Rush To The Phones

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Debbie Greenwood is flogging nineteen to the dozen some 'bargain' handbags for the next two hours.

'There's saving of £100 on these designer handbags, you'll be brushing shoulders with the stars'

Very Starbucks, David Lloyd or Wimbledon village ' Darling ' !

You should go for them sooner rather than later at these prices.

I'm going to switch off. :sleepy:

IMO even with the £100.00 off, no handbag is worth that. Sorry, but I'm not a handbag junkie. The most I have ever paid was £54.48 for the TSV - Tignanello pebble leather shoulder bag, and I haven't had it out of the packaging yet.

It's a wonder Debbie is on with another handbag range as the other day she was all over Lulu G like a bad rash that she'd not be seen for months.

:tongue:

I love a stylish, good quality handbag which is precisely why I won't be buying any of these Charlie Lapson pieces. Horses for courses - if you love them, great! - but to me they are overdone to the point of cheap-looking.

I love it when Debbie keeps saying "this bag *should* be £75 more than it is today" as if someone in pricing has made a mistake or just decided to do us a kind favour, as opposed to the reality of QVC needing to shift previously unpopular stock!

I think these QVC presenters need a shake up, they must be living in their own QVC dreamland, were they have money to burn, just a shame they aren't aware some people aren't.
Debbie has just said you'll feel so very expensive carrying this bag having only paid £200.

:wonder:

I am a bit of a handbag junkie, and bought a charlie lapson bag about 4 weeks ago, it was around £220, which is expensive but I felt like treating myself.

When it arrives (in a box the size of my kitchen) it was appalling quality, the leather which was supposed to be smooth was all crinkled, there was a white mark on it (the bag was black) and to top it all off there was glue all over where the badge had been stuck on. It looked a total mess.

But the worst thing of all is that b****y Jill Franks flogged it to me!

Needless to say I sent it back, and will never buy from this brand again

I am a bit of a handbag junkie, and bought a charlie lapson bag about 4 weeks ago, it was around £220, which is expensive but I felt like treating myself.

When it arrives (in a box the size of my kitchen) it was appalling quality, the leather which was supposed to be smooth was all crinkled, there was a white mark on it (the bag was black) and to top it all off there was glue all over where the badge had been stuck on. It looked a total mess.

But the worst thing of all is that b****y Jill Franks flogged it to me!

Needless to say I sent it back, and will never buy from this brand again

Funny you say about JF flogging you the bag. I'd never really thought about it much before but there are definitely presenters I would prefer not to buy from. Some of them spoil the 'shopping experience' if you know what I mean. The most insincere ones like JF and DF are particularly annoying. Don't know if their sales figures get them any commission but I wouldn't like to give them the satisfaction!

I love and adore handbags, but get my fixes in M and S and Tkmax, never bought one from QVC, just can't afford them and I like to see and feel a bag to truly evalute if it would accommodate all my tat.

Debbie Greenwood is flogging nineteen to the dozen some 'bargain' handbags for the next two hours.

'There's saving of £100 on these designer handbags, you'll be brushing shoulders with the stars'

Very Starbucks, David Lloyd or Wimbledon village ' Darling ' !

You should go for them sooner rather than later at these prices.

I'm going to switch off. :sleepy:

Only caught a bit of the show (had to go and vote y'know), but in the bit I did see, she was highly over excited at one of them "selling out", and was at pains to tell us that they might get some more in!!! Doubt it luv, it was an outlet show.:blush:

I used to like DG as a presenter but lately she gets right up my nose! Its more a cash of "Reach for the remote" when she's on than rush to the phones.

RE the bags....over priced tat, even at outlet prices, and i couldnt give a flying monkeys which celeb owns one!

I was watching a bit of the Charlie bags..no idea why as they are not my thing.. Anyway Debbie opened one bag and in the bag was a pink tube of something. She said something about Charlie leaving his stuff in the bag. In another bag she put her hand in a pocket and out came what looked like a scrap of paper which she shoved back in.

I had to keep watching to see if anything else popped out :grin:

It's a wonder Debbie is on with another handbag range as the other day she was all over Lulu G like a bad rash that she'd not be seen for months.

:tongue:

she's not the only one usually thats Catherine
they all fawn over Lulu when shes on !!!!

Debbie has mentioned in the past that she has over 40 Kipling bags. Er, why? I guess it shows us where all those high prices and P&P are going! I still swear by TK Maxx for bags. You can see all sorts of designer names in there at a fraction of the price. And you need to be able to feel and handle a bag to know for sure if it's any good. Too many have too small handles and no zips across the top, which I don't like (I don't think those magnetic snaps are good security!) Besides, how many people would really be able to tell a Lapson from a Guinness from a Babyphat or a Factory Shop clearance special. I've certainly never seen anything that looked like a designer bag when I've been out shopping.

Debbie has mentioned in the past that she has over 40 Kipling bags. Er, why? I guess it shows us where all those high prices and P&P are going! I still swear by TK Maxx for bags. You can see all sorts of designer names in there at a fraction of the price. And you need to be able to feel and handle a bag to know for sure if it's any good. Too many have too small handles and no zips across the top, which I don't like (I don't think those magnetic snaps are good security!) Besides, how many people would really be able to tell a Lapson from a Guinness from a Babyphat or a Factory Shop clearance special. I've certainly never seen anything that looked like a designer bag when I've been out shopping.

