sat 10/09 TSV/ Kodak printer?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I really need a new printer.I'm so not into gadgets and technology.Can anyone tell me if this will be/is a good price,as I'm guessing kodak printers are everywhere.I'm keen to get a kodak one as I'm told they have good prices for their ink.Thanks

Dread to think what the delivery will be though:eek:

Never really considered Kodak's to be honest. Always been a HP inkjet man myself and the cartridges on mine are about £7 each. Though before you commit yourself, if your printing needs is mainly black and white go for a cheap mono laser. Also check out, dare I say it, Staples or PCW for end of line/ex-demo models and they sometimes do have some good deals going.

I have the previous Kodak TSV and its fantastic. Its operates wireless printing, so I can be on my MacBook Pro anywhere in the house and print remotely. The inks are good value- I think its £19.99 for a colour and black cartridge and they last a long time. It was also great value as I got a load of photographic paper and printing paper. I can also photocopy and scan on it and its a brilliant tool for my Ebay business. I've not had a single problem with it and I can really recommend the brand. Its also easy to set up with good instructions. Go for it!:smirk:

I have the previous Kodak TSV and its fantastic. Its operates wireless printing, so I can be on my MacBook Pro anywhere in the house and print remotely. The inks are good value- I think its £19.99 for a colour and black cartridge and they last a long time. It was also great value as I got a load of photographic paper and printing paper. I can also photocopy and scan on it and its a brilliant tool for my Ebay business. I've not had a single problem with it and I can really recommend the brand. Its also easy to set up with good instructions. Go for it!:smirk:

:mysmilie_497: I got that one too, I print much more now and I did a quick price comparison of this TSV and even with the P&P it's a good price.

I see the P&P is £8-95, not bad for a large item, yet the P&P for the small Archos tablet is £9-95! Their P£P charges are totally inconsistent.

I can tell you that my experience with Kodak printers is that they are a complete load of rubbish. I had mine several years ago & I purchased it because of the ink prices as well. It was nothing but trouble & don't even get me started on Kodak's customer services:headbang: Everytime I rang, the exact same checks were gone through (even if you'd already carried them out before phoning) which resulted in lots of ink being used. Kodak eventually replaced it with a reconditioned one - I was not best pleased considering the original machine had cost me over a £100. Never again will I purchase a Kodak anything after my experience.:down: If you do a search there was a thread last week about trouble with Kodak printers.

I am looking for a new printer to use with my crafting CD-ROMs, does the ink last long when you craft?

I can tell you that my experience with Kodak printers is that they are a complete load of rubbish. I had mine several years ago & I purchased it because of the ink prices as well. It was nothing but trouble & don't even get me started on Kodak's customer services:headbang: Everytime I rang, the exact same checks were gone through (even if you'd already carried them out before phoning) which resulted in lots of ink being used. Kodak eventually replaced it with a reconditioned one - I was not best pleased considering the original machine had cost me over a £100. Never again will I purchase a Kodak anything after my experience.:down: If you do a search there was a thread last week about trouble with Kodak printers.

Now my experience is the total opposite, I have a kodak printer, scanner ( not a wireless one I have had ir ages) had a problem with it which i emailed their support about got a phone call where they checked I had done all the usual things turned out to be the print head for which they sent me out a replacement free and a new paper tray because I had said mine had cracked and didnt charge me a penny then rang back a few weeks later to check everything was OK.
The ink is much cheaper than any other brand and the print quality excellent I was always an epson girl as I used to scrap book and thought the quality of the photos on an epson couldn't be beaten- I was wrong! The printer is also relativley quiet which is always a bonus.

Thanks for the opinions.Still undecided.May get my hubby to make the decision,but feel he will think its too much money anyway for a printer!!! (we are a light user)

I am looking for a new printer to use with my crafting CD-ROMs, does the ink last long when you craft?

