professional range. Its sulphate and paraben free which totally suits my needs and I actually feel so satisfied when washing with it, such a pleasure to use. My hair is in fantastic condition and so good I don't need conditioner.

I love, love, love the Liz Earle shampoo. The smell of it, and how it makes my hair feel. It was the shampoo that convinced me I didn't have dandruff, just a scalp that didn't get on with SLS.

I use Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, and find it excellent for keeping my coloured hair from getting at all strawlike. I've got a couple of other products but won't use the shampoos as sadly they are not SLS-free.

I voted for L'Occitane - they have one shampoo which is SLS-free, which is the one for coloured hair, and a volumising conditioner. I don't buy of QVC as I never see the configuration I would use on air or the website, sadly. They are excellent - but if you don't get on with essential oils they are not for you as they are part of the aromachology range (unless you get the verbena shampoo and conditioner).

I've got Hairfix, but I don't like the texture of the gel you put in your hair (pity as I'm awash with the stuff). I thought the shampoo and conditioner were nice but not a wow for me.

I didn't see the Lulu shampoo range until after I voted. I missed it because it's not branded as Time Bomb on the bottles, even though it's part of the same range on the same website... It's Operation Glam and I use the Larger than Life volumising products. Shampoo is SLS-free - yay! The products are excellent, and my hair feels gorgeous after use.

The other ranges I use come from the high street - Kerastase do a cleansing balm for coloured hair, and Aveda do the Invati range for thinning hair. I'll also put in a word for the Naked range - SLS free and a variety of different products for different hair concerns (also handwashes, showe gels etc). I've bought them in the past from Boots and Sainsburys.

I've got Wen from QVC (went for their first TSV) but haven't loved it.

Last edited:
I use Aveda blue malva which I first saw on Q many years ago. I also use Percy and Reed wonderbalm and no oil oil.

I like Elasticizer so voted Philip Kingsley, tried Wen in the past and hated it but find the Hair One from Amazon brilliant and a lot cheaper. Would like to try Liz Earle at some point.

Due to poorliness and medical treatment my hair is awful and the only shampoo that makes it always feel nice is Kerastase, their Nutritive range. Satin Bath No 2 shampoo followed by their corresponding Lait Vital conditioner but its an expensive duo so if we would like to eat lol, I always intersperse with L'Oreals Elvive. And on gloomy days when I feel like being transported back to childhood when there wasn't any worries in my world I use Vosene Medicated. Love that smell!!! takes me straight back to that dark green tear drop shaped bottle that had a twisty lid. Mum used to buy it from Boots (or Timothy Whites as it was back then) and lean me over the bath and use a shower contraption that fitted onto the end of the taps, so it was always either scalding or freezing, no inbetweeny lol. Amazing how smells can transport you straight back though ... and also in this case to the days of "its gone in me eyes mum, me eyes!!!" :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Due to poorliness and medical treatment my hair is awful and the only shampoo that makes it always feel nice is Kerastase, their Nutritive range. Satin Bath No 2 shampoo followed by their corresponding Lait Vital conditioner but its an expensive duo so if we would like to eat lol, I always intersperse with L'Oreals Elvive. And on gloomy days when I feel like being transported back to childhood when there wasn't any worries in my world I use Vosene Medicated. Love that smell!!! takes me straight back to that dark green tear drop shaped bottle that had a twisty lid. Mum used to buy it from Boots (or Timothy Whites as it was back then) and lean me over the bath and use a shower contraption that fitted onto the end of the taps, so it was always either scalding or freezing, no inbetweeny lol. Amazing how smells can transport you straight back though ... and also in this case to the days of "its gone in me eyes mum, me eyes!!!" :mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Timothy Whites - I'd forgotten about them! Blast from the past.

I voted for Philip Kingsley - his products just suit my hair (fine with highlights) - I really love the elasticizer.

Haircare is my next tackle (I'm set with my skincare routine and now also my make up, thanks to Laura Geller mainly).

I tend to go back to Liz Earle a lot, but I don't particularly enjoy using it. I'm currently using a brand called Aqua Sana, which is the Center Parcs' spa's own brand. I also use Philip Kingley's Elasteriser twice a week as a treatment too.

I'm a recent convert to Hairfix, lovely products which have proved very helpful for my hair issues. I can't see myself using anything else now.

Goodness, yes!!! That's all that came in the door for my brother's and my hair. No conditioner in those days either... pity me with fine flyaway hair that tangled at the drop of a hat... my mother would comb through and just yank and yank until the tangles came out (or the hair in a clump). No hair washing day with my mum in charge was tear-free. Once I got to do my own, I used to hold my hair just above the tangle and start teasing the tangle out... or get the scissors out and snip to get rid of the most uncooperative tangles and tats.

My dad got preferential treatment and had Head & Shoulders... we used to hanker after using it.

Did anyone ever use/remember Loxene shampoo?

Choices were so much simpler in those days. Imperial Leather, Pears, Palmolive, Knights of Castile, Camay and Lux were the main soap brands I remember (and Fairy Household soap for cleaning your floors).

Forgot to mention Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Re constructor Conditioner, i use it every other time instead of Elasticizer and its brilliant. Bought it originally for £2.97 on offer in Asda but since found it in the Pound shop so bought 5 lol should last me the rest of the year :)

Oh yes, so many memories! Timothy Whites, Vosene, mum bashing me over the head with a hairbrush when I was screaming blue murder while she yanked those tangles out ....
No conditioner, no hairdryer, no sympathy. Maymorganlondon, are you my long lost sister??
The first thing I bought when I started work was a Moulinex hairdryer; a bright orange, gun shaped thing, and an upgrade to Alberto Balsam shampoo & conditioner, Linco Beer shampoo in the little beer barrel bottle, and Cream Silk conditioner!

Oh yes, so many memories! Timothy Whites, Vosene, mum bashing me over the head with a hairbrush when I was screaming blue murder while she yanked those tangles out ....
No conditioner, no hairdryer, no sympathy. Maymorganlondon, are you my long lost sister??
The first thing I bought when I started work was a Moulinex hairdryer; a bright orange, gun shaped thing, and an upgrade to Alberto Balsam shampoo & conditioner, Linco Beer shampoo in the little beer barrel bottle, and Cream Silk conditioner!

Ooh I nb Linco Beer in the barrel. And Woodleigh Green (apple one). And Avecto lol. Also Shader and Toners wash in colour. No matter which one you chose you always got a red clump in the back of your head but thought you looked lovely lol.

Soaps .. loved Lux, esp the blue one but mum would only ever buy the peach colour. Marble too and Lifebuoy. Camay made me feel like a 'lady' lol. Zest was lovely and zingy but my nan only ever bought Imperial Leather which when brand new poked you with its sharp corners and that pesky little label which would soak off in the bath lol.

Yes I nb Palmolive, it used to be in tall cone sort of shaped bottles, lasted forever.

I remember all these things too. Marble soap had a lovely fresh smell, but Zest was too lemony.
Remember Cadum soap? the ad used to say 'Cadum for madam'

Sachets of shampoo from Woolworths, Breck and Halo shampoos which were advertised on TV and sounded glamorous.
My first Foundation was from Woolworths, it had a picture of Twiggy on the box, and was called 'nothing on' by Angel Face. I loved it, but as with all lovely cosmetic items, they eventually get discontinued.

Latest posts

Back