I totally agree - I LOVE TK Maxx. I've seen loads of QVC brands at a fraction of the price. Just last month I got an LG bag that was on QVC last week - QVC price £300, TK Maxx price £49.99. You can also spot beauty bargains too. It's well worth having a rummage - you never know what you might find.

I totally agree - I LOVE TK Maxx. I've seen loads of QVC brands at a fraction of the price. Just last month I got an LG bag that was on QVC last week - QVC price £300, TK Maxx price £49.99. You can also spot beauty bargains too. It's well worth having a rummage - you never know what you might find.

Can those of you who manage to find Lulu Guinness/Furla bags/Decleor and other such fab items in TK Maxx please take me with you next time you go and show me how it's done? I *never* manage to get any bargains in there. I think despite priding myself on being a bit of a demon shopper I'm just not focussed/committed enough when I go in, tend to flap about and leave downhearted. Mind you I'm a TK Maxx virgin really as ours has only just opened up. Perhaps there's some training course I could go on in Manchester, staffed by old hands at this game? :wink:

Can those of you who manage to find Lulu Guinness/Furla bags/Decleor and other such fab items in TK Maxx please take me with you next time you go and show me how it's done? I *never* manage to get any bargains in there. I think despite priding myself on being a bit of a demon shopper I'm just not focussed/committed enough when I go in, tend to flap about and leave downhearted. Mind you I'm a TK Maxx virgin really as ours has only just opened up. Perhaps there's some training course I could go on in Manchester, staffed by old hands at this game? :wink:

My top TK Maxx tip is to go in the evening when there's less people around and take your time. Also look at all of the sizes as things tend to get muddled up. Also Friday is good because they seem to get deliveries then. I also have Furla handbags from TK but I had to stop buying them because it was getting out of hand. I buy everything - household, toys, kids clothes, etc. I always laugh when I see QVC items like my Deer Stag slippers - seven quid instead of the QVC price of £22 or some other ridiculous price. If you are ever in Scotland, I would gladly take you on a TK training course!

Originally Posted by ArtDeco
Can those of you who manage to find Lulu Guinness/Furla bags/Decleor and other such fab items in TK Maxx please take me with you next time you go and show me how it's done? I *never* manage to get any bargains in there. I think despite priding myself on being a bit of a demon shopper I'm just not focussed/committed enough when I go in, tend to flap about and leave downhearted. Mind you I'm a TK Maxx virgin really as ours has only just opened up. Perhaps there's some training course I could go on in Manchester, staffed by old hands at this game?

My top TK Maxx tip is to go in the evening when there's less people around and take your time. Also look at all of the sizes as things tend to get muddled up. Also Friday is good because they seem to get deliveries then. I also have Furla handbags from TK but I had to stop buying them because it was getting out of hand. I buy everything - household, toys, kids clothes, etc. I always laugh when I see QVC items like my Deer Stag slippers - seven quid instead of the QVC price of £22 or some other ridiculous price. If you are ever in Scotland, I would gladly take you on a TK training course!

Other top tips, don't go with anyone, unless they too are a committed shopper. Do NOT take children, you need to be focused on the rails etc, not the sprogs. Go there before anywhere else, so you're not already lugging bags. Wear a cross body bag, so both hands free, nothing more annoying when trying to shop, then a bag constantly slipping of your shoulder......Also, be aware that a lot of the sizing is American so trying on is a must (I know, I know - not my favourite thing either). Happy Rummaging. :wink:

Definitely agree with the TK tips; esp about going alone.

My tip is to get a trolley instead of a basket, esp for beauty products and bags...well anything really. I put in anything that catches my eye and then go through it returning to shelves anything I decide against. Sounds obvious but I see lots of people trying to juggle 4 handbags over their arm whilst tryiing to look at others, or tripping over baskets. It means I take my time and don't just rush to a till to get it over with and end up buying stuff I don't need.

Take your own carrier bags theirs are expensive and they have no free ones! I bought some items for my own use and because I didn't want to buy a carrier I unpacked eveything and left to huge amount of packaging at the till so I could fit the actual products in my bag!

Jude xx

Wow, thanks for all the TK Maxx tips! :clapping: There's obviously an art to this. I *totally* get the whole going alone/trolley rather than basket thing, makes perfect sense. Problem is my TK Maxx is only open 9.30am - 5pm as I live in a teensy town (am sure it's the one Victoria Wood said she couldn't call boring as there'd be an outcry, locals would go 'tut'.) Despite being small it's also quite a wealthy area - big high acheiving Uni and hospital, lots of academics and consultants etc - so there was a real battle to get a TK Maxx here and it's relatively small and I'm not sure it gets sent the best stuff. Absolutely no chance of a Primark getting past the planners, and Debenhams has just been rejected for the umpteenth time in favour of more vegetarian organic fairtrade shops - nothing wrong with that before anyone says anything! Am all for independent/ethical high streets, just would love a John Lewis too...I have seen the odd Kathy Van Zeeland bag in TK Maxx Bromley when back in London but to be honest I know my limits and I'm not taking on any local young woman down there's who's set her heart on that accompanying her to Jazzmins that night...:muscle:

Latest posts

Back