I had craft in mind when I purchased this as well. Quite honestly the ink doesn't last very long at all, also invariably one of the colours runs out first so lots of pages weren't printing correctly, seemed to remember getting lots of all pink/purple pages of things. Also it only takes light weight card. Hope that helps.:happy:

Thanks for the opinions.Still undecided.May get my hubby to make the decision,but feel he will think its too much money anyway for a printer!!! (we are a light user)

If you are a light user, the financial benefits for you will not be as extensive as they infer on QVC. I wouldn't allow the cost of ink in your case to influence your decision as to whether or not you buy it. Also, the cartridges are single black and combi colour. When Danny from HP is on, he always extols the virtues of single ink cartridges, as you can then only replace the ones you need. Again, don't allow this to affect your decision as buying a combi pack of inks is cheaper than buying individual cartridges. You must remember that, to encourage sales, the company rep always ups his product and highlights all selling points. It really dependds on what is most important to you. This particular printer will, in several months, have dropped in price considerably. Currys / comet are, for example, selling both kodak and hp wifi all in ones for the £70 mark. Even accounting for the 'added value', it may still be cheaper to go for one of these models.

Now my experience is the total opposite, I have a kodak printer, scanner ( not a wireless one I have had ir ages) had a problem with it which i emailed their support about got a phone call where they checked I had done all the usual things turned out to be the print head for which they sent me out a replacement free and a new paper tray because I had said mine had cracked and didnt charge me a penny then rang back a few weeks later to check everything was OK.
The ink is much cheaper than any other brand and the print quality excellent I was always an epson girl as I used to scrap book and thought the quality of the photos on an epson couldn't be beaten- I was wrong! The printer is also relativley quiet which is always a bonus.

Not sure if it's still the same or not, but Kodak used to allow you one "free" print head & any after used to be £25 each, the Kodak rep did say that it was something that needed replacing quite frequently (whether that's changed now or not I've no clue). They sent me 4 replacement print heads out for my first printer & a further 2 out for my reconditioned replacement, before I gave up & binned it.:devil: It really was a very bad purchase for me.

You can buy the Kodak cartridges separately. I think the colour is £12.99 and the black is around £8. I get through more black than colour so its good that I replace individual cartridges whilst the other fuller cartridge carries on. I think the print quality is very good too. Also, you can pick up cheap printers for £30-£40 but the running cost of the cartridges are the real cost. Especially Canon and HP cartridges. You'll be spending twice as much, if not more, on an annual basis to feed your printer. We decided to pay more for a printer, but save in the long run on cheaper cartridges. I'm very happy with my Kodak WiFi printer. PS Does good photo prints too and I love using the iPhone Kodak app to print off photos taken on my iPhone.

Dont buy kodak

I am amazed there is another kodak printer so close to the last one. I bought the last one, had to have it replaced and that had the same fault so that went back. Kodak customer services was appauling. I went into Staples today to look at getting a more basic Kodak printer - the sales manager told me not to touch it with a barge pole. He said the number of returns on Kodak printers were the highest and becoming a real problem as the heads keep failing - no head no printer. They also had the TSV in there for £160 and he heeded a warning about the eprinting - new technology for Kodak - HP do it much better. I took his advice and got something else :rock:

Sales Managers are notorious for pushing products that earn them higher commission. Which is why I don't go into PC World and the likes. And the second reason I don't go in is that they patronise women customers. They think we know diddly-squat about computers and generally try to push us to buy high spec computers. That said, now that we have become a Mac household (and Apple REALLY know how to treat their customers, just brilliant customer service) I no longer have any reason to go there. My local Tesco sell Kodak cartridges.

I am amazed there is another kodak printer so close to the last one. I bought the last one, had to have it replaced and that had the same fault so that went back. Kodak customer services was appauling. I went into Staples today to look at getting a more basic Kodak printer - the sales manager told me not to touch it with a barge pole. He said the number of returns on Kodak printers were the highest and becoming a real problem as the heads keep failing - no head no printer. They also had the TSV in there for £160 and he heeded a warning about the eprinting - new technology for Kodak - HP do it much better. I took his advice and got something else :rock:

I'm very interested to hear the sales manager comments on Kodak printers, wish he had been around when I got mine from PC World, would have saved me a load of hassle. His comments sound spot on to me, certainly backs up everything I've said in my previous posts about them, even down to the print heads. After all if you're having to purchase a new print head every few months, it quickly negates the savings with the ink cartridges doesn't it?!
Yes, I agree with you Vikki, my experiences with Kodak customer services were really dreadful as well.:handshake:

I never went for it.My DH took a glimpse of the price and went off muttering don't be so stupid! So that was that!!

Latest posts

Back