Santa's Toy Shop TSV 24/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nooooo!!!! It's Christmas in July time!

Of course, they don't mention that until you're buying during the official Christmas period, the extended MBG doesn't apply.

This means we can look forward to:

Ann Dorrington
Abi Horne
Gill Gauntlett
Beverley Cressman

Who have I missed off?

I'll be getting a new telly for Christmas then because once I've watched my way through those ladies - in particular Ann Dorrington and the ghastly Abi Horne (what's with the hairstyles?), I will have chucked the TV out the window and into the garden. Or there will be a nearly empty bottle of Sancerre lodged into the front of it (the TV, not the garden).

Oh, who else? Richard Jackson's son with his £25 a pop gift cards with a SINGLE chocolate in them - who buys them? They sell out every time (I know you do get the plants later on but hey, it's not that great a present). Or that annoying bloke that used to do the Magic Marvin pens or the little racing cars or helicoptors. Bring back Dexter Moscow and the American guy from Mr Christmas and please can Mr Christmas do some of their old fashioned music boxes and give up on the laser light monstrosities - they could sell those to Gill Gauntlett's Dad (who incidentally has had the structural engineer round from the Council for the fourth time to test the weight load capacity of his balcony).

CC

More Yankee Candles! Yay! Not.

Tacky lights, singing trees and pre-lit door wreaths. I can hardly wait. Oh, and the fact that everything they sell is good for gifting.

image.jpg

Interesting.

Seen the stickers before. You stick them somewhere and then use an app on your phone. The phone scans the sticker and plays an animation the phone.

They've been selling these recently on TJC (though what they have to do with jewellery escapes me!)
BTW, I see Christmas in July is a day early on Friday 24th July instead of the usual 25th. Do QVC think that people won't buy Christmas stuff on a Saturday?

Hah! I'm going on holiday on the 23rd July. Unhah, we're going to the caravan which does have a telly so I may just have a look. Well, you have to don't you? I wish they would actually do some of all that nonsense they used to do like the rocking santas and the dancing trees. I never bought any but I used to love having a good old laugh when they sold out. Then I thought that these things probably brought great cheer to many families on Christmas Day after half a bottle of sherry - I just don't have that sort of Christmas. Maybe QVC should have a "20 years ago" day and see how much they sell - I bet they'd be surprised.

CC

WILL NOT BE WATCHING!!!!!!! It is always absolute garbage on the Christmas in July days. I once bought the Prices Candles TSV and they stank. They were meant to be for presents ended up in the charity bag!!!

Best thing about Xmas in July is that it normally means we have lovely weather :mysmilie_378:

WILL NOT BE WATCHING!!!!!!! It is always absolute garbage on the Christmas in July days. I once bought the Prices Candles TSV and they stank. They were meant to be for presents ended up in the charity bag!!!

Hmmm, I bought those as well and gave a lot of them away as gifts. After I had tried them myself I really regretted doing that. It looked like a really cheap gift - like a job lot from QVC or Ali's Cave.

CC

Latest posts

Back