Samsung Curved TV 20/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't recommend the curved screen. Despite what Q says, it does NOT give a wider viewing angle, but less IMO (think about it).

I returned mine last time it was on.

I don't recommend the curved screen. Despite what Q says, it does NOT give a wider viewing angle, but less IMO (think about it).

I don't fancy this as I think you need to watch while directly in front and not from an angle.

I just purchased a new Samsung 40inch HD/3D/Wifi TV from Currys for less than £500 (it was on sale), and am over the moon with it, I ordered it online and picked it up from in store an hour later, as my previous TV suddenly stopped working on good friday.

Yes, I bought a Samsung flat screen instead, from John Lewis, also wifi, HD and
3D, superb picture, and 1/2 the price for the same screen size.

The curved screen also gives annoying reflections when switched off, like a magnifying bathroom mirror.

I don't fancy this as I think you need to watch while directly in front and not from an angle.

Totally agree. My mate bought a curved TV last year. Bragged about it for weeks, but when I went to see it, I didn't like it at all.
Lynn is correct, unless you're sitting directly in front of it, it looks weird. The only way I can describe it is when someone is walking across a room, it looks like the programme is going ever so slightly on fast forward. Everything seems slightly out of sync.
Anyway, it's a no from me.

I just purchased a new Samsung 40inch HD/3D/Wifi TV from Currys for less than £500 (it was on sale), and am over the moon with it, I ordered it online and picked it up from in store an hour later, as my previous TV suddenly stopped working on good friday.

have you tried 3d films yet cmq

I am thinking of a new tv but will stick with high street ie curry,s j lewis, richer sounds, much better deals than qvc and some with 5year guarantee.

Glad I read this thread about the viewing angles as my Dad texted me as he was thinking of getting this. Can't see the point of a tv that you can't view from various angles in the room, very difficult to sit everyone directly infront of it!

I love my 47" LG 3D smart tv that I got last year, how on earth did we survive without netflix and now tv??! Hardly ever watch normal tv anymore. Plus I got it from John Lewis with a 5 year guarantee, not the cheapest place to buy a tv but there's just something about that guarantee that I'm happy to pay a bit extra for the price of the tv for.

Glad I read this, my other half keeps on about getting a new curved screen TV, but I wasn't too keen...nice to get the opinion of somebody who has actually tried one.

If you are sitting well off to one side of the TV, the FAR side of the screen may look better because it is facing you slightly more, but the NEAR side will be worse because you are even more at an angle than you would be with a flat screen.

But their main selling point is STILL its supposed wider viewing angle. I would like to see any scientific proof of this claim.

Craig just asked everyone to type the model number into Google and search for this to look at competitors' prices. Well I did and guess what - Ebuyer have it at £758 with free delivery and in stock! (QVC £799 & £9.95 P&P and Waitlist only)

Shall I be a devil and tweet him? :mysmilie_17:

i got a new tv the other year from JL but i didnt want a smart one or 3d as to me they are pointless

but for my bedroom i had to get one with all those features as when i got mine they only had black tv's & that wouldnt of fitted with my colour scheme in my bedroom so i saw on JL they had a nice stunnin samsung white tv & OMFG!!! its amazing even though i dont use the smart features or 3d on it, one of my fav things ive ever bought

love smart and 3d is fab specially at xmas when there is a crowd. when my bedroom tv goes i will replace it with a smart 3d tv as big as i can view

Glad I read this, my other half keeps on about getting a new curved screen TV, but I wasn't too keen...nice to get the opinion of somebody who has actually tried one.

Same here, I was thinking of getting one, it's hard to visualise this in your lounge as opposed to in the store. Thanks for the helpful comments!

Latest posts

Back